This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Can Homey tell me sensors are not working?

Hello,

Every one or two weeks I've gotta activate my alarm and walk around the house to check if my sensors are working. Doorsensors, moving sensors. 

For a device which is supposed to be smart, thats pretty stupid. How can I make the Homey tell me a device didn't check in for 24 hours? Or something like that? 

Comments

• LuukvD said:
    Hello,

Every one or two weeks I've gotta activate my alarm and walk around the house to check if my sensors are working. Doorsensors, moving sensors. 

For a device which is supposed to be smart, thats pretty stupid. How can I make the Homey tell me a device didn't check in for 24 hours? Or something like that? 

Please use the search function because this information is available on the forum or changelog. When making a flow, drag devices / apparaten to your flow where you will have a card "device didn't report in (select time)"
  • konradwalshkonradwalsh Member
    edited February 2018
    @LuukvD
    Check out the Candy app. That will allow you to achieve that. If you need more help, let us know.
    this might make it easier to understand

• I even think there is a new (built-in) card that can be used for that..

• This one...
  • swttt said:

This one...
    even better!
  • swttt said:

This one...
    Is that card working correctly now?
    I made a flow using that card (set to 24 hours) a few months ago, and on very irregular intervals I would get flooded with push messages saying that all my devices were offline (even the powered ones that were working just fine)....
  • Wauw! Wonderful :) Thanks!!
  • swttt said:

This one...
    Hi, I tried the Candy App, gives an error. Could you please post a complete flow? I dont know how to make a flow with this card.. sorry :) 
  • IF device hasn't reported in 1 day (that's the card @swttt showed)  THEN scare the heck out of me by sounding the alarm and blink all available lights in the red color. Or just send a message to ur phone. In the message u can drag the tags with the zone and the name of the device not reporting.
  • LuukvDLuukvD Member
    I still don't get how I can make this flow, sorry.. I found that card, but I don't know how to select a device. So, where can I put in the device I want to check? Thanks!!
  • I have the same problem, I am not able to change the cards. In the desktop app I can only change the cards when I test a flow, but it doesn't remember the device, so basically it stops working after I close the flow editor.
  • I still (after 2 years of Homey) don't have a flow or option to tell me a device is not working.. :( :( 

Really too bad. 
  • The flow card triggers an A (any, nl: elk) device, if you only want reports for a specific device evaluate the Name tag from that card in the ...and... column.