This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Making some first flows

LauriLauri Unconfirmed, Member
Hi,

I have first steps with homey flows and I have run into small step back. I would like to make a flow:

Where there is no motion in bathroom in 3 minutes and lights are on then turn off lights.

Im using Fibaro motion sensor + Fibaro dimmer 2.

Any hint where to look for these easy steps?

Im quite familiar with Home center 2 but Homey has another way doing these things so maybe Im over thinking.

Comments

• You could use the countdown app.
    Make a flow to start the light AND a countdown timer for 3 minutes.
    Then make a new flow to turn of the light when the timer hits 0  ;)
  • LauriLauri Unconfirmed, Member
    But I would like to make a  flow which only shuts off the lights when there is no motion in 3 minutes. If there is motion it needs to restart countdown. 
  • WHEN motion ends---->THEN start timer for 3 minutes
    WHEN motion--->THEN stop timer
    WHEN timer reaches 0---->THEN kill the lights
  • Lauri said:
    But I would like to make a  flow which only shuts off the lights when there is no motion in 3 minutes. If there is motion it needs to restart countdown. 
    The 2 flows I was talking about, does just that.

Every time there is motion, the timer resets.
    When there is no motion for 3 minutes, the lights shuts off.
  • This is the "Off" flow.

• The "On" flow...

I might get it done finally with three flows. a) turn on light when there is motion and start countdown. b) turn light off when countdown is zero. c) when light is on and there is new motion then restart countdown.

Its not yet perfect because sensor might not see another movement when it is breached all the time and light turns off anyway but i think Im getting there soon.
    Thanks, I will look into your flows. It seems my version was not the best one to achieve this.
    But in your samples is there anything reseting lys auto timer between motions or it will shut down lights after this time no matter what?
  • Every time there is motion, the timer starts over :)
  • WHEN motion ends---->THEN start timer for 3 minutes
    WHEN motion--->THEN stop timer
    WHEN timer reaches 0---->THEN kill the lights
    This might look like a better idea...  Ill try this in my kitchen :)  Thanks !
    Thanks this worked very well. Im impressed actually. This brings up a lot of possibilities. I downloaded Heimdall app for security system based on zwave devices but it seems to be so-so. Anything else to try? I want to use PIN code or something similar for disarming.