This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

[Published] OpenWeatherMap app v0.0.8

13»

Comments

• viniszvinisz Member
    Hi All,
    ?
    I'd like to use this app just for 1 simple thing, what will the temperature be tomorrow ? (or today ?) so no current values but only the forecast.
    I want to use that value to determine how much water the sprinklers shoud sent to the garden.
    Hope someone can tell me how to get that forecast data and use it in a flow.
  • vinisz said:
    Hi All,
    ?
    I'd like to use this app just for 1 simple thing, what will the temperature be tomorrow ? (or today ?) so no current values but only the forecast.
    I want to use that value to determine how much water the sprinklers shoud sent to the garden.
    Hope someone can tell me how to get that forecast data and use it in a flow.

• mpclDevmpclDev Member
    edited August 2018
    This i exactly what I was looking for.
    Just having a small problem...

I get the local weather, but I have to change the device-setting to poll for updated weather info.
    I have tried both the daily and the 5 days and tried to use "Homeys position" vs adding city,countrycode.
    Nothing seems to work for me.

Do I have to add a flow that poll the API or is it supposed to do it regulary in the background?

Thank you for a well needed app and keep up the good!

• anneanne Member
    @mpclDev that doesn't sound right. As soon as you create a device it will start to poll. It polls once when you add the device, and continues at an interval which depends on whether you added a current/5-day or 16-day 'device'.

Note that the data from the API is lagging (at least in the free plan), in the 'current' interval it may be lagging up to 3 hours. Furthermore, the API data is only updated every 30 minutes. This means that even though you poll it every minute, most of the time you will not get any new data anyway.

I suggest you start by waiting to see if new data appears, taking into account that it may not change for 30 minutes or more.
  • mpclDevmpclDev Member
    edited August 2018
    @Anne thank you for fast answer.
    I considered it having some form of lagging, but non of the devices updated for over 26 hours.
    I tried to reinstall the app and getting a new api-key, but it didn't work either.

Any suggestions? :smile:
  • anneanne Member
    Do you get any data at all? If you get data, the API key works. You can also test the API key as well as your location in your browser, see some earlier posts in the topic.

Are you using Homey's location or did you enter it yourself?
  • mpclDevmpclDev Member
    edited August 2018
    I tried both using Homeys location and writing a specific place (city/country). I get data in both cases. It just won't update the data. As I wrote in earlier post, I waited  for over 26 hours. 
  • anneanne Member
    So your insights-graphs only have the initial datapoints in them? I have no idea what the problem is.