This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed Official CommunityApp SDK2

[APP] Heimdall - Let Homey watch over your home.

1789101113»

Comments

• For now no questions, i only wanted to say; Danee big thank you for your marbelous work and effort!
  • _Marco__Marco_ Member
    edited August 2018
  • For now no questions, i only wanted to say; Danee big thank you for your marbelous work and effort!
    You're Welcome.
  • _Marco_ said:
    If someone writes an app for it and it has the right capabilities it should work with Heimdall instantly.
  • PhuturistPhuturist Member
    edited August 2018
    @DaneeDeKruyff
    I'd like to suggest a new feature, I'd like to see an API that returns the current alarm state and surveillance mode. I'd gladly submit a PR if you prefer this. Let me know.

[EDIT]
    It's just a few lines of code. I have submitted a PR in the repo.
  • @Phuturist Great! Can’t look at it right now, on holidays but will look at it when I get back. 
  • Phuturist said:
    @DaneeDeKruyff
    I'd like to suggest a new feature, I'd like to see an API that returns the current alarm state and surveillance mode. I'd gladly submit a PR if you prefer this. Let me know.

[EDIT]
    More out of interest, but what will you do with that endpoint?
  • vaderag said:
    Phuturist said:
    @DaneeDeKruyff

[EDIT]
    I'm creating an alarm dashboard on my Android smartphone (using Tasker, AutoRemote and KLWP).
  • Phuturist said:
    vaderag said:
    Phuturist said:
    @DaneeDeKruyff

[EDIT]
    I'm creating an alarm dashboard on my Android smartphone (using Tasker, AutoRemote and KLWP).
    Interesting! Would love a guide once you're done!
  • Hello guys,

I'm trying Heimdall for the first time and I think it's awesome! 

However, I'm not getting it working so far. It constantly says:  "Sensor: Beweging gedetecteerd, geen alarm trigger omdat er een vertraagde trigger actief is.

So in english, Movement detected but no alarm trigger as a delayed trigger is active.

But in the settings page of Heimdall, all delayed triggers are disabled. Anyone an idea?
  • Sorry for a little OT here but I am asking around and without luck so far for a professional to help me to setup my alarm flows using 2 iPhones at home so when no phones is home larm is triggered and when the first phone comes home larm goes off.

Together with that I need stronger signals / messages that just notifications. If I'm away and have a break in I will not wake up from a notice. The expert will also help me to suggest backup system etc.

First of all I have Xiaomi door/window sensors that I want to put on all doors and windows. After I have Xiaomi motion sensors I think can me needed too.

So I am happy to pay for a correct installation of my alarm flows and system and I keep playing with lamp, flower aquara flows etc. :)
  • Hello guys,

I'm trying Heimdall for the first time and I think it's awesome! 

However, I'm not getting it working so far. It constantly says:  "Sensor: Beweging gedetecteerd, geen alarm trigger omdat er een vertraagde trigger actief is.

So in english, Movement detected but no alarm trigger as a delayed trigger is active.

But in the settings page of Heimdall, all delayed triggers are disabled. Anyone an idea?
    Can you please provide a screenshot of your settings and the history? I’ve seen this behaviour once before and a removal and reinstall off the app fixed it but that was on a older version.

• Matsaki said:
    Sorry for a little OT here but I am asking around and without luck so far for a professional to help me to setup my alarm flows using 2 iPhones at home so when no phones is home larm is triggered and when the first phone comes home larm goes off.

Together with that I need stronger signals / messages that just notifications. If I'm away and have a break in I will not wake up from a notice. The expert will also help me to suggest backup system etc.

First of all I have Xiaomi door/window sensors that I want to put on all doors and windows. After I have Xiaomi motion sensors I think can me needed too.

So I am happy to pay for a correct installation of my alarm flows and system and I keep playing with lamp, flower aquara flows etc. :)
    Homey’s presence detection is a hit and miss for some users, seems to me it’s a miss for you so I suggest you create the Surveillance Mode device and use that with the Homey app on your phone to set the desired Surveillance Mode.

Also, as advised earlier, have a look at the Pushover app, that can deliver better and configurable notifications and a historic overview.

I also suggest to use the KISS method to set up Heimdall, it’s no rocket science: don’t start with all the bells an whistles you like. If you need an expert to set it up you’re expecting to much from Homey and Heimdall and will have no understanding of how (simple) it works and need support for every possible thing that will/can happen. In the long run it will cost you way more time.
  • MatthewXMatthewX Unconfirmed, Member
    I don't know if this is asked before, but I have a suggestion based on Ubiquiti's UniFi Video application I would love to see in Heimdall. Basically a visual presentation of motion (or any other trigger) on a floor plan.

The idea is that any motion, door/window, vibration sensor can be dragged and placed on their location on the map. Each sensor has a particular detection based on a object(door/window) or an area(motion). You can mark the object or area to highlight the range.

Green when there is no trigger/detection. And when there is a trigger the visual changes to red, after a couple seconds after no new trigger it gradually changes the hue to yellow and back to green.

This is great to instantly see and especially track movement in the building.
  • I need some help. How is the best /easiest way to setup the following:
    I want to create a zone (garden). when my alarm is activated or when it is between 0.00 and 6.00 o'clock and my outdoor motion sensor is triggerd that my gardenlights go in a kind of Alarm modus, blinking, 10 seconds on, 10 seconds of.
  • I assume your question is mostly about the blinking? What you could do is a flow that sets a countdown timer of 10s, turns on the light. When countdown reaches 0, turn off light and start another timer for 10s. When that reaches 0, turn on lights.

To break the loop, you could add a variable integer. Each time you turn off the lights, +1 on the integer. Then stop the loop when it reaches a certain value.
  • Trigger itself until the alarm is off?

Alarm -> trigger disco lights.
    Discolights has change, when alarm is on , lights on, 10sec later lights off, 10 second later trigger Discolights else do nothing.
  • Great input. settingup the blinking was the issue. Now I know how to configure this. Thanks
  • This topic will be closed and continued at the new Homey community forum: 
    https://community.athom.com/t/134

This discussion has been closed.