This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Homey does not execute flows

gudiksengudiksen Unconfirmed, Member
Hi
i have just recieved my Homey yesterday  and are trying på make a few simpel flows - but i can´t get it to work.
I am making a flow that uses the fibaro motion sensor and two Phillips Hue bulps - i want the light to turn on when there is motion - basic stuff right ?
The flow works fine when i press the test button, but when it is supposed to run for real nothing happens - so i am a bit confused. What can i have done wrong ?

In addition i have two Osram bulps which pairs with Homey as unknown zigbee device, rendering them useless. As far as i can see they should be supported - i have tried both versions of the app and reset the bulps but it it stille the same.
Any ideas as to what could be wrong ?

Comments

• ShiftyShifty Unconfirmed, Member
    Have you checked if the Fibaro sensor detects any motion? I had this problem in the beginning with Neo Coolcam motion sensor. There was an option to lit it up when detecting motion. Then I found out it does not detect motion twice within 20 sec.
  • gudiksen said:
    Hi
    i have just recieved my Homey yesterday  and are trying på make a few simpel flows - but i can´t get it to work.
    I am making a flow that uses the fibaro motion sensor and two Phillips Hue bulps - i want the light to turn on when there is motion - basic stuff right ?
    The flow works fine when i press the test button, but when it is supposed to run for real nothing happens - so i am a bit confused. What can i have done wrong ?

In addition i have two Osram bulps which pairs with Homey as unknown zigbee device, rendering them useless. As far as i can see they should be supported - i have tried both versions of the app and reset the bulps but it it stille the same.
    Any ideas as to what could be wrong ?
    Welcome, to world of Homey.

The test option, you could see as a replacment of your trigger. So when it works with the test button means that the "and" en "then" colum are working.

In the device card, du you see if you walk by the sensor that motion is registerd? and it Always help for Us to make a screenie of your flow.
  • gudiksengudiksen Unconfirmed, Member
    when i look at the sensor in the app on my phone it says that there is movement, however the light on the sensor does not light up as it used to used to do when motion was detected.
    Maybe i sholud remove it from Homey and pair it again - or is there an easyer way to reset it ?
  • gudiksen said:
    when i look at the sensor in the app on my phone it says that there is movement, however the light on the sensor does not light up as it used to used to do when motion was detected.
    Maybe i sholud remove it from Homey and pair it again - or is there an easyer way to reset it ?
    You could try to remove and pair it again. 

Can you post a screenshot of your flow?

• First go to your 'zones and devices' page and test there if movement on the Fibaro device is detected by Homey. 
    If movement detected the color will change.

edited August 2018
    the sensor shows motion.

But it seems that it dont stop sensing motion - the red colour on the indicator keeps flashing several minutes after motion is detected.
    I did not touch the default settings for the sensor.
    Update.
    I have removed the motion sensor from Homey - removed the Fibaro app ande reinstalled it all.
    After that the sensor worked twice - and is now back to dectecting motion all the time.

I have changed the trigger of the flow to my iphone connecting to my wifi - that works fine.

Maybe the sensor it self i broken somehow ?
  • The default settings are ok for normal use, but you can play around with them, just to see what happens if you like.
    With these default settings, you have a 'reset' time of 30 seconds. so just wonder about the fact that with the flow you made, the lights are still not working on movement, and the indicator stays activ more then 30 seconds.

Did you checked if you installed the correct motion sensor? There a two types in the app. 
    • FGMS-001, Motion Sensor
    • FGMS-001-PLUS, Motion Sensor (Z-Wave Plus)
    I have checked version, and tried both but no luck.

I have now given up and is returning the sensor.

Thanks for the help so far