This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

My house alarm starting with Xiaomi door sensors

MatsakiMatsaki Member
edited August 2018 in Questions & Help
First I need to say that I am really not familiar with Homey and flows yet. We are 2 people in the family and both with an iPhone paired with the Homey. My project is to start making an alarm for the house and I started with 1 Xiaomi door sensor and this is how I want it to work if possible:

1. When the last person (iPhone) is leaving the house I want the alarm to be triggered automatically with a notification "You alarm is now activated".
  2. If a door/window is open I wanted a notification saying "Oops x device is open" and then have the option "Do you want to leave it open YES/NO". This is not necessary but maybe I want to leave a window or back door open, but the rest armed. If it can't be done it's ok.
  3. Now if an sensor is activated I just get notifications and it's not all the time I can hear or see them. Is there a way to make a special sound on the phone if the alarm goes of?

I know I ask a lot but to start I just want the basics to work so the alarm is triggered when we both leave the house.

I attach what I tried so far but it doesn't work. The alarm is not triggered when we leave the house.

I don't mind to pay if somebody can help me to set it up via TeamViewer.

(I also have a Synology NAS but it's not paired with Homey if it changes anything or can be made through that?)

Comments

• DaneeDeKruyffDaneeDeKruyff Member
    edited August 2018
    I see you already use Heimdall, but not in the way it is designed. I suggest reading at least the opening post in the Heimdall topic.
    To get better messages, specific sounds and a history I suggest using the Pushover app
  • I see you already use Heimdall, but not in the way it is designed. I suggest reading at least the opening post in the Heimdall topic.
    To get better messages, specific sounds and a history I suggest using the Pushover app
    Thanks. Anyway I could pay for your help to set it up? I have so much work and other family issues now so even if I want to learn (which I will in the future) I want the alarm setup a.s.a.p.
  • If DaneeDeKruyff  Backer can't help me is there someone else out there that can? I will be traveling soon and would really like to setup the sensors etc. I have before I go to have some alarm on the house and feel a little more safe.

• Matsaki said:
    If DaneeDeKruyff  Backer can't help me is there someone else out there that can? I will be traveling soon and would really like to setup the sensors etc. I have before I go to have some alarm on the house and feel a little more safe.

Isn`t the most exiting part of Domotica, to learn and design your own setup?? with a bit help of the Forum/Slack.

Its a learning curve, every day you find out stuf got ideas and then try and error....en after sometime you got more and more well know with making flows ect. And then when someone comes over to your house, you be a proud person to tell them what you accomplished.

its a different feeling, when you have to tell them thats nice but someone else did it for you.
  • Oy1974 said:
    Matsaki said:
    If DaneeDeKruyff  Backer can't help me is there someone else out there that can? I will be traveling soon and would really like to setup the sensors etc. I have before I go to have some alarm on the house and feel a little more safe.

Isn`t the most exiting part of Domotica, to learn and design your own setup?? with a bit help of the Forum/Slack.

Its a learning curve, every day you find out stuf got ideas and then try and error....en after sometime you got more and more well know with making flows ect. And then when someone comes over to your house, you be a proud person to tell them what you accomplished.

its a different feeling, when you have to tell them thats nice but someone else did it for you.
    Read my second post.

"Thanks. Anyway I could pay for your help to set it up? I have so much work and other family issues now so even if I want to learn (which I will in the future) I want the alarm setup a.s.a.p."
  • MoekMoek Member
    edited August 2018
    I’m on holiday myself so support will be limited ;)
    Your first flow is setup that the alarm will only be armed if you left the house and left a window open. 
    So remove the contactalarm card in the “and” column and the heimdall app should ask you if the survailance should be armed.
  • MoekMoek Member
    Maybe you should also make a test flow:
    if last person left, then send a message “nobody is home”. 
    That way you know for sure homey detects when the last person has left. 
  • I was trying to do some reading and also found some misstakes. Can i disable a flow? I would like to disable my current alarm flows and start over testing what Moek  Backer suggests. I would mind if you could give some more hints how to make my first test flow :) 

Another strange thing is that I added a second Xiaomi door sensor and immediately even if it's not included in any flow or in Heimdall it gives is working exactly as the Bedroom Window sensor triggers alarm and sends same push notification?!? (The new sensor does not have the same name)

Ps. I am still looking for a pro that can do the setup 100% correctly. Is there any other place where Homey professionals sell their services? Ds.
  • MoekMoek Member
    @Matsaki
    You can disable a flow by rightclicking it in the floweditor and select disable. 

Your second motion sensor is working the same as your first sensor because in your flow you use the global “a sensor” card without defining a zone. Any motion sensor you add will respond to your flow unless you add a “is exactly” condition card in the AND column. You can use either homeys own logic cards or the better logic app for this.
    Drag the zone tag from the IF column on to the “is exactly” card and define the zone your sensor is in (i.e entrance, hallway etc). 
    https://www.athom.com/nl/support/KB000007/

As for your alarm setup, you really should read the heimdall thread (top to bottom) as I think it will make everything clear as to how you should use the app in flows. 
    Also the settings page of the heimdall app has a “how to use” section. 

I think if you give yourself an hour, read the thread and maybe even watch some videos on the supportpage, the penny will drop and you’ll be up and running in no time. 
    Good luck!
  • I tried but don't get any notifications and am afraid Im not eve close :( 
  • MoekMoek Member
    Nope, not even close :wink:
    change your first flow to resemble the screen grab and delete your third flow. 
    Now you only have to make a new flow like:
    IF survaillance is armed, THEN send push notification “survaillance is armed”
    And again, read the settingspage of the heimdall app on  homeys settings page.  It’s all there :wink:
  • Ok thanks. But I can't really figure out Heimdall yet as I have 2 Xiaomi door sensors with different names and zones. One in bed room and one in living room. So in short, can I only add zones and not unique sensors and how do I add them in Heimdall?

I am thinking to delete Heimdall and Smart Precense to start all over again as it might all be in a mess now.
  • MoekMoek Member
    I guess this is all the help I can give you from my current location without a laptop. 
    You could off course delete the heimdall app but I’m not seeing how you could accomplish what you are trying to achieve with smart presence. Smart presence has the same functionality as homey’s own presence detection, detect if you are home or not. That’s it. 
    Anyway good luck with setting things up.
    And sorry if I sound like a broken record but, read the instruction page of the heimdall app. It tells you step by step what you need to get a working alarm setup. 
  • MatsakiMatsaki Member
    edited August 2018
    Sorry if I seem ignorant but I really mean what I say when I have family problems and really not feel to do anything than my absolute musts and take care of my family now. Therefore I also sound like a broken record that in this case I am looking for an expert to help me hands on.

But respect and thanks to you Moek trying to help.

I followed your image with description and this is what it looks like now.

I didn't have a chance to try it really yet as it's late here. But is this supposed to activate the alarm when the last iPhones leaves from home and will it disarm when the first phone comes back? I can see now when making a test that I get a notification that I "You have an window or door open" and I have to say Yes or No. So does that also mean I can chose to leave something opened as I wanted?

When restarting Homey also the other sensor showed up in Heimdall  :) 
  • MoekMoek Member
    You don’t seem ignorant @Matsaki and I’m a family man myself so I understand where you’re coming from ?. 
    I just think that you should start out basic and build on that. 
    That’s why I think you should first follow the basic flows on the instruction page of the heimdall app. 
    Also, for now, skip the open window part and just make sure it’s closed when you leave the house. 
    It will make understanding how flows work much easier. 

Concerning your current flows. 
    I would first delete both cards in the AND colomn because that’s where things start to go wrong. You’re using the cards the wrong way. The way it is now is that 2 persons have to confirm that a window is open to let the flow be executed and arm the survailance. 
    If one of you don’t respond to the message the flow stops. If one says yes and the other one says no the flow stops. And if you both say no it also stops. 
    And an open window shouldn’t be a condition for arming survailance in the first place ?
    What you want is that the flow asks you (or your wife) if you want to activate the survailance:
    IF last person left
    AND confirmation card send to your phone “do you want to activate survailance”
    OR confirmation card to your wife’s phone “do you want to activate survailance”
    THEN activate survailance. 

You can expand the OR column by clicking at the bottom of the AND column. 

The second flow is almost ok. 
    It should be:
    IF alarm is activated
    AND confirmation card send to your phone “do you want to cancel the alarm”
    OR confirmation card send to your wife’s phone “do you want to cancel the alarm”
    THEN deactivate alarm. 

Note that alarm is not the same as survailance. 
    The alarm gets activated when survailance is armed and a sensor gets activated. 

To have survailance set to disarmed when someone arrives home you would do as follows:
    IF first person enters home
    THEN disarm survailance. 

Hope this helps and good luck with the family!

• I did the following changes. The problem now is that for some reson Homey keeps sending "Armin Charged"
  • MoekMoek Member
    Do you only have the homey v2 app installed? You have to install the original app too. Presence detection isn’t supported yet on v2. Sorry, should have mentioned that earlier...
    https://itunes.apple.com/nl/app/homey-by-athom/id1106492815?l=en&mt=8
    But hey, at least something’s happening now right? :wink:
  • Moek said:
    Do you only have the homey v2 app installed? You have to install the original app too. Presence detection isn’t supported yet on v2. Sorry, should have mentioned that earlier...
    https://itunes.apple.com/nl/app/homey-by-athom/id1106492815?l=en&mt=8
    But hey, at least something’s happening now right? :wink:

Aouch that was news to me? Anyway, I installed the official app. but the notifications keps coming.
  • MoekMoek Member
     Not so bad to have both apps installed is it? Just use v2 for everything. V1 is just there for presence. I guess your notifications come from some old flow which is not disabled?
  • I make my flows on desktop client and always have.
  • MoekMoek Member
    Yes me too and my guess is everyone else is too ?. I was talking about “manually” switching a light or start a light preset for instance with the app.
  • Never mind Moeck. This is taking to much of my time, and also yours. I will use Homey for simpler tasks. Thanks anyway.