This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Setup problem

DamiannkiDamiannki Unconfirmed, Member

I just got my Homey today and first of all, all the metal balls on that serves up as foot for it are not attached to device itself. Aside from that, I started the setup process and it took a while to perform the update, so I went outside for an hour, when I got back it was asking for the athom account, I tried then to create a new one, but got an error about lossing the connection, I reloaded the page and the setup process was back at the start. It was asking me to connect to homey’s wifi, but I couldn’t since the device was already connected to my network. Then, I tried to unplug homey to start the process again and now, after a lot of yellow circling lights, I get a steady red light. I can’t start the device on normal possition or upside down, what should I do?

Kind regards

Comments

• Not a good start :o 

take a look a this, you could try this https://www.athom.com/nl/support/KB000026/ 

have fun with your new toy
  • DamiannkiDamiannki Unconfirmed, Member
    Thanks for the quick answer :) yesterday I tried to do that but the Homey doesn’t start correctly so I couldn’t do it :/ It goes directly to the red light after a minute and a half
  • Damiannki said:
    Thanks for the quick answer :) yesterday I tried to do that but the Homey doesn’t start correctly so I couldn’t do it :/ It goes directly to the red light after a minute and a half
    hmmz then is suggest you take a direct contact with athom at support@athom.com.

Or maybe @Bram is reading along in the weekend
  • DamiannkiDamiannki Unconfirmed, Member
    Yeah, the mail was the first thing I’ve tried... but they won’t answer until monday or thursday 
  • Had those same problems here also. When my homey was deliverd at home, one of the balls was not attached to the Homey. But some strong glue did the job.   :(
    The steady red led ring is a known issue for me too. It happens ones or twice a year here after a power loss. Probadly something with re-booting the device is going wrong then.  Recovery mode is not possible if the red led is working. After some seven or eight times pulling the power plug, my Homey re-start finally again, and works then fine.