This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Fibaro

Fibaro app timer bug?

RdWRdW Member
in my opinion there is a bug in the fibaro app regarding the dimmer v2.

I’ve installed a dimmer v2 connected to a pushbutton in my hallway. In the device settings i set the automatic switch off timer to 0 (off).

then i created a flow that when the doorbell is pressed, the hallway lights switch on after afternoon golden hour and automatic switches off after 300 seconds.

is looks like if the flowcard “switch off” contains a delay, this value (in my case 300 sec) is automaticly stored in the device settings. 

This creates an undesired situation that not only the lights switch off after 300 sec when the doorbell has been pressed, but aswel when the lights have been turned on with the regular push button. 

Offcourse i can reset the value in the device settings after i created a flow but this should not happen in my opinion.
agree? Or should i look at this different? 
Tagged:

Comments

• If you found a possible bug, please first take a look on github if the possible bug already is repported, if so share your 
    experience there.

If there is non reported isseu or you cant find it, possible because there already 600+ make your own bug report...

https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues 

As you should have read in the welcome post, bug needed to be reported there.. athom isnt reading here eccept Bram.

Ofcourse Always good to share the info here on the forum.
  • RdW said:
    in my opinion there is a bug in the fibaro app regarding the dimmer v2.

I’ve installed a dimmer v2 connected to a pushbutton in my hallway. In the device settings i set the automatic switch off timer to 0 (off).

then i created a flow that when the doorbell is pressed, the hallway lights switch on after afternoon golden hour and automatic switches off after 300 seconds.

is looks like if the flowcard “switch off” contains a delay, this value (in my case 300 sec) is automaticly stored in the device settings. 

This creates an undesired situation that not only the lights switch off after 300 sec when the doorbell has been pressed, but aswel when the lights have been turned on with the regular push button. 

Offcourse i can reset the value in the device settings after i created a flow but this should not happen in my opinion.
    agree? Or should i look at this different? 
    I don’t understand the issue you described (extensively). Can you illustatrate it with the flow card in question / flows used?
  • RdWRdW Member
    Hi @TedTolboom

i already figured out the problem, which is my own error.
    in my flow in used the " set automated switch off" card to create a delayed (300 sec) swich off.

this caused for this parameter (see sceenshot) to be altered.

i didn't expect that a flowcard would change a device setting which in this case caused the light to switch off even when i manually turned the light on.

After deleting the originally used card and setting a 300 sec delay in the "switch off" card everything operates correctly.
  • RdW said:
    Hi @TedTolboom

i already figured out the problem, which is my own error.
    in my flow in used the " set automated switch off" card to create a delayed (300 sec) swich off.

this caused for this parameter (see sceenshot) to be altered.

i didn't expect that a flowcard would change a device setting which in this case caused the light to switch off even when i manually turned the light on.

After deleting the originally used card and setting a 300 sec delay in the "switch off" card everything operates correctly.
    Good that you figured it out by yourself! ??

The use case for this flow card it to be able to change the behavior of the dimmer-2 throughout the day... so during daylight the lights (e.g. in a corridor) might not be switched of and during night time they will be switched off after 15 minutes...