This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
GH

Connect Google home to homey?

123457»

Comments

• ericr90ericr90 Member
    @Jon Somehow the blue icon you mention isn't visible for me. However, yesterday I removed all appdata from the 'Google' app, and disabled and re-enabled the app. After that I was able to open the 'Explore' page via the settings menu. Before this page just didn't open.

Followed the steps you documented to unlink en link the Homey account, and it seems to be working now!
  • rowgeerowgee Member
    Hi All,

For some months I also experiencing the same problems as you all decribed, not able to connect to Homey via Google Home anymore.  I have also tried the proposed solution that you wrote in the forum, but with no luck.

It is a known problem at Google Home:

I am in close contact with Athom Homey Support and with Google  Home support.
    Junnel from the Google home support team really tries to help me to solve the problem and updates me on the progress.
    Google Home support tells me that the cause of the problem lies at Google Home and not at Athom Homey. The Google Home developpers team is already on it and are trying to fix it.  They could not give me a  deadline date or time estimation on when they have solved it. Until then we have to wait for Google Home team to fix it.

What I would like to ask you all, is that you also register your incidents about your GH and Homey  connection problems to Google Home at support https://support.google.com/googlehome/contactflow?hl=en
    Because the more incidents they recieve from customers, like us, about it, then they are aware that this is a serious problem and they are then more reluctant to speed up the process to fix it.

Please do so, it can help us all! Thank you in advance.
  • Any news on this matter ?

I want to buy a Google Home Mini or an Alexa but I want to be sure it's an improvement ...

• JaapPeltJaapPelt Member
    edited July 2018
    Greetings,
    I contacted Google as well and I think I made some progress.

Via the google assistant app:
    - Click on the little compass in the top right corner
    - Search for Homey
    - Scroll down to the bottom
    - under Account Linking: press Unlink.
    - under Account Linking: press Link
    The Homey login should appear.

After logging in, Google Home was able to connect to Homey, but Homey gave the error: "Unfortunatly an unknown error has occurred, please try again".

The next thing I did was to reset the app (located underneath the Link/Unlink section).
    When I asked Homey via google for the time, I got the message "Homey got your message but didn't respond"
    But when I asked Homey to turn on all the lights, I got a confirmation question and the lights went on.

So, it seems like it works again for me.

Edit: updated post with results from account reset.
  • Hello guys,

I have seen that Google assistent is launched for the Netherlands?? Is it allready possible to use it in Dutch with Homey?

• I have seen that Google assistent is launched for the Netherlands?? Is it allready possible to use it in Dutch with Homey?
    That's actually a really good question and I'd like to try it out.
    Please send me a PM if I don't post the results by Monday so I won't forget.
  • gijsjegijsje Member
    You can not use any home control commands yet only normal google questions
  • JaapPeltJaapPelt Member
    edited July 2018
    gijsje said:
    You can not use any home control commands yet only normal google questions
    I just added a few custom routines to google home. 

Now I can ask: "Ok google, turn on the ventilation"
    And google home will do: Ask homey to turn on the ventilation.

However, asking for the "indoor temperature" is reserved by Google Home for thermostats, so the custom routine to direct this question to Homey does not work. Instead, created a routine to "report the indoor status". Which currently gives the average indoor temperature as provided by Homey.

Edit: The "report" keyword might sound a bit un-intuitive, but it is very easy to recognize by google home and if you use it for all your custom routines for homey, it becomes intuitive.
  • gijsjegijsje Member
    google home is not yet in dutch only google assistant
    I just ifttt to control my home works great
  • gijsje said:
    google home is not yet in dutch only google assistant
    I just ifttt to control my home works great
    But also only English right? Google assistant is availible in Dutch now, but when I try to add a card in ifttt for google Asistant I cannot select Dutch.
  • gijsjegijsje Member
    as i did say before google assistant in dutch can only answer questions and not do any home control.
    If you want home control you still need english and wait until some time in December
  • gijsje said:
    as i did say before google assistant in dutch can only answer questions and not do any home control.
    If you want home control you still need english and wait until some time in December
    Yes, but what I am trying to do is this: 

IFTTT trigger: Google assistent; turn on the kitchen light.
    IFTTT Action: Trigger a Homey flow.

But it is not working. Not in English, nog in Dutch.
  • gijsjegijsje Member
    I have no problems with it

• gijsje said:
    I have no problems with it

Is your phone also in English? My phone is in Dutch. 

When I configure it as you have done my phone goes to internet and look for searchresults but ifttt is doing nothing and nothing get triggered.
  • gijsjegijsje Member
    edited July 2018
    i use my desktop computer for this https://ifttt.com/
  • Hey guys I'm from Belgium and can not install the assistant app... I have the same problem where I cannot link my homey to google assistant. My screen dims for a second but nothing happens. Any idea what i could try?

Thanks
  • Joske522 said:
    Hey guys I'm from Belgium and can not install the assistant app... I have the same problem where I cannot link my homey to google assistant. My screen dims for a second but nothing happens. Any idea what i could try?

Thanks
    I have been in contact with google, and there is a bug. So There are multiple issues connecting and the dimming is known to google. Hopefully it will be fixed soon. 
  • Looking at the latest behind the magic July 2016 blog and I saw this

"Google Assistant is now available in Dutch, and as a company based in The Netherlands we are of course going to support this. We’ll add Google Assistant Smart Home capabilities as well in the same update. This will most likely happen during the period Homey v2.0 is between bèta and stable."

But i guess we will still have to say "Tell homey to...."  or use routines?