This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Nexus NX1000 One Touch Scene controller

hdevr000hdevr000 Member
edited August 2018 in Devices
Hi all,

I am trying to find a nice scene controller for Homey but in my opinion most Zwave/Zigbee controllers are either ugly or don't have enough buttons. I found this device online, the Nexia One Touch NX1000. It's battery powered, has a led screen and in theory you can name the buttons how you like it. 15 buttons available. On some sites it gets advertised as compatible with any Z-wave controller but so far it only seems to work with their own Nexia hub/controller. I purchased the device from the USA and it looks quite good. However Homey can't find the device and hence it's uselss. It's the only Scene controller which really looks fancy so I was wondering, how can we get this device to work? Pics:

Comments

• Hi @hdevr000

For a Z-wave scene controller you will need to create a dedicated app that is able to create the flow card triggers based on the Scene notifications send by the device...

Does the Nexus support only a single click or multiple clicks per button?

You could use the app and driver of one of the ugly Z-wave scene controllers as starting point... e.g. the Remotec Scene Master or the Hank Scene controller(s)
  • RocodamelsheRocodamelshe Member
    edited August 2018
    Is the zwave frequency of ur device working in Europe?
  • Is the zwave frequency of ur device working in Europe?
    Good remark @Rocodamelshe

Typically a US originating Z-wave device will be operating at a US Z-wave frequency:
    Z-Wave uses the Part 15 unlicensed industrial, scientific, and medical (ISM) band. It operates at 868.42 MHz in Europe, at 908.42 MHz in the North America and uses other frequencies in other countries depending on their regulations.

This should be visible on the device or it’s packaging

• Oh, RF = 908,4 Mhz. I am not a techie but I thought a protocal like Z-wave plus would be a standard :(
  • Is there not a converter which you can plugin without using a USB stick in a computer?

• I’m not sure if it (changing frequency) is firmware upgrade able... for Homey it is...

but the Nexus is also a US form factor device... so I don’t know if they even have a EU FW at all...

I guess you could contact Nexus to ask..
  • Will ask! In my eyes it's the best looking scene controller because you can adjust the names of the scnes and it has 15 secene options. Anybody interested iun this devoce or somebody else found another option that has the same specs and does work on Z-wave Europe frequency?