This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Electric ball water valve

2»

Comments

• k1sk1s Member
    So according to the diagram... q1 to 'Blue (3)', Q2 to 'Brown (4)', neutral to 'Color N(2)', and N on the fibaro, and live to L on the fibaro?
  • k1s said:
    So according to the diagram... q1 to 'Blue (3)', Q2 to 'Brown (4)', neutral to 'Color N(2)', and N on the fibaro, and live to L on the fibaro?
    thats correct
  • k1sk1s Member
    Are you using a flow or just flipping switches in the homey GUI/app?

I'm guessing you need to switch Q2 on at the same time as switching Q1 off to properly achieve a 'close' command, and vice versa for an 'open'.
  • fke1964fke1964 Member
    edited July 2018
    k1s said:
    Are you using a flow or just flipping switches in the homey GUI/app?

I'm guessing you need to switch Q2 on at the same time as switching Q1 off to properly achieve a 'close' command, and vice versa for an 'open'.
    i am indeed using the switch in the homey app (dash )

• fke1964fke1964 Member
    edited July 2018

• k1sk1s Member
    edited July 2018
    I can't see properly your last 2 posts. Did you switch one on and one off at the same? Or just Q1 on and then  Q2?
  • k1s said:
    I can't see properly your keyl 2 posts. Did you switch one on and one off at the same? Or just Q1 on and then  Q2?
    I am not exactly sure What you mean but this is the switch i use
  • k1sk1s Member
    I don't recognise the screenshot, but what I mean is this...

As I understand it, your valve is designed to have a thermostat operate it as if it is a toggle switch, wherein the live signal is flipped between the cables labelled 3 & 4 in the diagram. The Fibaro module can send power on terminals Q1 and Q2, but does toggle each automatically...

As far as I know, you need to get it to make Q2 live and turn off Q1 to effectively flip the toggle one way, and then make it make Q1 live and Q2 off to flip the toggle the other way.

i.e. I think you cannot simply switch Q1 to on/ live and then toggle it only by switching Q2 on. To toggle it, you also need to switch off Q1 (otherwise power would be sent through both terminals at once, which I guess is why it's not operating as expected)

• fke1964 said:
    I found the solution! First i tried to figure out what the switch does. Therefore i connected 2 light bulbs. The first thing i saw was both light burning at the same time. Woaah thats not allowed so i am lucky that the valve is still oke. In homey i only saw 1 switch so i removed the switch and included again. Now i see 2 switches and i was able to make a simple flow. Shut down switch 1 and open 2 with a delay of 5 seconds. works like a charm now! Thanks for your help again.

greetz Frans

• Nice the way you debugged that 

Slightly off-topic, but related to S1/S2 (I use a FGS-222) not being switched ON at the same time.

I have a gas heater that has an UP and DOWN remote. I can't press UP and DOWN at the same time. In the ON state, it connects  +5 volt to a connector of the heater. In the OFF state it puts -5 volts on that same pin. The FGS-222 is potential free, so I can connect a DC source to it, but than I have the +5 volt.. Would I need an extra DC souce and relay for the -5v?

Noob in electronics here!