This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed Official Z-Wave SDK2

[APP] Remotec Technology app (v2.2.0)

13»

Comments

• we are now a few weeks further and have not found any update anywhere.

Is there any news on this?
  • limkopi78limkopi78 Member
    edited February 2018
    Hi guys,

I forked Ted's repo and modified the ZXT120 to support only temperature and mode. Couldn't get the fan speed working. I'm also using less UI compared to Ted's. 

At least you can change temperature and AC mode for now on ZXT 120. Please use the SDK2 branch.

https://github.com/AutomateAsia/hk.com.remotec

Have not worked on the flow cards but I hope this helps. 
  • limkopi78 said:
    Hi guys,

I forked Ted's repo and modified the ZXT120 to support only temperature and mode. Couldn't get the fan speed working. I'm also using less UI compared to Ted's. 

At least you can change temperature and AC mode for now on ZXT 120. Please use the SDK2 branch.

https://github.com/AutomateAsia/hk.com.remotec

Have not worked on the flow cards but I hope this helps. 
    Thanks for the effort @limkopi78; much appreciated.
    I'll merge the PR during this weekend into the main repo.

I might make one (minor) change, to add an empty fan_mode capability...
    so once this issue is fixed, it will be a driver update and no re-inclusion is required. But let's discuss on Slack.
  • @B3rt @danone
    I've merged the pull request of @limkopi78 into the Remotec repository - development branch:
    https://github.com/TedTolboom/hk.com.remotec/tree/development

Can you test this version? And provide feedback?
  • B3rtB3rt Member
    @TedTolboom i cannot test i am still waiting until the driver is first released before i gonna purchase the remotec device.
    I had allready several zwave products in the past which did not work with homey and the driver release took a long time and i not working devices, to prevent this i wait until there is a driver before i purchase the product.
  • TedTolboomTedTolboom Member
    edited March 2018
    v2.1.0 has been uploaded to the app store for approval, fixing app crash and adding initial support for the ZXT-120:
    v2.1.0
    * Add initial support for the ZXT-120 Z-Wave-to-AC IR Extender (temperature and mode control)
    fix:
    * Fix issue where the battery alarm condition card cause the app to crash (flow rebuilding required)
    update:
    * Update Homey meshdriver to 1.2.8* Add link to Homey community forum topic
  • JaxcJaxc Member
    When trying to adjust the wakeup time for the scene master, the save button fades out? Or is 0 normal and does the unit always go to energy save mode?? Battery went from 60% to 30% in 3 days.....

• When trying to adjust the wakeup time for the scene master, the save button fades out? Or is 0 normal and does the unit always go to energy save mode?? Battery went from 60% to 30% in 3 days.....
    The wake up interval setting and range of a Z-wave device is retrieved by Homey during inclusion.

The wake-up interval of the Scene Master is set to 0 by default and does not support other values, hence the inability to save any other value. So yes, the Scene Master is in sleeping state until a button is pressed, at which it will report the button press as well as the battery value...

I don’t have an explanation of you sudden battery drop.
  • MiteZZMiteZZ Member
    Hello guys,

is there anyone who has a problem with adding the SceneMaster to homey? When I want to add the device homey start to search for a usable app but then nothing else happens. I have to abort the setup and after this the device is not in my list. When I want to add it again homey says that the device is already paired.. 

• MiteZZ said:
    Hello guys,

is there anyone who has a problem with adding the SceneMaster to homey? When I want to add the device homey start to search for a usable app but then nothing else happens. I have to abort the setup and after this the device is not in my list. When I want to add it again homey says that the device is already paired.. 
    @MiteZZ see my comment on the GitHub issue: https://github.com/TedTolboom/hk.com.remotec/issues/13#issuecomment-386905382
  • i have the Remotec ZXT-120EU AC Extender witch works great. 

feature request: could you maybe add an "and" card? like "and AC is turned *status*" 
  • matrover said:
    i have the Remotec ZXT-120EU AC Extender witch works great. 

feature request: could you maybe add an "and" card? like "and AC is turned *status*" 
    Hi @matrover thanks for the feedback; credits go to @limkopi78 for adding support for this device.

Can you provide an example how you plan to use this AND card, to understand the logic?
  • matrovermatrover Member
    edited May 2018
    matrover said:
    i have the Remotec ZXT-120EU AC Extender witch works great. 

Hi @matrover thanks for the feedback; credits go to @limkopi78 for adding support for this device.

Can you provide an example how you plan to use this AND card, to understand the logic?
    Hi @TedTolboom, yes i can. i have an flow that i use for alerting me when there is to much energy consumption when im away (i maybe left on some things). but now that i have the remotetec i turn on the AC before i get home so everything is at an nice temprature when i arrive. but this energy flow gives me an alert on my mobile phone that the consumption is to high because i turned on the AC. 
    the AND card can be useful, like this: 

WHEN: energy level has changed 
    AND: enegry level is above X 
    AND: AC is status is not Cool 
    THEN: send a message 

• toonvostoonvos Member
    edited May 2018
      :s
  • @toonvos anything we can help / comfort you with?
  • Hi there developer / community,

I found myself to have a small issue: the indoor unit of our split type airco is not listed on the Remotec list of supported devices. The brand is "Impulzz" which by it self is not to be found on the internet, so my guess is that a larger company sells the air conditioner units as a white brand to other companies and they in turn put their label on the units.

A search on internet on the model name does not help, but I found a clue by searching on the remote control model name (hyk-07) that the manufacturer is Hualing. The 5 codes that the Remotec list provide for this brand do work (the inverter is reacting on some of the commands) but not correct. For example "cool" will not work for all the codes, while another code won't let the "fan only" mode start. Just these two must work together in my preferred setup.

So my question to you is: Does any one know the code to work with an Impulzz inverter?
    Or can explain me how to start and complete the learning procedure for the Remotec ZXT 120 (i can't seem to figure out how to send the Z-wave parameters from Homey to the IR blaster.)?

Many thanks in advance for the effort.
  • Oy1974Oy1974 Member
    Hi there developer / community,

I found myself to have a small issue: the indoor unit of our split type airco is not listed on the Remotec list of supported devices. The brand is "Impulzz" which by it self is not to be found on the internet, so my guess is that a larger company sells the air conditioner units as a white brand to other companies and they in turn put their label on the units.

A search on internet on the model name does not help, but I found a clue by searching on the remote control model name (hyk-07) that the manufacturer is Hualing. The 5 codes that the Remotec list provide for this brand do work (the inverter is reacting on some of the commands) but not correct. For example "cool" will not work for all the codes, while another code won't let the "fan only" mode start. Just these two must work together in my preferred setup.

So my question to you is: Does any one know the code to work with an Impulzz inverter?
    Or can explain me how to start and complete the learning procedure for the Remotec ZXT 120 (i can't seem to figure out how to send the Z-wave parameters from Homey to the IR blaster.)?

Many thanks in advance for the effort.
    I guess there is no need to put the same question in 2 different topics right?
  • I agree. I thought I deleted it already. My apologies.  I will delete the other one if possible. 
  • muatvmmuatvm Member
    Hi, since zxt 120 and zxt 600 should be quite simmilar, would it be possible to add at least basic support for zxt 600? For example just to turn ac on/off.
    Thanks
  • @muatvm initial support for the ZXT-600 is available in the development branch at GitHub: https://github.com/TedTolboom/hk.com.remotec/tree/development?files=1
    which should support On-Off, temperature reading, set mode and fan mode... temperature setpoint will need some further improvements...

We’re currently finalizing the ZXT-120 driver; and fixing some bugs in the temperature setpoints. 
    It will require some additional testing after my holidays before it can be released to the App Store. The ZXT-600 driver will be updated accordingly in the same update..
  • Great news. Enjoy your holiday. 
  • I implemented the ZXT-120 for steering my airco of Samsung. I tried every code in the list of Remotec but I cannot get the Samsung AC to cool. It reacts on commands but it only ventilates and doesn't cool.
    Any ideas to cure this?
  • toonvos said:
    I implemented the ZXT-120 for steering my airco of Samsung. I tried every code in the list of Remotec but I cannot get the Samsung AC to cool. It reacts on commands but it only ventilates and doesn't cool.
    Any ideas to cure this?
    Will be fixed with the next app update (being tested right now)...
  • TedTolboomTedTolboom Member
    edited August 2018
    I've just uploaded v2.2.0 of the Remotec app to the app store; waiting for Athom's approval to publish this update.

In this update, with the help of @limkopi78 and being tested by @hnrk and @toonvranken, I have completely re-written, debugged and tested the ZXT-120 driver and used this as basis for the ZXT-600 introduction.

With this update, both devices will be fully supported:
    • Temperature measurement
    • Thermostat Mode
    • Thermostat Target Temperature (setpoint)
    • Thermostat Fan Speed Mode
    • Thermostat Fan Swing Mode
    • Thermostat On-Off
    • Battery capabilities (measure and alarm)
    For people that already were using the Remotec ZXT-120: I strongly advise to re-include the device based on this update.

Detailed change log:
    v2.2.0
    * Add full support for ZXT-600
    * Extended ZXT-120 implementation to full support (all options, including fan mode)
    * Major update for ZXT-120 driver / settings / polling intervals: re-inclusion of ZXT-120 is advised
    * Add flow action cards supporting to set the Thermostat Mode, 
       specific (mode based) Thermostat setpoints, Fan Speed Mode and Fan Swing mode
    fix
    * Unable to set setpoint in cooling mode (issue #20)
    update:
    * Homey meshdriver to 1.2.23
  • v2.2.0 is available in the app store right now
  • Hi

Great work on the Remotec App, but I have two issues with the ZXT-120.

1)
    Prior to App update I was able to read measured temperature both on the Homey desktop program and on the Homey ios App. After update (I re-included) temperature is not shown. Moving the slider reveals a thermometer symbol, but no value is shown.

2)
    I depend on learning mode as my heatpump is not listed (HYUNDAI GWHD12B2NK3AB/I split Aircon/Heatpump). In fact, no Hyundai units are listed! The device manual says first to go to parameter "27" and set it to "000" . Parameter 27 is the same parameter used for selecting unit make and model, or "IR Code Number" in your device App, parameter 28 corresponds with IR transmission level, parameter 32 corresponds with IR emitter enable/disable and parameter 33 correspond to SWING. So I am able to set parameter 27 to "000". But in the next step the device manual tells me to set parameter "25" to a number corresponding with the IR Learning Map Table in the same manual.
    - How do I select parameter 25 from your App?
    - Or alternatively, how do I manipulate raw parameter? I see there is a list of id, size, value; id, size, value; ...
    These are sets of three numbers, how does this correspond to the parameter table which only contains two number, Parameter Number and Parameter Value?

Kindly
    Frode, Norway
  • Hi

Great work on the Remotec App, but I have two issues with the ZXT-120.

1)
    Prior to App update I was able to read measured temperature both on the Homey desktop program and on the Homey ios App. After update (I re-included) temperature is not shown. Moving the slider reveals a thermometer symbol, but no value is shown.

The ZXT-120 reports back it's battery state and temperature reading upon all received commands... Are you sure that the ZXT-120 is within range of Homey / is able to use the meshnetwork to connect to Homey?
    2)
    I depend on learning mode as my heatpump is not listed (HYUNDAI GWHD12B2NK3AB/I split Aircon/Heatpump). In fact, no Hyundai units are listed! The device manual says first to go to parameter "27" and set it to "000" . Parameter 27 is the same parameter used for selecting unit make and model, or "IR Code Number" in your device App, parameter 28 corresponds with IR transmission level, parameter 32 corresponds with IR emitter enable/disable and parameter 33 correspond to SWING. So I am able to set parameter 27 to "000". But in the next step the device manual tells me to set parameter "25" to a number corresponding with the IR Learning Map Table in the same manual.
    - How do I select parameter 25 from your App?
    Well during the driver re-write I wondered how many users would need to manually set the IR codes...
    If within 2 days, your question pops up... I'll implement a better solution, but I'll need to do some work on that one..
    - Or alternatively, how do I manipulate raw parameter? I see there is a list of id, size, value; id, size, value; ...
    These are sets of three numbers, how does this correspond to the parameter table which only contains two number, Parameter Number and Parameter Value?
    Luckily, I'm in contact with Remotec development and have received the extended Z-wave implementation guide...
    You are able to use the RAW configuration parameters to learn the different commands.
    As advised, first set `IR Code number` (parameter 27) to Zero and save settings.
    When you go through the steps as mentioned in the manual, in step 3, add

as RAW configuration parameter to learn the OFF command and press save.
    When you start programming the next command, change the value to the parameter value as shown in the table above.

That should make it possible to learn all commands. Let me know if this is working ok.

In the next update, I'll add a dropdown box for all these commands.

• cortinamancortinaman Member
    edited August 2018
    Thank you, much appreciated.

Quick question about the RAW parameters 25, 1, 0:
    25 is obviously parameter 25 and 0 is the placeholder for the OFF command, what does the middle number 1 do? Shall I use the same syntax for the remaining commands as well (25, 1, 1 for ON and 25, 1, 2 for 19 cool etc. )?

PS
    Temperature reading: The device is only 3m away, but it was in another room when I re-included it. I will look into the connection and maybe re-include again.

Thanks, 
    Frode
  • Thank you, much appreciated.

Quick question about the RAW parameters 25, 1, 0:
    25 is obviously parameter 25 and 0 is the placeholder for the OFF command, what does the middle number 1 do? Shall I use the same syntax for the remaining commands as well (25, 1, 1 for ON and 25, 1, 2 for 19 cool etc. )?
    100% correct.
    The middle number 1 defines the size of the value; in this case 1 Byte... The value will be converted by Homey into a 1 Byte HEX value, before communicating it to the ZXT-120
  • This topic will be closed and continued at the new Homey community forum: 
    https://community.athom.com/t/155
This discussion has been closed.