This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Marantz App (control networked Marantz/Denon AVR's over IP)

2»

Comments

• I didn't know the above documents/projects yet. My Marantz app uses only the port 23 connection, not the HTTP connection right now. Denon/Marantz have published Excel sheets with the appropriate commands for many of their AVRs. 
  • Hi Marco,
    ive used your app for some months now, and it used to work perfect. last week i started making new flows again, and noticed the "change volume"  function does not do anything anymore. all other functions do work perfectly. maybe something's wrong with the latest updates?
  • Hi Marco,

My Denon 2313 does respond for quit some time now. But when I try to change the input like CD or DVD, it doesn't change. Could this be due to some development lately or just ins't supported?

• It still works for me. There's a few things that can go wrong even if it worked before. The ones I would guess are the most common: 1) the IP address of the Marantz has changed but you haven't updated it in Homey (use the settings wrench in the devices view) 2) some other program is occupying the network interface or you're sending multiple commands too quickly after each other. 
    If only the change input stopped working, does this apply to all input names?
  • Version 1.0.0 is now in beta. It is now an SDK2 version, for Homey 1.5.0 and up. It has mostly been rewritten.

Functional changes are:
    Main Zone/Zone 2/Zone 3 can be selected and unselected in Settings. If unselected, the zone will not appear in action cards that include a zone option. This might break previously added devices.
    Added capabilities from the 'amplifier' template. On the device card, click on the icon to turn on the device or put it into standby. There's also a volume slider which changes the main zone's volume. It should also update even when you change volume by using the regular remote (at least it does for my device ;-).
    Capabilities also show up in Insights so you can see your main volume over time...

The network connection now is kept open, and should be re-opened after it fails. It will be interesting to see if this works over time and in combination with using the physical controls, remote, another app, etc.
  • Version 1.0.0 is now in beta. It is now an SDK2 version, for Homey 1.5.0 and up. It has mostly been rewritten.

Functional changes are:
    Main Zone/Zone 2/Zone 3 can be selected and unselected in Settings. If unselected, the zone will not appear in action cards that include a zone option. This might break previously added devices.
    Added capabilities from the 'amplifier' template. On the device card, click on the icon to turn on the device or put it into standby. There's also a volume slider which changes the main zone's volume. It should also update even when you change volume by using the regular remote (at least it does for my device ;-).
    Capabilities also show up in Insights so you can see your main volume over time...

The network connection now is kept open, and should be re-opened after it fails. It will be interesting to see if this works over time and in combination with using the physical controls, remote, another app, etc.
    Great, will test him later this week! Good job!
  • I just pushed version 1.0.1 from beta to stable. Unfortunately, it might require re-pairing of devices. I'd love to see your experiences with the upgrade and the app itself!
  • I just pushed version 1.0.1 from beta to stable. Unfortunately, it might require re-pairing of devices. I'd love to see your experiences with the upgrade and the app itself!
    Great work! Just put my Marantz in the box because we are moving houses but will keep using your app now it's stable. For now no problems :)
  • Hello, where can I find a list with available raw commands for my Marantz 1602?
  • Thanks! A big limitation at this moment is that Marantz allows  only one connection at the time.. So when I use an android app on my phone to control the receiver, homey lost it's connection.. I also configured the buttons of my smartphone to control the volume of the receiver when I use the yatse app with kodi. Really awesome, but it cannot not work together..

I read something about changing the port will change this behavior..? Does anyone knows what to do?
  • Maybe using the web interface does not interfere with the telnet port, but I don't know of another port you can use.
  • Version 1.0.2 has been released as beta, with improvements mostly by Marco van 't Klooster. If you go beta, you'll probably have to pair the device(s) again.
  • hi,

Last week I've installed the SR6012, as replacement for a SR6009.
    For the SR6009 I created a flow before which started at the moment one us does wake up, following with playing the top favorite radio station in our favorites list. (NPO-1)

For the SR6012, it doesn't work. The receiver starts up, take up the right input, but refuses top start playing. 
    What I 'm do wrong?

• The play favorites command doesn't seem to work for me on my NR1508 either, might be a HEOS thing. Will have to investigate further when I have the time :(