This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Sonoff / Ewelink switches

13»

Comments

• @vaderag sorry, no idea :( I understand that you don't want to install beta apps.
  • @robertklep, it really depends. It can be within a minute or within hours. This weekend I've made the following flow:
    - If I want to have the lights on set boolean on true
    - If I want to have the lights of set boolean on false
    - If boolean = true, every 5 minutes turn on the Sonoff
    - If boolean = false, every 5 minutes turn off the Sonoff

This really gave me mixed results. 1 time it immediatly responded. The other times it was 1 hour later and once even more than 8 hours later. I know that where this is placed the Wifi isn't the best, but I have less than 1% packet loss over a couple of hours. I even have moments where I try if it works, I switch it on, it immediatly turns on, but at the same time I'm unable to switch it off. 

For your other question, unfortunately I've just renamed the devices, I have to remove than an other time and than add them again.
  • @caros I've been running my devices for at least a day continuously and haven't experienced any issues whatsoever.

I did pushed an update on Saturday (that hasn't been approved yet) that should detect much quicker when devices become unavailable (do to whatever reason), meaning that it will close the connection to that device, hopefully forcing it to reconnect. Perhaps that will solve your problem (but as I said, it's still pending, so it depends on Athom's approval).
  • JPeJPe Member
    @robertklep ; will the new sonoff firmware 1.6.0 be of any influence on the use in combination with your app?
    Is upgrade of the sonoff firmware via your app possible or will that be in the future?
  • Beste mensen kan het ook in het Nederlands,
    ik ben heeeel slecht in het Engels.
    ik heb een homey en wil graag de WiFi sonoff installeren maar weet echt niet hoe. 
    HELP, HELP

groetjes Hans
  • Try google chrome with the auto-translate option.
    Ore google translate.
    Ore post a question in the dutch section
    ----------------------------
    Probeer google chrome:
    https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/173424?co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop&hl=nl
    Of gebruik google translate:
    https://translate.google.com/?hl=nl
    Of ga naar het Nederlandse deel van het forum:
    https://forum.athom.com/categories/nederlands
  • JPeJPe Member
    edited January 2018
    @robertklep ;  Is it possible to define a fixed IP address also beside the next parameters?
      "version": 4,
      "ssid": "WIFI NETWORK NAME",
      "password": "WIFI PASSWORD",
      "serverName": "HOMEY IP ADDRESS",
      "port": 8305
  • Shouldn't your router take care of that ?
    A device can't decide by itself to get a specific ip. You have to instruct the DHCP server (often in your router) to assign a specific ip to a device (based on the MAC address).
  • JPeJPe Member
    No a device can't decide but it can request a specific ip, I have several devices doing that.
  • MichaelDMichaelD Member
    edited January 2018
    I've just received some sonoff basic wifi switches, went through the proces of sending the new network info to it via curl. I can see on my wifi ap that its connected to the wifi but the Homey app does not find anything. Also the switch led blinks twice indicating it cannot find the server. I tried with two devices but both cannot connect to homey. Any suggestions?

edit: found out that itead stopped this method from firmware 1.6 :-(
  • JPe said:
    No a device can't decide but it can request a specific ip, I have several devices doing that.
    What if the request is denied because some other device already has that IP adres?
    Savest way is to have an ip reservetion in the DHCP server...
  • JPeJPe Member
    JPe said:
    What if the request is denied because some other device already has that IP adres?
    Savest way is to have an ip reservetion in the DHCP server...
    you are right in preferably using DHCP server, but my router (KPN Experia Box) can only reserve 10 IP's, besides it is easy to restrict the DHCP range (1-99), so I can use the rest for my fixed IP devices (100>), a matter of organizing.
  • The original firmware doesn't support static IP-addresses.

I just pushed an update for the app that also supports the Sonoff-Tasmota firmware, which does support static IP-addresses. However, it's not trivial to install an alternative firmware (that said, at the moment it's the only way to support devices that are shipped with firmware 1.6 or higher).
  • does that mean that we should not use "homey.local" as ip?
  • robertkleprobertklep Member
    edited February 2018
    @mackelito if you mean for `serverName`: you could try to use it, but I'm not sure if it'll work.

Technically, "homey.local" is a hostname, not an IP-address. I don't know if the Sonoff firmware supports looking up the IP-address that belongs to a hostname.

• hello

what is the current status right now? is it only "Sonoff-Tasmota firmware" and older firmware older than 1.6 that are supported?
  • Is there a way to reset the Sonoff device? I have a few old ones which currently link to eWeLink but would like to link to Homey instead?
  • arthurarthur Member
    You could consider flashing your Sonoffs ith the Tasmota FW. Then you can add them to Homey
  • arthur said:
    You could consider flashing your Sonoffs ith the Tasmota FW. Then you can add them to Homey
    Believe they can be added without flashing (at least the one that I do have added could be)...

If they do need flashing I'll probably leave it until I need to move them!
  • JPeJPe Member
    @robertklep ;  Found something similar to Sonoff namely: https://shelly.cloud/developers/
    is this something you would consider to implement in your App?
    Price and size look promising.