This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

How-To - Aeotec MultiSensor 6

1789101113»

Comments

• I use the timer, because I have different timers depending on the moment of the day. In the morning the shower is used, so a long timer. In the afternoon the toilet in the bathroom might be used. So, a short timer. 
  • It works perfectly well for me without the counter and just the motion alarm cancelation timer. I can’t see how adding another component (the timer) would make it more reliable.

Yeah me too. Though in another thread someone was saying the count down method might be more reliable because some motion sensors turn off the motion sensing bit for a while when first triggered. 

No sure if aeotec one is the same

I
     found that sometimes the motion detector goes off when there's little movement, say girls doing lipstick on, or taking a shower. If you don't want your light on for nothing you will set the motion off on a short time. For the moments that there is no motion detected for the above examples that's where the timer adds some more flexibility. But in the end, if it works for you then it works, nothing is set in stone ofcourse. ?

• Eternity said:
    I use the timer, because I have different timers depending on the moment of the day. In the morning the shower is used, so a long timer. In the afternoon the toilet in the bathroom might be used. So, a short timer. 
    Oh clever.

But for one of mine in the toilet i use the door sensor so light never turns off even if motion is off .

The main drawback is my door sensor is constantly going off cos default door open. Wonder if will kill battery .

Whats best way to pair aeotec sensor 6 with neocool door sensor 
  • RocodamelsheRocodamelshe Member
    edited July 2018

Whats best way to pair aeotec sensor 6 with neocool door sensor 
    Make flows with: If aeotec goes off---->Start timer
                                   If Neo goes off------>Start timer

Or place them in same zone and make a flow WHEN motion alarm goes off AND zone is " Kitchen" then start timer.

Ow wait, door sensor!

• Whats best way to pair aeotec sensor 6 with neocool door sensor 
    Make flows with: If aeotec goes off---->Start timer
                                   If Neo goes off------>Start timer

Or place them in same zone and make a flow WHEN motion alarm goes off AND zone is " Kitchen" then start timer.

Ow wait, door sensor!

Yes, the idea is the light will never turn off when door is closed. This is for a toilet where the motion sensor cant catch motion when showering behind the shower screen.

My current flow is

Flow 1 - If motion sensor on AND between 6pm to 6am - turn on light

Flow 2 - If motion sensor off AND door sensor alarm is not on (aka door is closed)  - turn off light

2 questions

1) Should I convert it to a counter flow for the motion sensor?

2) This setup means my door is by default open - will this kill the door sensor battery too fast?

• RocodamelsheRocodamelshe Member
    edited July 2018

2 questions

1) Should I convert it to a counter flow for the motion sensor?
    Ur own choise. I use counters and i like it very much but other peeps have other opinions.

2) This setup means my door is by default open - will this kill the door sensor battery too fast?
    When door is opened the sensor will give a signal. When door stays open there is no signal being send so no battery drain.
  • quartquart Unconfirmed, Member
    I have problem with this multisensor not being in "mesh" mode. I have it running with the usb cable and have paired it.
    i have a Fibaro motions sensor that is outside that I was hoping that could connect throw the Mutlsensor. But it doesnt.
    It also seems like my Homey doesnt pair the Multisensor as a Z-wave plus device.
    What I have read the Multisensor should be Z-wave plus?
    Please see picture from z-wave tools

• I think you should wait a bit longer to see the route. Mine work as 'repeater' in the mesh.
  • quartquart Unconfirmed, Member
    I think I solved it. I moved the multisensor inside my house so it got better tx/rx and after that the Fibaro motion sensor connected to the Multisensor. Now I put the Fibaro motion sensor outside, hopefully my z-wave network is stong enough now.
  • EternityEternity Member
    edited August 2018
    daand said:
    I updated all my sensors to 1.8 with a Z-wave stick. But when I turn off the led in Homey,  it still turns on when motion is active. Does anyone else has this problem?

I too updated my sensors. Also, I have followed the instructions with the firmware update:

and set the LED behaviour to '2'  by added and sending the following value via Homey::

In the Homey settings page of the sensor I set the LED behaviour correctly to OFF:

Still the LED lights up occasionally. Could this be because of the "gateway sends a message/signal to Multisensor'? 

Did I send the correct set of numbers?
  • Does the AEON Labs multisensor run for multiple days/weeks/months without problems?
    I've tried a Fibaro Multi V2.0 first, but it kept getting stuck in motion detection, rendering it completely useless.
    Then I tried a Philips Hue motion sensor, because maybee switching protocols would help.
    But it's exactly the same issue with Zigbee. The motion sensor keeps getting stuck in motion detection, temperature and luminance. So in hindsight the Fibaro was actually even more functional ;)
  • EternityEternity Member
    edited August 2018
    Other than the Led issue - see two posts earlier - mine have been working flawlessly for over 2 years. I have 6 and all are usb powered.