This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

How-To - Aeotec MultiSensor 6

Comments

• Hi
    Yes have tried to wake it up, no difference. The sensor is placed 1,5m from Homey with 100% good batteries.
    //Nick
  • _L__L_ Member
    edited December 2017
    Same issue after including a new sensor on 1.5.6 RC7. The motion alarm never deactivates.

Other sensor data is OK including tamper, usb powered. Sensors included in earlier versions of Homey work as expected.
  • Hi All,

I just updated to the new 1.11 EU firmware for this multisensor as well. I am also getting the same problem: motion is detected continually :( Hardwired power and also on RC7... the firmware notes also mention that the zwave library has been updated, maybe that something to do with the problem.

My other question: in order to update the firmware it looks like the onlhy way to do this is

1) Remove the Multisensor from Homey as a device
    2) Pair it with the Z-stick
    3) Run the download from Aeotec to update firmware
    4) Unpair it from the Z-stick
    5) Rejoin the Multisensor with the Homey
    6) Re-ad the device to any flows

Is this really the only way? Its a pain :(

Thanks for any help!

Jan-Bart
  • I have already tried to update the firmware... Still the same problem....
  • @jvreede
    Yes, that is a lousy way to perform the upgrade...but as far as I know it is the only way :-(
  • Is there still no way to perform an upgrade using Homey?? Or not with the usb cable?? Also.. Is there a way to see wich firmware version my sensor has?

And if it is only possible to update the firmware using a z-wave stick.. What is the cheapest solution?
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited January 2018
    It is not possible to update aeotec via homey, and will probably never be.

They use proprietary software (windows only) where the data is embedded in (each device has its own program), so unless someone is able to decompose and decrypt that software, we will never receive the update data.

Firmware version is viewable in the device's settings if it is included after 1.5.3.

It is possible with any zwave stick, as long as you have a windows pc.
  • Nicman said:
    Hi everyone! 
    I am back after a breif encounter with samsung smartthings... The problem for today is that I can´t get movement alarm to stop... I have done the latest firmware updte today but still the same problem!
    Any ideas?
    Thanks in advance!
    Nick
    Is there all a solution available for this problem?
  • seirv said:
    Nicman said:
    Hi everyone! 
    I am back after a breif encounter with samsung smartthings... The problem for today is that I can´t get movement alarm to stop... I have done the latest firmware updte today but still the same problem!
    Any ideas?
    Thanks in advance!
    Nick
    Is there all a solution available for this problem?
    I found a workaround for this problem without a software upgrade. 
    1. change via homey the aeotect sensor settings, switch motion movement alarm to off.
    2. reset the setting of the motion movement back to the original value.
  • Hello guys,

I have one of these sensors at home and it's great for movement and humidity detection especially as it has the option to use it wired. But the lux sensor is really bad. If the room is totally bright, it still says that it is only 15 lux, so I cannot do anything with those numbers.. 

I'm not able to update the firmware of my sensor, as I'm not having a zwave stick yet. But do you guys have better experience with this sensor. especially the lux sensor after updating the firmware recently?
  • @powermarcel10 ; having the same low values, well 15 is not real but usable, it can go down to zero.
    Also tried to enlarge the sensor hole but that does not have any influence on the low level, only the high values get higher. I also have increased the suround light level by ten, that gives a more realistic value but only shifts the value up.

• Hello guys,

I have some peds in house. (a rabbit and 2 cats) I only want the sensor to detect motion if I walk in the room. But now it also detects motion from the cats.. I allready lowered the sensitivity in the settings to 1, but this doens't seems to change anything.. After I have changed the settings, do I have to do anything else? Reset the sensor or something like that?
  • Hello guys,

I have some peds in house. (a rabbit and 2 cats) I only want the sensor to detect motion if I walk in the room. But now it also detects motion from the cats.. I allready lowered the sensitivity in the settings to 1, but this doens't seems to change anything.. After I have changed the settings, do I have to do anything else? Reset the sensor or something like that?
    yes. puting the device into learning mode. (mostly done by pressing three times a button)
  • canedje said:
    Hello guys,

yes. puting the device into learning mode. (mostly done by pressing three times a button)
    Thanks, So first put it in learning mode and than press "save settings"?

I don't know how to put the device into learning mode.. 3 times pressen the button is doing nothing.. Long press will change the color of the led, but I don't know if that is the learning mode.. Any idea? Can't find it on google..
  • k1sk1s Member
    edited April 2018
    Trying to add a second Aeotec Multisensor 6, adding falls over at “Setting default association groups”, then “No Z-Wave device has been found.”  Try to add it again.  “This device is already paired. Try removing it first through Settings -> Z-Wave.”.  Remove it and try again, but fails every time, sometimes with "vdevice.drivers.zwavebasic.pair.senddata_timeout".  Can somebody suggest how to proceed?
  • EternityEternity Member
    edited April 2018
    Reset the device first, than try to include  again.

I'd I remember right, reset by long pressing the include button. 

Good luck. 
  • cbhcbh Member
    Think it is not app-/device specific, but related to the same as what is described here https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/2333
  • k1sk1s Member
    k1s said:
    Trying to add a second Aeotec Multisensor 6, adding falls over at “Setting default association groups”, then “No Z-Wave device has been found.”  Try to add it again.  “This device is already paired. Try removing it first through Settings -> Z-Wave.”.  Remove it and try again, but fails every time, sometimes with "vdevice.drivers.zwavebasic.pair.senddata_timeout".  Can somebody suggest how to proceed?
    Updating firmware to version 1.11 fixed it for me for the Multisensor 6 but not for Recessed Door Sensor (I'm on latest firmware v1.13).  It gets stuck at vdevice.drivers.zwavebasic.pair.TRANSMIT_COMPLETE_ACK_UNKNOWN
  • Hi all, i have a question that i hope somebody can answer:
    I use the motion alarm to start my lights in the shower and that seem to work .
    But i wanted to shorten the delay (the 2-3 sec before it turns on after motion detected) and a made a association from the sensor to the dimmer switch, if i read it right then the sensor should be able to trigger the dimmer switch directly.
    Its USB powered btw

But my question is, how does the sensor know what to do with the dimmer switch?, turn it on, off or use humidity or motion detecting?

kind regards, Herman
  • k1s said:
    k1s said:
    Updating firmware to version 1.11 fixed it for me for the Multisensor 6 but not for Recessed Door Sensor (I'm on latest firmware v1.13).  It gets stuck at vdevice.drivers.zwavebasic.pair.TRANSMIT_COMPLETE_ACK_UNKNOWN
    @k1s had any problems after the upgrade to 1.11? are the sensors on USB or battery's? 
  • k1sk1s Member
    matrover said:
    k1s said:
    k1s said:
    @k1s had any problems after the upgrade to 1.11? are the sensors on USB or battery's? 
    Not really. The Lux meter as aren't really useable because I have them ceiling mounted, but sorry from that they seem to be working OK (USB powered)
  • Sorry very basic question

I was trying to follow the instructions on page 1 on how to make lights turn on and off via Better logic.

But the first flow I made I ran into this problem

It refuses to save for some reason.. changing the variable name doesnt help
  • Oy1974Oy1974 Member
    Sorry very basic question

I was trying to follow the instructions on page 1 on how to make lights turn on and off via Better logic.

you have to set a betterlogic variable first in the setting page of betterlogic.

Homey ---> Settings -----> scroll down -----> Better logic and there you first need to create a variable
  • Herman2604Herman2604 Member
    edited July 2018
    Oy1974 said:
    Sorry very basic question

you have to set a betterlogic variable first in the setting page of betterlogic.

Homey ---> Settings -----> scroll down -----> Better logic and there you first need to create a variable
    Just remember a lot of info is outdated, you can drag the luminance tag directly in the AND colomn now, if thats what this flow is for.

I made some light flows based on motion , examples are in this thread, maybe it helps a bit.
    https://forum.athom.com/discussion/5253/light-in-shower-cant-get-it-100-right-any-help-welcome#latest

Later i added the luminance in the flow, (If "tag" Luminance is less then 15) , so the light wont go on when theres enough daylight

good luck!

• Hmm so actually now i dont really need better logic plugin?
  • Herman2604Herman2604 Member
    edited July 2018
    Hmm so actually now i dont really need better logic plugin?
    I used it for the boolean variable, but for the luminance its not needed.

• I've read in another thread that the best way to use motion sensor is to do the following

Flow #1

If motion detected -> turn on light and stop counter
    If motion not detected -> Start counter for say 5 min
    If counter = 0 -> turn off light

Is this necessary for aeotec multisensor? Or can i just do the usual

If motion detected -> turn on light
    If motion not detected -> turn off light

and use the setting in "motion alarm cancellation" to determine how fast it turns off the light when no motion is detected?

• I've read in another thread that the best way to use motion sensor is to do the following

Flow #1

If motion detected -> turn on light and stop counter
    If motion not detected -> Start counter for say 5 min
    If counter = 0 -> turn off light

Is this necessary for aeotec multisensor? Or can i just do the usual

If motion detected -> turn on light
    If motion not detected -> turn off light

and use the setting in "motion alarm cancellation" to determine how fast it turns off the light when no motion is detected?

It works best with a counter. More reliable.
  • It works perfectly well for me without the counter and just the motion alarm cancelation timer. I can’t see how adding another component (the timer) would make it more reliable.
  • It works perfectly well for me without the counter and just the motion alarm cancelation timer. I can’t see how adding another component (the timer) would make it more reliable.

Yeah me too. Though in another thread someone was saying the count down method might be more reliable because some motion sensors turn off the motion sensing bit for a while when first triggered. 

No sure if aeotec one is the same