This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Return to dim state

Can someone help me out? I use alot of Qubino Flush dimmers. When dimming with a wall switch and switching the lamp off, it will go back to the dimming state when turned on. If i turn it on with the homey app/voice command the lamp turns on at 100%. Is this normal behavior? Can i somehow change this (without flows)?

Comments

• I don't know about qbino, but with fibaro you can set the forced brightness, or just brightness in the flow, so say lamp on THEN set brightness 50%
  • RwinRwin Member
    I don't know about qbino, but with fibaro you can set the forced brightness, or just brightness in the flow, so say lamp on THEN set brightness 50%
    This can be done with Qubino also but will result in a extra command. Lamp wil go to 100% and goes straight to 50%. This is stupid if the module already had a previous state that was 50%. I'm hoping there will be a parameter that ignores the basic on command (with 100%) and just turn on to previous state. Other solution, somehow adjust the homecontroller to send a different command or something

• @Rwin sounds like the setOnDim parameter is not set in the Qubino app... this prevents that Homey will send the ON command first (going to 100%) followed by the DIM command... 

Which device are you referring too? So I can check it in the code and confirm it.
  • RwinRwin Member
    @TedTolboom it's a ZMNHDD1Flush Dimmer. Also, Qubino answered:

Dimming value of the output depend on command that is send if you send switch binary ON or switch All ON output will always turn fully ON if you send basic set FF (255) or switch multilevel FF (255) output will turn on previous dimming value 

Don't understand what they mean with FF.
  • Rwin said:
    @TedTolboom it's a ZMNHDD1Flush Dimmer. Also, Qubino answered:

Dimming value of the output depend on command that is send if you send switch binary ON or switch All ON output will always turn fully ON if you send basic set FF (255) or switch multilevel FF (255) output will turn on previous dimming value 

Don't understand what they mean with FF.
    FF is the maximum value in hexadecimal representation of 1 byte; also known as 0xFF..
    About Z-wave command classes, use values between 1-99 to indicate the dim level and 0 and 255 (0xFF) for OFF and ON... I’ll check in what is used in the Qubino driver
  • @Rwin it indeed uses the Binary switch CC for Onoff:
    command_set: 'SWITCH_BINARY_SET',
    So it will switch on fully...
    you can check if indeed sending an BASIC_SET command turns the device on to the previous dim level, by going to the Z-wave page at https://developer.athom.com/tools/zwave and send a BASIC_SET on command to the dimmer...
    if this works, the best option would be to create a driver based setting that defines which CC to use for sending an on / off command... but that is somethings Athom will need to implement...
  • Rwin said:
    I don't know about qbino, but with fibaro you can set the forced brightness, or just brightness in the flow, so say lamp on THEN set brightness 50%
    This can be done with Qubino also but will result in a extra command. Lamp wil go to 100% and goes straight to 50%. This is stupid if the module already had a previous state that was 50%. I'm hoping there will be a parameter that ignores the basic on command (with 100%) and just turn on to previous state. Other solution, somehow adjust the homecontroller to send a different command or something

Or like this maube?, i use this in my dimmer flow:
    A variable Lamp Helderheid that changes to the latest setting of the dim level.