This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Add a way to cummunicate with a Telegram Bot

167891012»

Comments

• @Veldkornet

Just dit a fresh reinstall of homey, removed the previous bot in telegram
    Then I created a new bot and registered the bot with the /register command.
    But after that the bot doesn't respond to ping and within homey telegram settings the "Gekoppelde gebruikers/groepen" is empty.
    what went wrong ? 
  • VeldkornetVeldkornet Member
    edited March 2018
    Did you get a message from the bot to say that it was successfully registered?
    And if you did it in a group, were there other bots in the group?
  • @Veldkornet

no it did not say anything, but within homey step 7 (register) and step 8 were gone
    I did not add it in a group and tried it several times.. 
    Just removed the bot settings again and added it another time.. and now magically it works... thanks Murphy :)

• Hi all! Does anyone know how to send a newline/breakline? I tried "\n" and "%0A" but both don't work.

Thanks!
  • obeliksobeliks Member
    edited July 2018
    Last weeks, there are lots of crashes of the Telegram bot. There are more crashes in my neighborhood... With a restart of the app, the problem is solved, but it reappears...
    Is anyone having the same problems?
  • jordenjorden Member
    obeliks said:
    Last weeks, there are lots of crashes of the Telegram bot. There are more crashes in my neighborhood... With a restart of the app, the problem is solved, but it reappears...
    Is anyone having the same problems?
    No problems here, on two Homeys....

Do you perhaps still have flows that use the older flowcards? A few versions ago we switched to SDKv2 and that made the older flows incompatible.
  • Everytime when Telegram crashes, the flows (with Telegram in them) give the sign that the flows are broken .
    When I restart the app, the sign dissapears...
    I have to do that twice a day...
  • jordenjorden Member
    obeliks said:
    Everytime when Telegram crashes, the flows (with Telegram in them) give the sign that the flows are broken .
    When I restart the app, the sign dissapears...
    I have to do that twice a day...
    When any app on Homey crashes, you will see the sign that the flows are broken.

Can you try to delete the app from Homey and reinstall? (WARNING: You will have to add your own bot (if any) again, register your account(s) again, and set up the flows again)
    The app shouldn't crash at all. I'm not experiencing any crashes myself. Does it say anything about a reason why it crashes?
  • Ok. I reïnstalled, I will let you know...
  • I'm sorry, keeps crashing. 
    @ the crash, there's automatically a log send to the developer
  • jordenjorden Member
    I didn't receive a log....