This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

AppleTV

I find it a bit odd that this device isn't supported by Athom themselves, as it is a very known and used smart box.
The minimum requirement for an app for this device should be detecting on/off state and play states. 

I know that home assistant have a feature like that OOTB if that would help. Or if I have completely missed an existing app, please let me know :smiley:

Comments

• Homey_LampjeHomey_Lampje Member
    edited July 2018
    Deleted.
  • Do you by coincidence own a Harmony Hub? If you do you can install the Homey Harmony Hub app and create flows to control your AppleTV, from the Homey (smartphone) app your are limited to ON/OFF the AppleTV. Sample flow that does not make sense ;-)

• 2Be2Be Member
    I use the Harmony Hub too. 

Maybe the Broadlink M3 mini even works. (18 euro's on Ali).
  • First off: I have both a Harmony Hub and a NEEO.
    Secondly: I think you're misunderstanding. It's not about controlling the device, primarily, it's about getting the state it's in. 
    So I want to know when it's in use an if it's playing something or paused (stopped). This isn't something that a Harmony Hub can tell me other than jumping through some hoops. 

• Wilson456Wilson456 Unconfirmed, Member
    edited August 2018
    Apple TV is an HDMI-compliant source device. To use it for viewing, it has to be connected to an enhanced-definition or high-definition widescreen television via an HDMI cable. The device has no integrated controls and can only be controlled externally, either by an Apple Remote or Siri Remote control device (with which it is sold) using its infrared/Bluetooth capability, by the Apple TV Remote app (downloadable from App Store) on iOS devices <<Link deleted by moderator>>