This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed Official CommunityApp SDK2

[APP] Heimdall - Let Homey watch over your home.

Comments

• @Hannes85 There is no condition card to check if the alarm is tripped. 

What you could do is create a variable with either the build in logic or Better Logic app and set that to a specific value (I'd suggest a boolean so true/false) and evaluate that variable in the flow you posted.

Maybe I'll look into a condition card for the alarm state, but I'm still not sure if I will spend much more time on this app since it's to unclear to me in what direction Athom/Homey is going.
  • So far I am extremely happy with the work you have done Danee, I would not really see a reason why you should stop investing in this App. Of course, Homey told us in an update that they are looking into Security as well after firmware 2.0 but with the speed they are working I think we rely on your efforts for many years to come still :)!

PS, I resolved this as per below flow. The yellow "And" states that this flow is ONLY disarming the alarm if the Alarm has not been activated (sometimes the answer is right under our nose :));

• Thanks @Hannes85 ;

My worries are not with Athom going to write Security as part of Homey itself (*) but the fact that the Web UI will be removed because of the Mobile Only strategy does worry me.

I can see no way to build a UI for Heimdall settings with a good user experience on what Athom has shown us until now. They've said 'users' can and are free to build their own web ui, but the initiative that was started by some developers has received no support by Athom in fact they basically received a cease and desist.

That said I did find a spare moment and created a condition card:

It will be in version 1.0.15 that I just submitted to the app store, now we have to wait until Athom approves it.

* Athom said Security will be part of Homey itself, seeing the speed in which features, functionalities and fixes in firmware are released I don't think we will see such functionality mature soon in Homey. Keeping it as an app so development speed is decoupled from the speed in which firmwares are released seems like the way to go to me, but then again I'm just a user and from what I read on Slack Athom knows whats best for their users. 
  • If I was Athom, I would take your source code , analyse it if it fits there purpose and continue from there, including the main developers of this app.  Several scenario's possible including paying the current developers and or taking the source to a private library and/or continue developing this app in public space, but under Athoms end responsibility.

But my real question is :blush:
    Can I use Virtual Device Homey app  PIR or contact to be used with Heimdall?  (tried, but I think no).
    Or can I use camera motion detection to be used in Heimdall?

I have camera's, a NAS and have flows in place to detect the motion on a camera and do something with the triggers in Homey. My doorbell Doorbird is triggered by a Homey app, and my other camera's are triggering events using http posts Homey app. All can be collected and used in Homey in flows.
    In the current situation I have a camera with motion detection and a separate PIR.  2 devices, needed, the cam does motion as well, saves me a PIR, virtual devices can may be the device in the middle to solve this.

Then I also can bundle multiple sensors behind one trigger.

And I am puzzling with partly activated, some times I want to swap the partly activated.  I have upstairs and downstairs. Most of the time partly is downstairs. But sometimes we have people in the house, and then upstairs should be the partly activated zone. Need partly but then with 2 different zones. 

May be also solvable with virtual devices or with group devices Homey apps?

• @_Marco_ devices that register motion or contact that are mapped to the alarm_motion and alarm_contact capability in Homey can be used as an input for Heimdall. 
    If your Doorbird doorbell doesn't show up in the settngs page of Heimdall it's motion detection is not mapped to Homeys alarm_motion capability. A Ring doorbell does have it's motion detection mapped to the alarm_motion capability and thus shows up in Heimdall.

Maybe the developer of the Doorbird app can map the doorbells motion detection to Homeys alarm_motion capability. ( @Phuturist )

But you can use a device with a different capability with Heimdall.

You can create a flow with any desired trigger, check if an Surveillance Mode is set and activate the alarm as shown here https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/71004/#Comment_71004
  • PhuturistPhuturist Member
    edited July 2018

Maybe the developer of the Doorbird app can map the doorbells motion detection to Homeys alarm_motion capability. ( @Phuturist )

The DoorBird app already utilizes the alarm_motion and alarm_generic (for the doorbell) capabilities. Not sure why it's not showing in Heimdall. Perhaps because I use the device class "doorbell"?

"class": "doorbell",			"capabilities": [        "alarm_generic",        "alarm_motion"      ],
  • Phuturist said:

The DoorBird app already utilizes the alarm_motion and alarm_generic (for the doorbell) capabilities. Not sure why it's not showing in Heimdall. Perhaps because I use the device class "doorbell"?

"class": "doorbell",
    "capabilities": [
            "alarm_generic",
            "alarm_motion"
          ],
    Ah, I see why it’s not added, Heimdall also looks at the class, so it’s a combination of class and capability. I'll have a look at it.

• DaneeDeKruyffDaneeDeKruyff Member
    edited July 2018
    New version published:

Version 1.0.15

• Added 'Alarm State' condition flow card

With this card can you can check if an alarm state is active in your flows:

@Hannes85
  • Thanks again Danee for your continuous efforts.

Regarding the App Only in firmware 2.0... i have to say that I am quite new to homey and have been pretty happy with the web ui (although it craps out at times). I honestly cannot imagine Homey screwing this up so bad that it becomes a pain to work\ monitor apps in the new firmware. These guys are smart :). I, for one, wouldn't mind creating my flows on a tablet on the couch to be honest. Currently I am using a surface pro to do all the magic on the couch as well. Quite Comfy! I work in IT so I am quite happy to not have to use my laptop for once and just drag and drop my flows around...

PS: I have no experience with any of the betas that are out there so this is only based on how I would see Homey in an mobile only world..

• lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited July 2018
    Hannes85 said:

Thanks again Danee for your continuous efforts.

Regarding the App Only in firmware 2.0... i have to say that I am quite new to homey and have been pretty happy with the web ui (although it craps out at times). I honestly cannot imagine Homey screwing this up so bad that it becomes a pain to work\ monitor apps in the new firmware. These guys are smart :). I, for one, wouldn't mind creating my flows on a tablet on the couch to be honest. Currently I am using a surface pro to do all the magic on the couch as well. Quite Comfy! I work in IT so I am quite happy to not have to use my laptop for once and just drag and drop my flows around...

PS: I have no experience with any of the betas that are out there so this is only based on how I would see Homey in an mobile only world..

Problem then will be that at the switch with 2.0 the tablet ui will not (yet) be available and only ios/android get an app so you end up with bluestack with a mobile view on your surface.

The community made their own web flow editor (just like homeyda.sh) but that initiative is killed or put in the fridge by Athom. Hope your surface can still do his job when 2.0 comes 
  • Decommissioning the WebUI is a big mistake as far as I am concerned. An app is nice but should be considered as an add-on, not a replacement. I am not surprised it takes Atom such a long time to release the app. It must be a daunting task to keep the same functionality compared to the WebUI.

Maybe time for a Tasmota-like (firmware replacement for Sonoff products) solution?
  • Despite the topicstarter started this conversation himself, let’s stay on-topic here also. What’s the fun of screwing all topics with this conversation? Off-topic posts will be deleted without further notice!
  • Is there a reason why i can't turn off:
     Check for active motion sensor(s) when arming

I click on the checkbox, but it won't to to false.
  • Do you have Let Homey Tell you when: ...a motion sensor is active when arming in the Speech settings enabled?
  • Do you have Let Homey Tell you when: ...a motion sensor is active when arming in the Speech settings enabled?
    Thanks. Very unclear in terms of UI/UX
  • Does the surveillance mode only change after the coundown?

I'm trying to run a flow when armed (to swicth a few devices) but they dont seem to kick in...
    If so, how can i flick them at the start of the countdown (for setting) but only full disarm?
  • @quakerix Yes, that needs some work, will see what I can do about that.

@vaderag I'm not sure I get your question, the Surveillance Mode will obviously change after the countdown, that's the purpose of using the delay.
    Can you post a screenshot of your flow, describe what is does and what you want it to do?

• I've just submitted a new version where you will be able to use alarm_motion, alarm_contact and alarm_tamper capabilities from non-sensor devices.

This will enable you to use the Doorbird doorbell for example, thanks @Phuturist for your input and testing. Another confirmed non-sensor device with the alarm_motion capability that will be available is a Virtual Devices Device that is configured with the Device Class Home Alarm and Capability Detected Motion.
  • @quakerix Yes, that needs some work, will see what I can do about that.

@vaderag I'm not sure I get your question, the Surveillance Mode will obviously change after the countdown, that's the purpose of using the delay.
    Can you post a screenshot of your flow, describe what is does and what you want it to do?

I solved it by using alarm countdown, it just seems a little unintuitive that you set the status to Armed, but it doesn't actually go to armed until the countdown ends.
    I don't know how you'd do it better tho ;)

• @vaderag It is by design that when you set the Surveillance Mode to an armed state and either of the checkboxes Use delay when enabling (Partially) Armed mode is checked the Surveillance Mode is changed after the countdown ends. This way you have for example time to leave the house and lock your door.

If you want to set the Surveillance Mode to an armed state instantly, please uncheck the Use delay when enabling (Partially) Armed mode settings.

• DaneeDeKruyffDaneeDeKruyff Member
    edited July 2018
    New version published:

Version 1.0.16

• Support for non-sensor devices with Contact, Motion and Tamper capabilities

In this version you can use more devices as inputs for Heimdall. For example Doorbells or Virtual Devices that have the Alarm Motion capability can now be used.

@_Marco_
  • What I was wondering... if a device is active while going to armed mode, what happens with that sensor ?
    Will it be ignored for the rest of the time the alarm is armed, or will it join the party once the sensor isn't active anymore.
    And can it trigger the alarm after that ? 

I hope you get what I mean, reading back what I just typed it somewhat confuses even myself... but you probably get the point :blush:
  • _Marco__Marco_ Member
    edited July 2018
    @DaneeDeKruyff

Nice it works  :p    Thanks!

For all others, a PIR has a value 0 or 255,  zero for no detection and 255 for detection (thats wat a fibaro PIR is telling me)

The doorbird is also found btw.
  • @Rawkixx

This will happen (read bottom to top)

When a sensor is tripped you can safely set the Surveillance Mode to Armed or Partially Armed. Heimdall can even warn you when a sensor is tripped while (Partially) Arming*. The Alarm will not be triggered when a sensor is tripped at (Partially) Arming, the sensor will be ignored until it goes 'idle' again. After that triggering that sensor again will set off the Alarm.

* If the setting Check for active motion sensor(s) when arming or Check for open door(s)/window(s) when arming is enabled Heimdall will register an active sensor and you can use the Sensor active at arming flow card to take your desired action and/or you can Let Homey tell you when: a motion sensor is active when arming or Let Homey tell you when: a door or window is open when arming.
  • _Marco_ said:
    @DaneeDeKruyff

Nice it works  :p    Thanks!

For all others, a PIR has a value 0 or 255,  zero for no detection and 255 for detection (thats wat a fibaro PIR is telling me)

The doorbird is also found btw.
    Great, thanks!

Maybe someone can provide images a motion and door sensor to @Arie_Laxed so he can include them in his Virtual Devices App

@_Marco_ ; could you also post a screenshot of the Doorbird?

• @Rawkixx

This will happen (read bottom to top)

When a sensor is tripped you can safely set the Surveillance Mode to Armed or Partially Armed. Heimdall can even warn you when a sensor is tripped while (Partially) Arming*. The Alarm will not be triggered when a sensor is tripped at (Partially) Arming, the sensor will be ignored until it goes 'idle' again. After that triggering that sensor again will set off the Alarm.

* If the setting Check for active motion sensor(s) when arming or Check for open door(s)/window(s) when arming is enabled Heimdall will register an active sensor and you can use the Sensor active at arming flow card to take your desired action and/or you can Let Homey tell you when: a motion sensor is active when arming or Let Homey tell you when: a door or window is open when arming.
    Perfect :) Enjoying the app very much.
    Works great.

Only thing im missing yet is a flow card to warn when the alarm arming delay is started.

So when I arm the alarm, the delay starts counting.
    Would be nice to have a flowcard available to send me a push message, so I know I have pushed the right button :P
  • Rawkixx said:

Only thing im missing yet is a flow card to warn when the alarm arming delay is started.

Would be nice to have a flowcard available to send me a push message, so I know I have pushed the right button :P
    I think this is what you're looking for:

• Rawkixx said:

I think this is what you're looking for:

Exactly what i was looking for! Got everything i need now :) Thanks! :blush:
This discussion has been closed.