This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Solved

[Solved] Change homey owner Email adress

klaasklaas Member
edited June 2018 in Questions & Help
Is it possible to change the owner ( login name) Email address ?
Tagged:

Comments

• I'm also trying to change user name in Homey users but My Account name is not as the "owner" in Homey or in Presence names. Did you figure how to change either? 
  • BramBram Member
    It is not yet possible to change the e-mail address of your Homey account. This will be implemented after the release of the new mobile app though.
  • @Bram
    Here you again state it will happen / be possible in the future.

Thing is, it doesn't work now and Athom is not giving any ETA's. So, I think it is better to state what is know; It is not possible.
  • BramBram Member
    @Eternity it is on our roadmap to implement it so I think it's fair to let users know it's on it way:)
  • JaxcJaxc Member
    You could do a full recovery, then you can also put the homey to another email adres. But you will lose all stored data. (like a factory reset)
  • klaasklaas Member
    Bram said:
    It is not yet possible to change the e-mail address of your Homey account. This will be implemented after the release of the new mobile app though.
    Thnks 
  • RebtorRebtor Member
    edited July 2018
    How is this solved. For me this 'bug' is giving me a lot of work in the near future. 

I sell my house and want to leave homey behind because otherwise half the lights won't work. I have 50+ Devices in homey many are behind wall switches. Because you can't backup restore the zwave chip and can't chance the email adress there is Just one solution to reset andere rebuild the intire thing. That's 2 days of work screwing open those switchboxes.

I realy don't understand why it is so difficult tot solve this. Every homey had An unique number so why Hardlink it to An email adress. 

Homey is An integral part of your home. Aan desent backup restore function and a way tot change ownership should have been build in from the start....