This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

New shipment date for Homey?

Comments

• kriebelkouskriebelkous Member
    edited January 2016
    Wow.. that was a long read. I have been away to long...

To bad homey is delayed a little longer. My birthday is on feb 3rd and i was hoping to show it off at one of my infamous "sitting in a circle staying silent dutch style" party's!

Good to read that bugs are being found by the first users. I hope they stress test them so much they all feel like the nr 2 described above. We would all be in trouble if they did'nt test or report the bugs.
    Also good to read that bugs are being squashed and that @marcof is still on top of things in his own way :wink:  (jk)

@emile and the team KUTGW!

• DaneeDeKruyffDaneeDeKruyff Member
    edited January 2016
    /me rofl

Hahaha this forum can use some humor, everybody is way to serious and on edge!
  • @Motha brilliant! 
  • Fire69 said:
    The thing you are forgetting here is that kickstarter backers (like myself) where 'expecting' a delivery in April or May 2015.
    So I can understand the complaining a little bit (although I'm not complaining here, just making a point :smile: ).  You can't really say we are suffering from that syndrome.  We've had a lot of patience already, and some react a little more elegant than others :smiley: 
    You pre-order guys had a date set (February?) and some of you are already complaining now :D

Do note that I said "...once the date has arrived, and the first units have been shipped". The part that some other people have already received their order IS a vital part of the "almost there" syndrome. Once people know that some other people have their order (so the product really is "almost there"), it seems to become so much more difficult to wait for your own order to arrive.
    And yes, I know that the original estimate was around April/May 2015... I've been waiting since that time as well. I just don't think there is a reason to complain... other maybe than the fact that Emile is way too optimistic in his estimates. And he knows it (he recently said himself that Athom should have a x3 department, that triples all his estimates). It's not for lack of trying on their part that Homey hasn't been shipped yet... it's due to all the unforeseen problems they run into. And they have been open and honest about the reasons behind each and every delay - every week we can read status posts on this forum. All that negative response DOES sap at their energy levels. So please people, try to be patient a little longer and hold back your complaints for a few more months.. and when Emile tells you that your Homey will be shipped next month, just do the x3 yourself. That way, you won't be so disappointed when another unforeseen delay comes up.

• Love it !! LOL !
  • kriebelkouskriebelkous Member
    edited January 2016
    Bumblez said:
    other maybe than the fact that Emile is way too optimistic in his estimates. 

If @Emile wasn't an optimist he would have had a "F&$k this" moment a long time ago. 
    Ran and would be enjoying his new shack away from society in Alaska. Living of the land in peace with his homey homey and homey's homeys. 

All the Athom team needs is support and to have a little more luck. 
    Luck can be enforced if you dig in, keep going and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k8craCGpgs
    The support part is partly on us. 

And @emile.. when things get rough.. Just let someone assemble homeys while playing the "eigen huis en tuin"  theme.. Its not possible being irritated while doing that. 
  • STOP pushing.....     I am nevios enough.        It has no sence to keep pushing.
    @emile ; if possible, please post a picture for the weekend.   The last picture calmed me down.
    THERE      ARE    HOMEY'S..    everybody could see them.     when ready , then they be shipped.
    it can not take long anymore.
    ;)    
  • Emile said:
    Our production seems to be working again. We still have a few minor bugs that make it a little bit slower than we'd like, so we'll probably squash them tomorrow, and then we can go go go!
    Curious if it's go go go time :)
  • Surrounded by good vibrations;
    Also very curious  <3
  • that's the spirit guys
    :)
  • The community is buzzing, vibrating and waiting on the GO GO GO news!
  • Emile said:
    Our production seems to be working again. We still have a few minor bugs that make it a little bit slower than we'd like, so we'll probably squash them tomorrow, and then we can go go go!
    I'm curious if it is a go go go or a no no no?

I fear a no since there was no news posted the day after this post was made  :(
  • I still think Homey is a game changer in the domotica area, enjoy the ride as early adaptor and do not worry about the delays.
  • DaneeDeKruyffDaneeDeKruyff Member
    edited January 2016
    Oh, I don't worry about delays, I do worry about the lack of communication. Poor communication has never been good for a company and since my future usage of homey depends on athom it worries me.
  • Oh, I don't worry about delays, I do worry about the lack of communication. Poor communication has never been good for a company and since my future usage of homey depends on athom it worries me.

I'm glad they are working on the right priorities, create a perfect product to all our demands. If they only did great communication i would be worried. If needed there is communication, while there is only a very small group of owners there is a lot of buzz going on and forum discussions of features. Never seen that from other brands.

But @DaneeDeKruyff what type of communication are you missing? Perhaps the community or someone from @Athom can answer your question.
  • Oh, I don't worry about delays, I do worry about the lack of communication. Poor communication has never been good for a company and since my future usage of homey depends on athom it worries me.
    So you are committed. Great, now enjoy the ride. 
  • EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    Production is going pretty good! We're still optimizing to make it faster, but at least we can produce continuously :-) Next week I'll have new shipping estimates ready, because then we know the real production speed.

Enjoy your weekend y'all!

• Nice! Thanks for the update @Emile !
  • @Emile Same to you! have a great weekend and thanks for the update.
  • Keep up the good work, and have a nice weekend @Emile
  • Thank you for informing us @Emile ;
  • Great news!
  • :heart: , more bugfixing time!!

Great job, keep up the good work and enjoy the weekend!
  • 10Q! Good start of the weekend for everyone. Have a nice one.

• edited January 2016
    Great to hear all this progress. A bit disappointed that no batch has been sent today. Wish i had more time on my hands to help out. Having said that, any bugs on github available that i might squash for you?
  • Good to hear @Emile. Perhaps it is usefull to post this message also in the Status & Shipment topic?
  • Yes, please @Emile update the sticky topic as well.

• The men need some space and good sleep for next week's go go go go go and bug fixing!

Please give the men some space time and love!

:heart:
  • MarcoF said:
    The men need some space and good sleep for next week's go go go go go and bug fixing!

Please give the men some space time and love!

:heart:
    ..is the MarcoF hacked? :lol: 

Serious, that's the attitude dude :wink: 
This discussion has been closed.