This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Tado thermostat

Hi All,

Will Tado be supported? Looks like they are doing some nice work also with the radiatorknobs.

Comments

• RobinRobin Member
    edited December 2015
    Hi there!

They don't have an open API currently, but we are talking with them to see if we can make their thermostat talk with Homey! 

Robin - App Developer at Athom
  • Robin said:
    Hi there!

They don't have an open API currently, but we are talking with them to see if we can make their thermostat talk with Homey! 

Robin - App Developer at Athom
    I hope the airco as well 
  • Good news! I really like their thermostat and the upcomming radiatorvalves.
    Would like them to talk to Homey!
  • Tim_Brass said:
    Good news! I really like their thermostat and the upcomming radiatorvalves.
    Would like them to talk to Homey!
    Seems to be a cheaper option compared to the Honeywell Evohome system. Looks like you get two valves for € 79,- which is half the price of Honeywell's. That makes it interesting! To bad it's not on the market until Q3 2016.
  • That 79 Euro's is for a starter kit. I already use tado for my main heating (underfloor livingroom) I assume I can order those valve seperately in order to operate the radiators on the 1st floor and in the attic. So far it looks like a really nice system to me.
  • @Robin could you keep us informed on the progress in regard to tado° support?
  •   jovink said:
      I hope the airco as well 

+1
  • I have a call with them this week for getting access to their official API. It all depends on the Business Case that they perceive with Homey. I'll do my best ;)
  • Stefan said:
    I have a call with them this week for getting access to their official API. It all depends on the Business Case that they perceive with Homey. I'll do my best ;)
    Good luck! :smile: 
  • Good luck! I'm currently looking into a Multi Zone solution that can communicatie with homey, so"I'm very interested how it will turn out!
  • @Stefan could you give us an update?
  • Good luck! I'm currently looking into a Multi Zone solution that can communicatie with homey, so"I'm very interested how it will turn out!
    +1 We're looking into multi zone heating as well, and want it to be compatible / controlled by Homey.
  • @Stefan & @Robin ;
    How are things going with tado°? 
  • I'm looking into zone heating with tado° and hopefully homey.

Here is the advise I got from tado° in order to have zone heating and floor heating:

Use an additional thermostat (tado°) and link it to an electic valve. (potentiaal vrij relais) Then you can treat this your floor heating as a separate zone. For you radiator (upstairs) you can use our smart-radiatorvalves available in Q3 2016.

Is there a user here with the expertise to help and advise me?

I really hope that Homey could “talk to” tado° so I can control my zone heating from homey.

• @Tim_Brass going to asume you got an answer by mail or phone from Tado, is it an option you introduce Homey to them and ask for support when in Q3 the smart-radiatorvalves are there and if there is more info about it now (estimated retail price).

I'm in doupt if it is competive or not and if i schould wait to get things going on homey before that time as Q3 is starting to use heating in the fall period.
  • Hi tunf,

Stefan has been in contact with tado as you can read above. I'm curious what the outcome of the call with them was.
    Could you inform us @Stefan ?
  • I inform Tado too, but i haven't a reply now,@tim brass:please do it too, we dont  lose any thing when we tado give an Information. When more Homey users giving a Feedback to Tado its more better. 
  • Thats the answer from Tado 

The Api is in the Roadmap i Q1 2016...sorry for no more answers
  • That is in line with the launch time of the Homey.
  • The Woman write me Puplic API, i hope that is enough for the Athom Te, maybe Stefank can sayore in a Month
  • Answer from Tado (in Dutch):
    Imke Schmitz (tado° Help Center)
    Bedankt voor je antwoord. Onze API zal publiek worden gemaakt in het eerste kwartaal van 2016 (exacte publicatiedatum is nog niet bekend). Bedankt voor je geduld!
    Met vriendelijke groeten,
    Imke
    tado°

Translation:
    Thank you for your answer. Our API will be made public in the first quarter of 2016 (exact release date is not yet known). Thank you for your patience!
  • HellHoundHellHound Member
    edited April 2016
    An unofficial Tado app for Homey can be found in the following Github repo:

https://github.com/hellhond/com.tado

Be aware that Athom is also working on an official Tado app, but this is only possible when Tado makes their API public. The above application is not related to the Athom Tado app that will be released in the future.
  • edited April 2016
    @Stefan  is there any news yet about the official Tado support? Want to buy a "Homey Compatible" thermostart soon :smile:
  • Officially I haven't heard back from them, but I guess that @HellHound  can release his app in our App Store pretty soon, so 'it will work'. A full (OAuth, etc) API is still not announced to us though, so I also cannot give you any timeline on the official way unfortunately.
  • Cheers, thanks for the quick response!
  • honeyhoney Member
    You can also connect homey with tado via IFTTT. Tado will add further triggers and actions to IFTTT in the near future. 
  • I'm no big fan of the reliabillity of IFTTT a Homey app would be my preference.....
    Hope @HellHound can release his app soon.
  • Agree with @Tim_Brass . Don't want to rely on an extra service for controlling my heating system.
  • Unofficial Tado app published in the Homey App Store.

https://apps.athom.com/app/be.geekness.tado