This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

How to avoid closing sunshades when partly cloudy

BerendBerend Member
edited June 2018 in Questions & Help
Hello, 

Preamble: I recently bought a Homey mainly to automate the all different sunshades and rollers in my home. They are about 10, some on the east and some on the west side of the house. The target is to minimise the aggregation of heat from the sun, as well as to minimise the time the sunshades are uselessly closed. I am currently testing flows in order to get as close as possible to this target and logging the roller open/close orders Homey generates.

Now my (expectedly first) problem: during the partly clouded weather of today below flows generate too much orders to close/open the rollers. I expected to avoid this problem by using a Countdown hoping that Homey would reconsider the order during that countdown (in my flows 300 seconds) when the sun would be gone. This apparently doesn't work. See the screenshots of my flows below. 

My kind question is if anybody of you have an idea to solve my problem? Thanks in advance!

Berend

F1 (for testing purposes a push notification is sent, as well as a sentence added to the log when this flow meets its criteria)

F2

F3 (for testing purposes a push notification is sent, as well as a sentence added to the log when this flow meets its criteria)

Comments

• I try solve this by creating a range
    if lux is > 100 activate sunscreens
    if lux is < 80 deactivate sunscreens

potentially you could also add a timer as in your example to avoid to much fluctuation, then integrate timer into both flows as “and” condition ? 
  • BerendBerend Member
    Hello Jeroen_s. First question: how does it currently work for you? Second: as a newly I really haven no clue how to create flow according your suggestions. Are you able to explain it more or provide a screenshot?