This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Fibaro

First flow (heating)

BlackDog65BlackDog65 Member
edited June 2018 in Questions & Help
Hi, completely new to Homey. Just moved over from Zipato and Domoticz before that. My homey arrived yesterday and I'm eager to test it controlling my heating. However, I just can't get my head around flows.

I have Fibaro Heat Controllers on my radiators and a Fibaro Dual Relay that operates HW and CH on my boiler.

All I'm trying to do is to get Homey to switch the relay on when the Heat Controller set-point is reached i.e. calling for heat (and off when it isn't) but I don't even have a starting point. There's something I'm not getting about flows and the penny hasn't dropped yet.

I hope some kind person can point me in the right direction as 24hrs of Googling has given me sore eyes :s
Heating control is my No.1 priority as everything else is a bonus and will come in time... I hope ;)

Many Thanks
Sean
Tagged:

Comments

• JaxcJaxc Member
    can you show what you already did to make a flow?? (screenshot)
    or/and a screenshot of you're devices paired with homey?
  • I've only added one Fibaro stat so far as all the others are in use on my old system. "Heating" is a virtual switch/relay as the "real" one is also in use. I also added a virtual stat but I don't think I'll need it as the Fibaro  stat appears to have similar function.
    As for my flow... well I haven't a clue. I just don't seem to grasp the logic of it. :/

Thanks for getting back to me so quick :) 
    Sean
  • JaxcJaxc Member
    edited June 2018
    I guess you're flow should work ;) But it does not set a max or min  temperature, so you're heating keeps on heating when the temperature changes.

What happens when you drag the radiator valve also to the 2nd and 3rd colom?

• WillemWillem Member
    Hi Sean, 

Logic is the keyword in this. Here's a small example.

IF temperature has changed, AND Temperature is lower then 22 °C, THEN set temperature to 24,5 °C.
    Just drag that little bleu label from your IF card to the AND card, and fill in at what temperature your THEN card has to set the temperature. 
    For that logic card that's allready in your device now, there is even a 'Better Logic' App available. Just install this app from the Homey app store. ( https://apps.athom.com/app/net.i-dev.betterlogic

• Hi guys!,
    Thanks for the replies. :) I've progressed a little and it looks like I'm going to need to make heavy use of variables in "better logic" to get where I need to be. Also, I now grasp the concept of multiple flows, each it's own little building block of a much larger script.

One problem I was facing was the lack of an "Or" condition as in my current Zipato setup I have a virtual switch for each room/zone that comes on when there is a call for heat. These are grouped in a "If A or B or C etc. = On then Heating On". What I plan to do is create a variable that starts at zero and if a zone calls for heat it increases the variable by 1 or -1 as it goes off. That way, if the variable is >0 it turns on the boiler and <1 turns it off.

What I'm currently missing is a simple "Thermostat On" or "Thermostat Off" from each stat, rather than creating a flow to ask "Is the current Temp. above/below the setpoint.

I'm also loving the homey voice output to verbally let me now what is happening when I'm debugging :D

Thanks again and I'll post more when I have more progress as I'm sure others are interested in zoned heating from what I've found in the forum.

Sean :)