This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

[APP] Synology Surveillance Station for Homey

Comments

• jorden said:
    Justjomi said:
    Hi all, I bought a DS218j to manage my camera's and also because of this app. Most things I want, like detect someone and send a picture (of better video-stream) to my Android Touchscreen in my kitchen should work.

After adding this app to Homey, I have the same issue as other that I cannot link it with my NAS. I entered the local IP address, the port (5000 and tried 5001), my NAS username and password. What do I do wrong and/or is this NAS not supported?
    It should work. Can you try to run the app as a developer (some knowledge about npm, git etc is required), to see what the error message is?
    It would help if your app would return at least a short error description or code for normal users. I see that you don't have time right now to implement that.
    Is there anyone in this thread who could reproduce the error AND is a developer so he/she can see the error code?
  • since a couple of months the app does not trigger flows anymore. 
    maybe this is a know issue ?

Homey: 1.5.6-rc.8
    Synology Surveillance Station v1.2.9
    Time-range: couple of months not working
    tried: deleting app, deleting camera, re-adding camera to synology,

nothing seems to trigger the flow when i use "recording starts" value.
    does anyone know how to fix this  ?

• @Ziglar ; Known issue, you'll have to wait for the new version in a few weeks.
  • Hey Jordan, same (at least it looks like it) here.
    Installed the app, filled in the right data (ip/port/user/password) but nothing happens when hitting the 'Gegevens opslaan' button. Restarted the Homey, didn't help. Can I provide you with any information so you might be able to provide some help?
  • nwametze said:
    Hey Jordan, same (at least it looks like it) here.
    Installed the app, filled in the right data (ip/port/user/password) but nothing happens when hitting the 'Gegevens opslaan' button. Restarted the Homey, didn't help. Can I provide you with any information so you might be able to provide some help?
    If you run the app as a Developer, using the commandline tool, you can see error messages displayed. That will probably help.
    Last time someone told me that using the local IP didn't work, they used their DDNS address instead and then it worked.
  • JonJon Member
    edited February 2018
    Hi guys and especially @jorden. Was the issue already fixed with the Synology not sending IP-cam pictures anymore? I have a flow when doorbell is pressed, then let IP-cam (connected to Synology) directed to the entrance take a picture of the visitor and email it to me.
    It worked fine for about a year or so, then fall 2017 it stopped working. And never got back to work again. Really hope by now the underlying issue already has been fixed @jorden ?

*EDIT*. Now I remember what the issue was: I could not re-add my Foscam cams to Homey, via the following dialog.
    After hitting 'save info', I get a second screen with a spinner but then simply nothing happens, no list of Synology-connected cams popup or something like that.

• @jorden Alright, after some additional fiddling around, I got it to work. Somehow, even with the spinner not stopping nor disappearing, the Cams were added as a device to Homey. I could get my doorbell flow to work again.
  • Jon said:
    Hi guys and especially @jorden. Was the issue already fixed with the Synology not sending IP-cam pictures anymore?
    The Synology app still has the "old" image method, not the new Homey image tokens. I have to redo the complete app for SDK v2 but lack the time to start on it.
  • I've got a Synology, IP cams and a Homey. 

I really would like to get a picture on my phone from my camera if a movement sensor is triggered. Problem is; I am not really a geek. Is there an easy, understandeble way of installing this? Or am I still to early.. 
  • EternityEternity Member
    edited March 2018
    Both e-mail and Telegram work for me. 

Grab a screen (App) and have it send (App) after motion/alarm is detected.

In Telegram (with Screen Grabber):

With the Syno App:

• sussoxsussox Member
    edited April 2018
    Hi! 

Im trying to create some flows but im not getting the result i want.

Goal: When cameraX starts recoding, take snapshot as token and send in pushbullet notification.

What i have managed: When TestLight is turned on, take snapshot as token and send in pushbullet notification.
    Then when i turn the TestLight on, a snapshot is taken and sent with pushbullet. So thats fine.

But if i change "When TestLight is turned on" to "when cameraX starts recording" and move in front of the camera (it records in survaillance station), then nothing happens, no pushbullet is sent.. What am i doing wrong?

"Pulling" is enabled in the settings.. 

Regards Johan 
  • rickprickp Member
    edited April 2018
    This is/was a known bug. Not sure if it's fixed already. Tried the same with "if camera x starts recording sent a push message"  The trigger cards don't work
  • I tried to add the Synology NAS to the Homey, but get not futher than first form.

Did all of the below
    1. Make sure to add a user that doesn't require 2 factor authentication.
    2. Add the user to the 'administrators' group, because of the required permissions.
    3. Under 'applications', allow the user to access the Surveillance Station
    Port is 5001 and after pressing on the button: Save Data (Gegevens opslaan) nothing happens at all, no spinning wheel, nothing.

I do have https enabled and disabled http access (port 2001) .
  • Just tried and working here. Not using HTTPS tho. And plz make sure user/pass is correct.
  • user/passwd are correct. And I am not switching back to http. 

I realize after analysing my needs, that the flow actions I need are already in place in Surveillance Station itself and that works good enough for me. (only get e-mails with pictures from camera's where motion is detected).

Thanks for reply!.  Consider https as feature request.
  • I have Synology Surveillance Station v1.2.9 on Homey but the flow below is not working. The flow is setup as follows:

When Foscam camera starts recording, say "Camera" and send the push message “Opname gemaakt”.

This flow is working in the “test mode” and both the message and sound on Homey is working perfectly. Unfortunately although the recording is starting of the Foscam camera using Synology it’s not triggering anything. I can confirm that the Synology is recording and even I have enabled for now to send a push message via the Synology App (so not Homey App) to show the message like this “Synology Surveillance heeft bewegingen geconstateerd”.

Did all of the below:

• Homey - In the settings page under the Synology Surveillance Station section the email settings are working correctly and I have enabled the status checks.
    • Synology - Make sure to add a user that doesn't require 2 factor authentication.
    • Synology - Add the user to the 'administrators' group, because of the required permissions.
    • Synology - Under 'applications', allow the user to access the Surveillance Station

What is what I am doing wrong and what can I check more on this?

• wencew said:

What is what I am doing wrong and what can I check more on this?

Read a few posts up, around april 8.
  • Eternity said:
    The below steps made it possible to switch ON/OFF Synology Surveillance Station Home Mode.

Needed:
    - a Homey
    - Surveillance Station (SS) running on your Synology NAS
    - the IP:port of your Syno
    - On Homey you will need the App 'Http request flow kaarten" by Erik van Dongen
    - I have used Smart Presence too, but that is optional and depends on your needs.

If I test this flow, Home Mode is switched ON in SS:

And a similar flow can switch OFF the SS Home Mode.

Steps:
    - Open Surveillance Station (SS) in a browser
    - Open the settings page and make sure that 'actieregels inschakelen' is ticked:

- Click op the menu 'Actieregel' to open it and create a new rule (here you see my 2 rules I had created earlier):

- the following 4 screenshots shots show my settings for the new action rule:

*** NOTE 'OPDRACHT OPHALEN" !!!! ***

=> here I created the action to START Home Mode, in the other/second action rule I made Home Mode STOP home mode <=

Save the action rule. You are done with creating the first action rule. Do the same steps again to create the new/second action rule, but this time the action will be to STOP Home Mode.

And now to get the code, needed in Homey to set the Home Mode :-)

3 screenshots back you see the 'Opdracht ophalen' button. To get to that screen again, you can edit the action rule you created (select and edit). If you click the 'Opdracht ophalen' button, a box will open with the code you will need in Homey:

Here It shows the internal IP + port of my Syno, some nerdy stuff and where you should add your own credentials for 'account' and 'password'. Copy the code so you can paste it later on.

In Homey create a flow like the one in the first screen shot. Paste the code and add your own IP:port and credentials. BTW keep the " ..."  so it looks like this => ...account}="yours"&password="yours".

If you test it, it should start Home mode. Likewise, if you make a second flow with the other action rule to STOP Home Mode and paste that, it should stop Home Mode. Works for me!

On my phone, I see the Home Mode switch on / Off in the DS Cam App, when I test/run these two flows. 

As 'Smart Presence' works reasonably well in my situation (with 1 Android and two Apple phones), this flow does work for me too, where the SS Home mode AAN flow, will ...ehh...do what it says ;-):

@Eternity, does this still work for you? I can't get it to work.. Homey shows it sends te command but nothing happens.
    edited May 2018
    I have had some issues too, but blamed it on the presence detection not registering. I am leaving the house in a minute and will see if it is still working!

Tested via a flow to set the Home Mode of/off still works here.
  • Eternity said:
    I have had some issues too, but blamed it on the presence detection not registering. I am leaving the house in a minute and will see if it is still working!

Tested via a flow to set the Home Mode of/off still works here.
    thanks for the heads up. I started the flow via the homey app. All of the sudden it seems to work...
    edited May 2018
    Doing some more testing. Seems hit and miss right now. Cause is presence detection. 
  • For now I solved my problem:
    - Doorbird has not yet the possibility to select small portions of the image for motion (only large tiles).
    - I use  SurveillanceStation on my Synology NAS to send me E-mails when something moved on a Camera,  with the possibility to select very small tiles for detection area done by SurveillanceStation (very nice).
    - Synology app for Homey does not send motion detection trigger to Homey with me, what ever I try.

This is the solution:
    - Installed the app HTTP Request flow cards  on the Homey
    -In SurveillanceStation I now use an extra external action to the Homey:   

(with userid/pwd)  http://192.168.xx.yy/api/app/com.internet/DoorBird-Motion/Doorbird_MotionDetect

In Homey the get card and the Logic value :
    IF    HTTP-GET  Event:DoorBird-Motion  AND value=Doorbird_MotionDetect  DO  .... what ever you want.

I now get the motion detection trigger from SurveillanceStation, with the latest live picture from my Doorbird.
    WIth this trigger I now also can switch on the outside lights with a random delay between 55 and 180 seconds to switch off.
  • Eternity said:
    The below steps made it possible to switch ON/OFF Synology Surveillance Station Home Mode.

Needed:
    - a Homey
    - I have used Smart Presence too, but that is optional and depends on your needs.

Steps:
    - Open the settings page and make sure that 'actieregels inschakelen' is ticked:

- Click op the menu 'Actieregel' to open it and create a new rule (here you see my 2 rules I had created earlier):

=> here I created the action to START Home Mode, in the other/second action rule I made Home Mode STOP home mode <=

Save the action rule. You are done with creating the first action rule. Do the same steps again to create the new/second action rule, but this time the action will be to STOP Home Mode.

3 screenshots back you see the 'Opdracht ophalen' button. To get to that screen again, you can edit the action rule you created (select and edit). If you click the 'Opdracht ophalen' button, a box will open with the code you will need in Homey:

Here It shows the internal IP + port of my Syno, some nerdy stuff and where you should add your own credentials for 'account' and 'password'. Copy the code so you can paste it later on.

In Homey create a flow like the one in the first screen shot. Paste the code and add your own IP:port and credentials. BTW keep the " ..."  so it looks like this => ...account}="yours"&password="yours".

If you test it, it should start Home mode. Likewise, if you make a second flow with the other action rule to STOP Home Mode and paste that, it should stop Home Mode. Works for me!

On my phone, I see the Home Mode switch on / Off in the DS Cam App, when I test/run these two flows. 

As 'Smart Presence' works reasonably well in my situation (with 1 Android and two Apple phones), this flow does work for me too, where the SS Home mode AAN flow, will ...ehh...do what it says ;-):

Hi @Eternity
    Ik krijg het bijna voor elkaar. Het probleem is dat bij mij de HTTP poort 5001 is als ik "opdracht ophalen" doe en niet 5000 waardoor de http flow hem niet pakt. Krijg een rood uitroepteken. Heb jij een idee hoe ik dit kan oplossen? Thnx!

• Eternity said:

Needed:
    - a Homey

Steps:

Hi @Eternity
    Ik krijg het bijna voor elkaar. Het probleem is dat bij mij de HTTP poort 5001 is als ik "opdracht ophalen" doe en niet 5000 waardoor de http flow hem niet pakt. Krijg een rood uitroepteken. Heb jij een idee hoe ik dit kan oplossen? Thnx! EDIT: opgelost! 

Ik krijg het nu wel voor elkaar dat er een groen vink bij de "Dan" komt, echter gebeurd er niks op SS. 

http://192.168.2.111:5000/webapi/entry.cgi?api=SYNO.SurveillanceStation.ExternalEvent&method="Trigger"&version=1&eventId=1&eventName="This is external event1"&account=“{mijn gebruikersnaam}”&password=“{mijn ww}” 

Wat doe ik fout/ kan ik anders doen? 

edited June 2018
    Not sure what is going wrong. Mine is still working OK, although I had some problems recently, but these were related to a bug on the Android App.

Just to make sure, here is the url I use to switch ON the SS Home Mode (just change your IP:PORT and credentials):

http://IP:PORT/webapi/entry.cgi?api=SYNO.SurveillanceStation.ExternalEvent&method="Trigger"&version=1&eventId=1&eventName="This is external event1"&account="xxxxx"&password="xxxxxxx"

PS
    Check your {      I think you added these, but they shouldn't be. 
  • @Eternity

Thnx vor het meedenken en de hulp! 

Ik heb nu exact gedaan wat je zei en hij triggert maar niet.. Ik heb je vorige post zin voor zin gedaan en ingevuld. Zijn er nog bepaalde instellingen in de SS? Ik krijg wel het groene vinkje bij GET. Lijkt net of de SS het niet ziet. 
    edited June 2018
    @Braintje1986
    Feel free to PM me and we'll continue on Dutch and off-forum. 
    If solved you can post the solution here again. 
  • Eternity said:
    @Braintje1986
    Have send you an PM! 

• Eternity said:
    @Braintje1986
    Have send you an PM! 

Together with @Eternity solved te problem! The solution is to make a new account in the SS with admin rights. Thnx @Eternity for your patience and good thinking!