This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed Official

[APP] DoorBird for Homey

124»

Comments

• RemkoW said:
    Hello,
    I had some issues to get my Doorbird talking to the com.doorbird app.
    Diving into the issue, I found the problem in the sourcecode for the app. 
    I created an issue in github for this (with a solution).

Basically the handling of the MAC of the Doorbird in the app is incorrect.
    After solving this, communication between Doorbird and Homey works perfectly, flows are triggered,
    everything ok.

Still very happy with this app. Thanks for all the hard work creating it :-)
    Thanx for the research and the supplied fix. I'll check it this evening and will push it to the appstore.
  • PhuturistPhuturist Member
    edited May 2018

Latest version - 2018-04-26 -- v2.2.1

• FIX: fixed a bug which would cause issues with notifications for DoorBirds paired on v2.2
  • Thanks, got a new Doorbird, the old one gets verry hot.

Now with the new one installing didn't get the notifications to work in Homey,
    maybe with this fix its working again.
  • Thanks, it's working again and thanks for the great app, beer or coffee is underway :)
  • cautjecautje Member
    It is working!
    Great, THX!!!!
  • RichardR said:
    Thanks, it's working again and thanks for the great app, beer or coffee is underway :)
    Thanks to @RemkoW for the latest fix. The donation is much appreciated though!
  • cautjecautje Member
    Hi,
    I have a stange thing.
    I only have routed the doorbel card and the motion trigers are been sent to my app and email.
    Someone anny clue what is going wrong?

THX!!

• You probably have not configured the schedule in the app correctly. See the instructions in the description of the app store.
  • cautjecautje Member
    Strange, i can only set alarm or motion.
    Not both. Is that normal?

• As mentioned, please read the instructions in the app store description. I have pasted them below here, follow them to the letter!

• Open the DoorBird smartphone app, go to the administration area and select the '3D motion sensor settings' option
    • Set the pause between alarm option to your preference (during the period no new events will be send to Homey)
    • After that select the the 'Schedule for actions' option
    • On this page select 'HTTP calls' from the top left icon pull down and select 'Homey Motion Trigger' from the top middle menu and click op the top left menu to fill the schedule (or configure it to your preference, this determines when the DoorBird will send motion events to Homey)
    • Go back and select the option 'Schedule for doorbell'
    • On this page select 'HTTP calls' from the top left icon pull down and select 'Homey Doorbell Trigger' from the top middle menu and click op the top left menu to fill the schedule (or configure it to your preference, this determines when the DoorBird will send doorbell events to Homey)
    • Test your settings, everything should be setup now to receive events from your DoorBird within Homey
  • _Marco__Marco_ Member
    • Open the DoorBird smartphone app, go to the administration area and select the '3D motion sensor settings' option
    • Set the pause between alarm option to your preference (during the period no new events will be send to Homey)
    • After that select the the 'Schedule for actions' option
    • On this page select 'HTTP calls' from the top left icon pull down and select 'Homey Motion Trigger' from the top middle menu and click op the top left menu to fill the schedule (or configure it to your preference, this determines when the DoorBird will send motion events to Homey)

• Go back twice and select the option 'Schedule for doorbell'
    • On this page select 'HTTP calls' from the top left icon pull down and select 'Homey Doorbell Trigger' from the top middle menu and click op the top left menu to fill the schedule (or configure it to your preference, this determines when the DoorBird will send doorbell events to Homey)
    • Test your settings, everything should be setup now to receive events from your DoorBird within Homey
    • Go back twice and select the option 'Schedule for doorbell'
    It seems to be the same, because it's a copy the 3D sensor settings, but can be set independent.
  • cautjecautje Member
    edited May 2018
    @_Marco_ ; and @Phuturist
    Go back twice dit the trick!!! THX!!!! i dit not read it right before.

The doorbell is working now!

Movement is also working but seems not to respect the zones, these zone is working for the doorbird app motion push messages but not for the http callst o homey.
    Is there also a fix for this?

THX!!!
  • cautje said:
    @_Marco_ ; and @Phuturist
    Go back twice dit the trick!!! THX!!!! i dit not read it right before.

The doorbell is working now!

Movement is also working but seems not to respect the zones, these zone is working for the doorbird app motion push messages but not for the http callst o homey.
    Is there also a fix for this?

THX!!!
    You should submit a bug to hello@doorbird.com . Appearently the notifications are send regardless the zones, there is no way Homey can know this. So it's a bug with the Doorbird API.
  • cautjecautje Member
    Hi Guy's,
    I have contact with Doorbird, the next version of the API wil respect the zones made in the App.
    I also ask if it is possible to have smaller zones but this is not possible by limitations of the movement sensor.
    THX!

• Did they give a time frame when this API will be published?

I now get notification from everything the doorbird sees, to much information ;)

• For now I solved my problem:
    - Doorbird has not yet the possibility to select small portions of the image for motion (only large tiles).
    - I used already SurveillanceStation on my Synology NAS to send me E-mails when something moved on the Doorbird,  with the possibility to select very small tiles for detection area done by SurveillanceStation.
    - Synology app for Homey does not send motion detection trigger to Homey (bug).

This is the solution:
    - Installed the app HTTP Request flow cards  on the Homey
    -In SurveillanceStation I now use an extra external action to the Homey:   

(with userid/pwd)  http://192.168.xx.yy/api/app/com.internet/DoorBird-Motion/Doorbird_MotionDetect

In Homey the get card and the Logic value :
    IF    HTTP-GET  Event:DoorBird-Motion  ND value=Doorbird_MotionDetect  DO

I now get the motion detection trigger from SurveillanceStation, with the latest live picture from the Doorbird.
    WIth this trigger I now also can switch on the outside lights with a random delay between 55 and 180 seconds to switch off.
  • Hi, thanks for the Doorbird app. Works great in combination with danalock.

My doorbird got it's ip changed. I cannot seem to chnage the ip in the Doorbird app? Also tried re-install.
    Any hints on that?

Thanks in advance,

Sander
  • Hi, thanks for the Doorbird app. Works great in combination with danalock.

My doorbird got it's ip changed. I cannot seem to chnage the ip in the Doorbird app? Also tried re-install.
    Any hints on that?

Thanks in advance,

Sander
    Sorry, already found it. Has to be changed in the device, not the settings screen.
  • _Marco__Marco_ Member
    edited July 2018
    Is it possible to add the Doorbird motion detection to the Homey alarm_motion capabiity?
    Then Heimdall can use the motion also for alarm detection.

If your Doorbird doorbell doesn't show up in the settngs page of Heimdall it's motion detection is not mapped to Homeys alarm_motion capability. A Ring doorbell does have it's motion detection mapped to the alarm_motion capability and thus shows up in Heimdall.

Previously I wrote this:
    _Marco_ said:
    - Synology app for Homey does not send motion detection trigger to Homey (bug).
    It''s now working fine now, but the region is still to large (Doorbird api change waiting).

• _Marco_ said:
    Is it possible to add the Doorbird motion detection to the Homey alarm_motion capabiity?
    Then Heimdall can use the motion also for alarm detection.

If your Doorbird doorbell doesn't show up in the settngs page of Heimdall it's motion detection is not mapped to Homeys alarm_motion capability. A Ring doorbell does have it's motion detection mapped to the alarm_motion capability and thus shows up in Heimdall.

See my reaction in the Heimdall thread. I already utilize the alarm_motion capability. My guess is that the Heimdall app only filters the devices with the sensor device class while the DoorBird has a "doorbell" device class. This needs to be confirmed by the author of the Heimdall app.
  • Hi guys, My new doorbird on itself is working fine. Now the integration in Homey, adding the device etc is working splendid but when coming to the settings screen and adding the HTTP URL/ relay trigger events thing go less well.  After pushing both buttonsit says successfull however..the HTTP tab in the Admin console in the doorbird app stays empty. Hence I cannot add the HTTP calls to the schema at the 3d motion and doorbell tab's.

any suggestion what goes wrong?
  • Could you check the DoorBird firmware version. They are rolling out 0112 atm and I suspect it might be related to that. I cant test however as I have not received the update yet. You can check it under the DoorBird device settings within the smartphone app at the bottom of the screen.
  • DaneeDeKruyffDaneeDeKruyff Member
    edited July 2018
    Just here to inform everyone that uses Heimdall (Shameless plug ;) ) and a DoorBird you can now also use your DoorBird as as a Motion Sensor in Heimdall

Thanks @Phuturist for your help!
  • tnesheimtnesheim Unconfirmed, Member
    I´d like to make the "Relay trigger" button in the Doorbird-app trigger a flow in the Homey. Apparently this should be easy, but I cannot make it work. Is there a bug, or just me not able to follow the instructions?
  • tnesheim said:
    I´d like to make the "Relay trigger" button in the Doorbird-app trigger a flow in the Homey. Apparently this should be easy, but I cannot make it work. Is there a bug, or just me not able to follow the instructions?
    I'd say it's you not being able to follow the instructions since I wrote the instructions. But it seems one of the latest smartphone app updates has changed something that has not been updated in the description of my Homey app. You need to schedule the HTTP call under "administration > relays > HTTP calls" and select the "Homey Relay Trigger" and schedule it for the time you want it to be active. 

I'll update the description when I get back from holidays.
    Thanks for quick response! I´ll keep trying following the instructions.

When pressing the "key symbol button" in the Doorbird app a message shows up telling me that the relay is triggered.
    I have also configured the "administration > relays > HTTP calls" like this

Problem solved...I had to restart the Doorbird. So I guess that the standard IT Service Desk question "have you restarted the device" is highly valid!!!

Anyway, thanks for a great app!
  • tnesheim said:
    Problem solved...I had to restart the Doorbird. So I guess that the standard IT Service Desk question "have you restarted the device" is highly valid!!!

Anyway, thanks for a great app!
    Good to hear it's solved. I'll add the hint to restart the DoorBird to the description as well.

And thank you for the donation, it's much appreciated!
  • Athom is switching to a new forum, read the announcement here.

This support thread will be continued here: https://community.athom.com/t/115 
This discussion has been closed.