This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

BroadLink Support ?

Hi All 

I just recently bought a BroadLink RM pro because it can learn RF signals (a feature really missing in Homey :-(). I will need to use this for my Tubular blinds motor. It works really great and so far it has learned all the RF signals i have tried :-).

But there is no app for it in the Homey App store and i was thinking if it was possible to do an App for BroadLink at all.
So my question is if anyone have tried to connect a Broadlink device or is anyone working on an app for the app store ?...

Again my hope is that Homey will one day be able to have the same ability :-)

Comments

• In the meantime you could host this: 
    https://github.com/radinsky/broadlink-http-rest

on a Raspberry Pi and use the http app through Homey
  • techniman said:
    In the meantime you could host this: 
    https://github.com/radinsky/broadlink-http-rest

on a Raspberry Pi and use the http app through Homey
    Well.... thats a good excuse to buy the Rasberry ;-)..... But all that, just because we can´t teach Homey 433....

But thank you very much for input, I will but a Rasberry on my wishlist for Christmas
  • RemkoWRemkoW Member
    just to let you know, there now is an app for Homey which supports the RM mini :-)

• Pietje5Pietje5 Member
    RemkoW said:
    just to let you know, there now is an app for Homey which supports the RM mini :-)

Good work!
  • Great timing.
  • RemkoW said:

Perfect and good work. But there also coming supports for the devices of Broadlink SP1 and SP3 and RM Pro. 
  • Pietje5Pietje5 Member
    ordered one inmidiatly  ;)
  • Hope works with RM pro
  • RemkoWRemkoW Member
    The app I wrote (now available in Homey's app store :-)  ) currently supports the RM3 Mini (aka. Blackbean). Adding support for RM pro, SP1, SP3 is possible, but I cannot test if it works, as I (currently) do not own one.
    If anyone finds issues, or has feature requests, let me know via 'report an issue' in the app store  :)

• androidfroyoandroidfroyo Member
    edited June 2018
    I tested . With RM pro 3. 

I added the IP address, click add and it shows "Found another device: RM2 Pro Plus3", but nothing happens after that.  

What is supposed to happen?
  • Hi there,

I am happy to see Broadlink working with Homey.

Can you tell me do you consider to integrate Broadelink A1 air quality sensor?

http://www.ibroadlink.com/a1/

Thank you!
  • RemkoWRemkoW Member
    @mhecimovic : I am now working on the the A1 sensor. Although I do not own one, I can test the implementation with a rm3-mini (it just does not give any usefull values for light,air quality, etc).
    I will make it available end of this week.

• RemkoWRemkoW Member
    @androidfroyo: What you see here is that the app discovered a broadlink device, but that the device identified itself as a 'RM2 Pro Plus'. As this is not a 'RM3 mini', the app tells 'sorry, no can do'  :-)
    I have made a change in the app, so it will also work for compatible devices (i.e. it will work for the RM2 also).
    Planning is to make this available by the end of the week.

Note however, that maybe not all features of the RM2 Pro Plus are supported by the app, only the ones compatible with the RM3 mini :-(

• RemkoW said:
    @androidfroyo: What you see here is that the app discovered a broadlink device, but that the 2m0device identified itself as a 'RM2 Pro Plus'. As this is not a 'RM3 mini', the app tells 'sorry, no can do'  :-)
    I have made a change in the app, so it will also work for compatible devices (i.e. it will work for the RM2 also).
    Planning is to make this available by the end of the week.

Note however, that maybe not all features of the RM2 Pro Plus are supported by the app, only the ones compatible with the RM3 mini :-(

Ok. The only other functionailty is RF ? Butthat's fine. Thank you.

• RemkoW said:
    @mhecimovic : I am now working on the the A1 sensor. Although I do not own one, I can test the implementation with a rm3-mini (it just does not give any usefull values for light,air quality, etc).
    I will make it available end of this week.

Super! This is cheapest multisensor on market with VOC. Success is guaranteed !

Thank You!
  • RemkoWRemkoW Member
    @androidfroyo: some (very) good news: I found an implementation on github that can read the RF signals.
    So I extended the app with it :)
    Only problem: I cannot test it (don't own a device with RF).
  • RemkoW said:
    @androidfroyo: some (very) good news: I found an implementation on github that can read the RF signals.
    So I extended the app with it :)
    Only problem: I cannot test it (don't own a device with RF).
    Great. I can test. 

Let me know when your app is updated .
  • Hello there,

Great!! I hope Remko you will find also a solution for the SP1 SP3 and RM PRo.
  • RemkoWRemkoW Member
    @BibiMaxx
    The solution I already found, the time to add it to the app is however a different story <span>:smile:</span>

• RemkoWRemkoW Member
    A new version of the com.broadlink app is available: 1.1.0 -beta. It is in 'beta' state, as not all functionaly has been tested (currently I do not have a RF capable device). Several devices are added. The A1 sensor unit should fully work, the RF-capable devices might (!) work.
    If anyone wants to try, let me know how it went <span>:smiley:</span>

• Hi Remko,

That's great. Thanks man.I have already connect the RM PLO plus and it's connect perfect but i have to try out the rf signals or they are working. Have you also a solution for the socket sp3?

Thanks again
  •  I have tried it with the rf signals but it doesn"t work. After that i deleted the device and i install it again. After that i went to the athom homey app and go to the broadlink device. I open it where i can learn the ir command. I press on the button  and got the message "Something went wrong adressing device RM2 ProPlus(F1:0E:C3:0D:43:B4)invalid_device.
    I have viewed in my router and the IP adress is right  but the Macc adress is b4:43:0d:c3:0e:f1 (The wrong order) I didn't have these problems for this

• Just i restart the broadlink app and now i didn't got the message. But with the learn button rf i didn't get reaction
  • Hi Remko,

Also i tried the SP2 for the SP3 and it's work. On the PC software when i put the button on and off it's works perfectly except when i go to the athom homey app on my phone and i pressed on the button "on" it's work and when i pressed on the button "off" it doesn't work. When i leave the app and started it again and pressed the button "off" it's work. 
  • androidfroyoandroidfroyo Member
    edited June 2018
    RemkoW said:
    A new version of the com.broadlink app is available: 1.1.0 -beta. It is in 'beta' state, as not all functionaly has been tested (currently I do not have a RF capable device). Several devices are added. The A1 sensor unit should fully work, the RF-capable devices might (!) work.
    If anyone wants to try, let me know how it went <span>:smiley:</span>

Hi. I managed to add RM pro 3 to my homey devices. But do I need it to learn again the IR commands?

How do I get it to learn? In the devices page, I can get to the Learn IR command button. Am I supposed to click on that? The instructions say led will flash white, mine flashes red. Then i click on my aircon remote.

It seems to have learnt because there are some cmds.. Then i save.

But when i go and create a flow I can't find any rm pro 3 related device to add. Any clues?
  • viixviix Member
    edited June 2018
    Same experience here, I can detect and add the newer RM Pro 3 Plus.

I’m also able to learn IR (orange led on) in the settings page but when I select learn RF, nothing.

In the flows page, the RM pro device is also not available so I cannot add anything to any flows.

• Hi Remko,

So i told you that i have the socket SP2 used for my SP3 socket and it's works. I have many sockets SP3 and when i in the Homey app turn it on and off they working perfect but when i create a flow for one SP3 sometimes all go on and sometimes another socket goes on who i did not mention in the flow.

• RemkoWRemkoW Member
    @bibimax That's why it is a 'beta' version: some things probably do not work as expected :-)
    Concerning the RF: I brought a RM-pro-plus device, it will arrive here in 1 or 2 weeks. I'll get the RF working after that.
    About the flows: that should already work correctly. I'll look into it.
    @androidfroyo small question: the device you added, is it identified as RM_plus, or RM_pro? I just noticed the RM_plus is missing in the flow definitions :-(

• RemkoWRemkoW Member
    @BibiMaxx: I found the error in the flows :-), it would always turn off the device last initialized, not the device you wanted. the next version (1.1.1-beta) will have it solved.
  • Hi Remco
    Thanks for your reaction.