This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Speech recognition is not working after sending IR command

Hi, 

I have added a fan as an IR device in Homey and I created a flow so I can say 'Turn the fan on'. That works, Homey sends the copied signal from my remote to the fan and he will turn on or off. 

But, after sending that signal to the fan, I must restart Homey to get the speech recognition working again. Homey is not responding to the 'OK Homey' words after sending that IR signal.

Is that an known issue? I have my Homey for just 1 day now, so maybe  I did something wrong. 

Comments

• 2Be2Be Member
    It’s a problem I never heard off. I think you should make github issue
  • I have same issue when Homey sends an IR signal to my LG television. I need to restart homey to get speech working again.
    The problem only occurs when I use IR (either triggered by a flow or speech command).

I have the IR running for 2 weeks now and I recently upgraded to version 1.5.11

• 2Be said:
    It’s a problem I never heard off. I think you should make github issue

Ah. Then I will create one, one of this days. I see that @Twinkle has have this issue too, so maybe there are more people with this.
  • 2Be2Be Member
    Since I think it’s an crucial error I would also mail support@athom.com
  • BramBram Member
    @HomeyNiek Could you e-mail support@athom.com? It sounds to me like it is a bug!
  • Bram said:
    @HomeyNiek Could you e-mail support@athom.com? It sounds to me like it is a bug!
    Send! Would be nice if this can be fixed, but I guess that's not a problem for you  :)