This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official CommunityApp SDK2

[APP] Ring

DennieDeGrootDennieDeGroot Member
edited March 2018 in Apps

Ring

Current Version : 2.0.0

Athom app store:  https://apps.athom.com/app/com.ring
Github repository: https://github.com/denniedegroot/com.ring

Supported devices:

• Ring Chime (Pro)
  • Ring Stick Up Cam
  • Ring Video Doorbell (Pro)

Supported features:

• Detect doorbell presses (trigger flow)
  • Motion detection (trigger flow)
  • Let your Ring Chime ring (action flow)

Supported languages:

• English
  • Dutch

Issues or feature requests:

If you have any issues or feature requests then please create a ticket on the Github issue page.

Comments

• What features are available for this application?
  • What features are available for this application?
    I have updated the first post with supported features.
  • Hi @DennieDeGroot

I've just installed this app - I'm having trouble signing in , in the settings page. 

Can you help?

Cheers
  • @shahzadsk A new update will be release soon to address this issue. Ring has changed their authentication protocol so that is why it is not working.
  • @DennieDeGroot working again! Does battery % get reported - I'm not seeing this anywhere? 
  • Hans38Hans38 Member
    @DennieDeGroot, is it possible to add the normal Ring doorbell v1 to your supported devices.  please let me know.  the only functionality i get now is with the motion alarm and generic alarm.   Many thanks..
  • @Hans38 that is all the functionality currently supported for every doorbell as described in the opening post.

• @shahzadsk battery is supported, maybe deleting and re-adding your Ring device in Homey will work.
  • Hans38Hans38 Member

@DennieDeGroot ;

Supported features:

• Detect doorbell presses (trigger flow)
    when im in "flows" in the kolom when i got three option, >Battery level Change>motion alarm on/off>generic alarm on/off

there is no feature doorbell is pressed. or am i missing  something??
  • @Hans38 the 'generic alarm' is the doorbell press.
  • Hans38Hans38 Member
    @DennieDeGroot, NAIS.. and (on) states pressed?  wil have a go with it tomorrow..  don't  think i will make to many friends in the house when i start funding the doorbell @ 11 pm  cheers.. talk to you tomorrow. 

if you guys ever find  the  time and enough donations it would be very sweet if you could capture the feed from the doorbell of screenshot or so.. 
  • @shahzadsk battery is supported, maybe deleting and re-adding your Ring device in Homey will work.
    @DennieDeGroot, thanks for the reply. I tried this - but it's still showing a "-" in the battery icon when I check the ring device's settings in the Device section.
  • vandenbogerdvandenbogerd Unconfirmed, Member
    Hi @DennieDeGroot
    Tonight I installed your app, but trying to log in doesn't do anything now.

First I received some feedback that I was not allowed logging with the used method, and now I don't get any feedback at all.

Any idea on what's happening?