This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Notification of internet outages

Peet91Peet91 Member
edited May 2018 in Questions & Help
I am trying to figure out whether it is possible to receive a notification when the internet connection is lost. I know that it is not possible to get the notification at the exact moment when internet stops working. However, as soon as the internet connection is restored I would like to receive two notifications on my mobile phone namely:

- Internet connection lost (Time stamp; date)
- Internet connection restored (Time stamp; date)

The second notification is easy to make, see the attached image. The flow is triggered as soon as the internet connection is lost. When the internet connection is reestablished Homey will inmediately send an notification to my mobile phone.

However, the first notification is quite a different story. Somehow I would like to "save" the time and date as soon as the internet connection is lost. When the internet connection is restored this stored time and date should be send to my mobile phone. In that case I know the exact time when the internet connection was lost, restored and how long the internet was not working.

I tried it with Better Logic and CountDown (trigger) but you can not use the time of the last action in a flow. Furthermore, the notification should be send when the internet connection is restored and not at the exact moment when the trigger is started.

Do you have any clue whether this is possible or not?

Comments

• Peet91Peet91 Member
    Nobody has an idea whether this is possible or not?
  • MaanMaan Member
    Last week  my internet connection was down, when it came back online, homey did sent my all the mist notifications at once. In my case, doorbell and doorsensor. So maybe Homey does it by default. 
  • deWekkedeWekke Member
    can't you just write the date and time in a variable when you trigger "the internet is down" flow? When internet is back up you send a message with the value of the variable?

or am I missing something?
  • Peet91Peet91 Member
    The date and time is logged in a variable as soon as the internet connection is lost. Homey then tries to sent a message to my mobile phone but this obviously can't work since there is no internet connection.

Instead, as soon as the internet is working properly again the notification should be send including the time and date at which internet stopped working but I have no clue how to implement this.
  • Peet91Peet91 Member
    Maan said:
    Last week  my internet connection was down, when it came back online, homey did sent my all the mist notifications at once. In my case, doorbell and doorsensor. So maybe Homey does it by default. 
    Thought this suggestion was not working but just found an error in one of my flows. This indeed did the trick and everything is working properly now. Thank you.