This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Google Home: how to let him talk to Homey?

Does anyone has a clear step by step walk through how to connect a Google Home (mini) to homey?

I've searched the forum and based on that what I did so far (but no luck) was:
- set Homey to English 
- installed the Home Mini in my house wifi network etc. It listens to my commands.
- install Google home app on my android phone. 
- say "hey Google, let me talk to Homey".

It didnt work although according to this page it should have (https://www.athom.com/nl/ondersteuning/KB000048/
Searched quite a lot but did not find any good tutorial... 

Comments

• viktorviktor Member
    GH set to English also?
  • JonJon Member
    viktor said:
    GH set to English also?
    yes sure. I believe Dutch language is still not possible. GH is answering fluently and doing what I tell him (Philips Hue, Spotify  Google calendar, all work splendid ..) 
  • WiepWiep Member
    Installing google assistant on our phones was a problem ( English UK is required and even a vpn connection could be required)    After the phone connection was enabled with google assistant we could use  commands like.
    OK google tell homey to switch on all lights.
  • JonJon Member
    Wiep said:
    Installing google assistant on our phones was a problem ( English UK is required and even a vpn connection could be required)    After the phone connection was enabled with google assistant we could use  commands like.
    OK google tell homey to switch on all lights.
    I believe installing assistant app was only needed for iPhones right ? I'm on android. 
  • WiepWiep Member
    No there is an extended google assistant needed on your android phone. I know this is confusing but the basic assistant is not enough. I do use android phones.

• WiepWiep Member
    google home assistant app on play store
  • JonJon Member
    edited May 2018
    That is really confusing indeed. Well, i seem to have progressed, after switching to EN-UK. See the screenshot. But when tapping on Link Homey to Google, it doesn't seem to do anything... After tapping, the phone screen becomes darkish for a second and then doesn't do anything more.

• Isn't the homey app already supposed to be integrated with the Google Home Assistant?