This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed Official

[APP] Xiaomi Mi Home (supports Yeelights and Mi Home WiFi devices)

Comments

• djeskodjesko Member
    Phuturist said:
    djesko said:
    can i use the scenes that i see in yeelight app in homey  police etc 
    Nope, these scenes are not available thorough the Yeelight api.
    thanks, good app  anyway! 
  • Phuturist said:
    elfrigo said:
    Just want to report that I was able to get the token from IOS with Mi Home 4.7.1
    Also able to add the Mi Robot Vacuum (firmware 3.3.9_003096).
    Can only "start" and "stop" with Homey. No returning Home or change any settings.

Odd, thusfar you are the only one reporting this. There is a small issue with the change fanSpeed card which causes the spinner to spin endlessly. This is the only setting that can currently be changed, so I assume you are talking about this. The issue with this card makes it appear that nothing has happened while it actually did change the fanSpeed. Have you actually checked through the Mi Home app that the fanSpeed is not changed when using this action card?

How are you trying to update the vacuum cleaner state? In a flow or through the mobile device card, and in case of the latter, through the desktop, old mobile app or new mobile app?
    Same here.  I have the Mi Robot Vacuum V2 as well and I can only use the Start/Stop command as well.
    If I use the "back to docking" command, the unit just stops.
    I have tried to send this command through a flow, a virtual swith or directly via the device in Homey. None of these works.  Any ideas?
  • Phuturist said:
    elfrigo said:
    Just want to report that I was able to get the token from IOS with Mi Home 4.7.1
    Also able to add the Mi Robot Vacuum (firmware 3.3.9_003096).
    Can only "start" and "stop" with Homey. No returning Home or change any settings.

Odd, thusfar you are the only one reporting this. There is a small issue with the change fanSpeed card which causes the spinner to spin endlessly. This is the only setting that can currently be changed, so I assume you are talking about this. The issue with this card makes it appear that nothing has happened while it actually did change the fanSpeed. Have you actually checked through the Mi Home app that the fanSpeed is not changed when using this action card?

How are you trying to update the vacuum cleaner state? In a flow or through the mobile device card, and in case of the latter, through the desktop, old mobile app or new mobile app?
    Same here.  I have the Mi Robot Vacuum V2 as well and I can only use the Start/Stop command as well.
    If I use the "back to docking" command, the unit just stops.
    I have tried to send this command through a flow, a virtual swith or directly via the device in Homey. None of these works.  Any ideas?
    Yup, help identify the commands by reverse engineering as described here: https://github.com/aholstenson/miio/blob/master/docs/protocol.md

Or borrow / donate a Mi Robot Vacuum V2 to the author of the miio library.

It's impossible to reverse engineer the needed commands without the actual device. You can track progress here: https://github.com/aholstenson/miio/issues/130
  • JanPeetersJanPeeters Member
    edited May 2018
    Unfortunately, (reversed) programming is not one of my skills :-)
    Could I be of some assistance in giving you access to my robovac?
    I'm downloading BlueStacks/Wireshark and packetsender as we speak...

Edit: Bluestacks works just fine; no idea what I should do to monitor traffic in Wireshark...
    "the right networking interface which is used to connect your desktop to the internet" : where is this to be configured?

Robovac S50; version 3.3.9_001232 / Waiting to update to 3.3.9_001344
    Br,
    Gert
  • Unfortunately, (reversed) programming is not one of my skills :-)
    Could I be of some assistance in giving you access to my robovac?
    I'm downloading BlueStacks/Wireshark and packetsender as we speak...

Edit: Bluestacks works just fine; no idea what I should do to monitor traffic in Wireshark...
    "the right networking interface which is used to connect your desktop to the internet" : where is this to be configured?

Robovac S50; version 3.3.9_001232 / Waiting to update to 3.3.9_001344
    Br,
    Gert
    I see a recent pull request for the miio library may have fixed the issues with the Robovac S50. I'll merge this into my Homey app and will release an updated version in the app store soon. Hopefully that fixes the problem.
  • Cool!
  • JanPeetersJanPeeters Member
    edited May 2018
    *deleted*
  • Latest version - 2018-05-21 -- v2.6.4

• NEW: added trigger card for all status changes of the Mi Robot Vacuum Cleaner
    • FIX: fix the spot cleaning action card for the Mi Robot Vacuum
    • UPDATE: updated the miio library, this contains a change that hopefully will fix issues with the Mi Robot Vacuum V2
    Could someone test if this fixes the issues with the Mi Robot Vacuum V2?
  • gijsjegijsje Member
    It works Dusty is going home again
  • solenyysolenyy Member
    homey doesn't work with philips light bulb. What problem?
  • Peter_PPeter_P Member
    Hi,
    I connected Mi Air Purifier 2 to Homey. But I can only turn it on/off. There is no way to change the speed or switch to auto/manual mode.
    Mayby I'm doing something wrong? Is it possible to control modes via homey?
  • Peter_P said:
    Hi,
    I connected Mi Air Purifier 2 to Homey. But I can only turn it on/off. There is no way to change the speed or switch to auto/manual mode.
    Have you tried using the flow action card to change the mode. This was tested by other owners of this device. There does not seem a way to set the speed using the miio protocol.
  • _Marco__Marco_ Member
    Phuturist said:
    Ezdada said:
    Phuturist said:
    Ezdada said:
    uhm, sorry for the noob question  re: Xiaomi Gateway V2:
    I want to add the device,
    - where can I find the Token
    -  and what should be the polling frequency
    Read the info in the app store description on how to get the token. Using the default polling frequency of 60 seconds is fine.
    Sorry for asking, but I cant get it to work. I tried option two from the following link but i did not get any response from portable app. Any suggestions? https://github.com/jghaanstra/com.xiaomi-miio/blob/master/docs/obtain_token.md
    Best is to go with one of the options under 3, depending on your device. That should work for sure.
    I have search a lot for this link, best is to add this token information to the app description so that it will be clear that getting devices up and running is not so easy for everyone.

please also update the first post in this forum with links to solutions on this and other forums.

• _Marco_ said:
    Phuturist said:
    Ezdada said:
    Phuturist said:
    Ezdada said:
    uhm, sorry for the noob question  re: Xiaomi Gateway V2:
    I want to add the device,
    - where can I find the Token
    -  and what should be the polling frequency
    Read the info in the app store description on how to get the token. Using the default polling frequency of 60 seconds is fine.
    Sorry for asking, but I cant get it to work. I tried option two from the following link but i did not get any response from portable app. Any suggestions? https://github.com/jghaanstra/com.xiaomi-miio/blob/master/docs/obtain_token.md
    Best is to go with one of the options under 3, depending on your device. That should work for sure.
    I have search a lot for this link, best is to add this token information to the app description so that it will be clear that getting devices up and running is not so easy for everyone.

please also update the first post in this forum with links to solutions on this and other forums.

There is already text in the app desciption explaining that this requires some technical skills with a link to the actual instructions. Only thing I could do is move to text upwards for people who do not RTFM.

I'll add that same text with link to the opening topic.
  • Peter_PPeter_P Member
    Phuturist said:
    Peter_P said:
    Hi,
    Have you tried using the flow action card to change the mode. This was tested by other owners of this device. There does not seem a way to set the speed using the miio protocol.
    It works, but with problems...
    I created the flow for a certain time (switch Air Purifier 2 to the custom mode at 8am and send push notification). At 8am, notification comes, but mode does not switch.
    I go to the flow settings, push Test - nothing. Go to the device menu, switch Purifier off and on, go back to the flow, test it and its work!
    On next day same thing again. IP did not change.
    Have any idea what might be wrong?
  • Peter_P said:
    Phuturist said:
    Peter_P said:
    Hi,
    It works, but with problems...
    I created the flow for a certain time (switch Air Purifier 2 to the custom mode at 8am and send push notification). At 8am, notification comes, but mode does not switch.
    I go to the flow settings, push Test - nothing. Go to the device menu, switch Purifier off and on, go back to the flow, test it and its work!
    On next day same thing again. IP did not change.
    Have any idea what might be wrong?
    Yes, the miio library is not working optimally and commands to the devices time out. There is already an issue for this: https://github.com/jghaanstra/com.xiaomi-miio/issues/27

Best workaround for now is repeat the same action some seconds after the first.
  • Latest version - 2018-06-05 -- v2.6.5

• NEW: add support for Yeelight Desk Lamp
    • FIX: remove color capabilities for regular Yeelight ceiling lamp
    • FIX: fix type-o in temperature range for Yeelight ceiling lamp
    • FIX: fixed issues with color temperature for Xiaomi Philips Light Bulb
  • Roborock gen 2 works almost perfect now, most commands is delivered. Some times I need to send the command twice. But it does not report back. As for now, it is stuck in Homey with status "on" and "cleaning", even though it is back in the dock. Is this unique for the Homey implementation? I cannot see any issue filed on github for this...
  • If I bought the Xiaomi hub, is there any way to send commands from it to Homey and vice versa?

I.e. if I link a door sensor to the hub can it activating send a command to Homey?
  • vaderag said:
    If I bought the Xiaomi hub, is there any way to send commands from it to Homey and vice versa?

I.e. if I link a door sensor to the hub can it activating send a command to Homey?
    No, and there is a reason for it. You can connect most devices directly to Homey now, so there should not be any need in using the Xiaomi gateway for this.
  • Phuturist said:
    vaderag said:
    If I bought the Xiaomi hub, is there any way to send commands from it to Homey and vice versa?

No, and there is a reason for it. You can connect most devices directly to Homey now, so there should not be any need in using the Xiaomi gateway for this.
    Ah, but thats the reason I want to
    Homey's implementation of ZigBee has major issues for me
  • Hai Guys! In the last few weeks I had a few power cuts in my home. After the power went back on the connection between the bulbs and the Yeelight app came back. Unfortunately the connection with homey was completely gone every time. 

Can please someone tell me how to fix that?

• djeskodjesko Member
    Gertjan_V said:
    Hai Guys! In the last few weeks I had a few power cuts in my home. After the power went back on the connection between the bulbs and the Yeelight app came back. Unfortunately the connection with homey was completely gone every time. 

have seen the same problem sometimes  did put a powerbank as ups to homey and haven't seen the problem again.  
  • djesko said:
    Gertjan_V said:
    Hai Guys! In the last few weeks I had a few power cuts in my home. After the power went back on the connection between the bulbs and the Yeelight app came back. Unfortunately the connection with homey was completely gone every time. 

have seen the same problem sometimes  did put a powerbank as ups to homey and haven't seen the problem again.  
    Thanks! I’ll try that.
  • vaderag said:
    Phuturist said:
    vaderag said:

So, is it not possible or just not done/thought about?
  • vaderag said:
    vaderag said:
    Phuturist said:
    vaderag said:

It's probably possible but not done and will not be done as well. This app is to support the Wifi devices, not the Zigbee sensors.
  • Phuturist said:
    vaderag said:
    vaderag said:
    Phuturist said:
    vaderag said:

It's probably possible but not done and will not be done as well. This app is to support the Wifi devices, not the Zigbee sensors.
    But the Hub is a Wifi device and supported by this app, so presumably any further information passing from the hub would be via this app?

I'm genuinely at the end of my tether with the Zigbee support of Homey so please, if this is possible to pass information from the Xiaomi hub tell me what donation we need to build and I'll try and get it done... there are enough people in the Zigbee thread with similar issues that I'm sure would benefit from this kind of function (not to mention the reduction in resources used by Homey....)

• vaderag said:
    Phuturist said:
    vaderag said:
    vaderag said:
    Phuturist said:
    vaderag said:

But the Hub is a Wifi device and supported by this app, so presumably any further information passing from the hub would be via this app?

I'm genuinely at the end of my tether with the Zigbee support of Homey so please, if this is possible to pass information from the Xiaomi hub tell me what donation we need to build and I'll try and get it done... there are enough people in the Zigbee thread with similar issues that I'm sure would benefit from this kind of function (not to mention the reduction in resources used by Homey....)

You'd have to find someone with actual coding skills that is willing to add this functionality. I know the miio library supports the subdevices from the gateway but I would not know how you would be able to add these as seperate devices in Homey. You'd probably need to do some nifty stuff in the pairing wizard and the driver section.
  • vaderagvaderag Member
    edited June 2018
    Phuturist said:
    vaderag said:
    Phuturist said:
    vaderag said:
    vaderag said:
    Phuturist said:
    vaderag said:

You'd have to find someone with actual coding skills that is willing to add this functionality. I know the miio library supports the subdevices from the gateway but I would not know how you would be able to add these as seperate devices in Homey. You'd probably need to do some nifty stuff in the pairing wizard and the driver section.
    While that would be amazing, I'm actually not even thinking that low level - if it could just send a response under the same device that could be used in a flow (i.e. hub response = PIR1) then I'm essence you could trigger actions based on the individual device but still with only the one device...

Similar to how the Harmony hub triggers differndi activities, or the Plex app can activate on different 'players'
  • If replying to a post above your post, please don't use the quote button (i keep scrolling) ;) 
This discussion has been closed.