This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

LG air conditioner

Hi,

Would an LG Inverter V work with Homey? I could not find any apps for this, so is there any support out of the box for air conditioners? Maybe IR doesn't need apps like the others?

Comments

• It's probably not going to work. It probably works on IR, which doesn't work so well with Homey with normal IR transmitters... and those air conditioners use a special form of IR that also transmits the temperature etc, which is even more unlikely to work with Homey. Sadly!
  • Maybe you can use this 
    https://www.tado.com/nl/slimme-aircobediening

Don't know if there's a API. And someone have to build a app for it. 
  • Yeah ive seen the tado earlier, but I was hoping Homey was supporting it. That should be a priority for them to get working with all kinds of heaterpumps/air conditioners as most people have them and is an essential part of keeping the house warm/cold for most people.
  • iGitliniGitlin Member
    Yes, i have 3 air conditioners, i can learn Homey to IR command for my AC, but i cant use it as AC in Flow
  • KvMKvM Member
    I see the TADO works with IFTTT, maybe use this as a way to talk to homey?
  • HennieHennie Member
    All the latest LG AC's have the wifi option included.
    I guess that a smart person could make something like they did with the Nefit Easy thermostat. (Some broker service that polls the nefit website and relays information between the homey, thermostat and nefit. But then for LG.

I am looking to purchasing a LG ac within the next 2 weeks. The Daikin integration seems super beta and the standalone app doesnt look very good. The LG app seems much better.
  • KaylaNelsonKaylaNelson Unconfirmed, Member
    edited July 2018
    Very true. Air conditioning units are a valuable part of the home as they keep the family comfortable. When there is a problem with the air conditioner, it should be taken care of as soon as possible by a qualified professional. <<Link deleted by mod>>

• Hi,

Would an LG Inverter V work with Homey? I could not find any apps for this, so is there any support out of the box for air conditioners? Maybe IR doesn't need apps like the others?
    Please take a look at RM Pro device from Broadlink, affordable and nice to have. Since end of July there is an app for these Broadlink products. Controlling my airco with them too.. :-) 
  • Hi,

Please take a look at RM Pro device from Broadlink, affordable and nice to have. Since end of July there is an app for these Broadlink products. Controlling my airco with them too.. :-) 

Hi,

Seconded. I use it with my LG aircons
  • No i dont think it would work.
  • Alternative would be to use a Remotec ZXT-120 or ZXT-600 AC-master (Z-wave based AC controller).

Both devices have an extended list of supported AC’s that are being supported... including the LG’s.

The ZXT-120 is already supported by the Remotec app, the ZXT-600 will be in the next app update (initial support already available in the development branch at GitHub)