This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

[APP] ITEAD Sonoff

Comments

• it's a sonoff basic. I have tried to reboot it 21 times. but it still does not work
  • Can you create an issue here: https://github.com/robertklep/name.klep.sonoff/issues (it's easier to deal with than here).

Try and see if adding the device as a Generic Tasmota device works better.
  • Hi,

I was wondering if the Sonoff devices (like the Sonoff S20 Smart Home Plug EU Type F) support two-way communication. So, does the controller know if the device is on or of?

Regards,
    Patrick 
  • @Patrick1610 the Tasmota firmware confirms the state of the device after it has received a command to switch on/off. It's the confirmation that is used to reflect the state of the device on Homey.

I think that the original firmware does something similar, but I don't have any devices running that firmware anymore so can't confirm.
  • AlleAlle Member
    @robertklep is it possible to change the interval for temperature measurement?
  • @Alle at the moment, you need to change it through an MQTT message, there isn't a direct way of changing it from Homey (although I'm planning to add this as a setting).

Let me know if you need instructions (you'll need an MQTT client).
  • AlleAlle Member
    @Alle at the moment, you need to change it through an MQTT message, there isn't a direct way of changing it from Homey (although I'm planning to add this as a setting).

Thanks, i will change it through MQTT.. 

Shall i create a request on github for it ?
  • Alle said:
    @Alle at the moment, you need to change it through an MQTT message, there isn't a direct way of changing it from Homey (although I'm planning to add this as a setting).

Thanks, i will change it through MQTT.. 

Shall i create a request on github for it ?
    Not necessary, it's already on my TODO list :smiley:
  • @Alle just submitted v4.0.6 to the Homey app store, with which you can set the sensor update interval for TH10 and TH16 devices. Just have to wait for approval before I can publish it.
  • Just published v4.0.6.
  • AlleAlle Member
    edited May 2018
    Awesome :smiley:

Thanks @robertklep
  • woeiwoei Member
    I do not currently own any Sonoff switches yet, but I've got a quick question before I purchase them. I am using Hue lights which I want to permanently have powered. I am currently using a TBK switch with 2 buttons. One to toggle 230v (which I only use if Homey/Hue app might ever fail) and one switch to only send a zwave command to Homey. Homey then turns on the Hue lights with the correct color/brightness etc.

The thing is, I don't like the TBK switch. It's bulky, expensive, unreliable (zwave) etc... Can Sonoff be an alternative to this? Or can it only do switching of the 230v circuit? I was considering the model with 2 buttons and hardwiring one for 230v switching and leaving the second button unwired, but when pushed execute a scene. I would hope this could be used as a trigger in Homey to fire a flow (making Homey an execute device).
  • @woei I don't have any T1 devices (I assume you're looking at one of those?), but in theory, it should work exactly as you describe. The Sonoff devices I've tested don't rely on anything being wired to the outputs in order for it to report the "switch event" to Homey.
  • woeiwoei Member
    @woei I don't have any T1 devices (I assume you're looking at one of those?), but in theory, it should work exactly as you describe. The Sonoff devices I've tested don't rely on anything being wired to the outputs in order for it to report the "switch event" to Homey.
    Hi Robert, the fact there is a "switch event" was the information I was looking for. It makes sense to me I can make it work that way. It was just unclear to me whether it was just capable of receiving switch commands or if it also would send out information to Homey. Thanks for this! I noticed something about newer firmware original switches not being supported? Would the T1's bring me any trouble?
  • @woei sorry I forgot to mention that, but because of problems with the original firmware, most features (including support for multiple buttons for a device) are only implemented for devices that run the alternative Tasmota firmware.
  • Robert,

Do you know if the new Itead devices Sonoff S26 en Sonoff POW R2 are compatible with your plugin? 

Gr. Remco
  • @RemcoHannink they aren't explicitly supported, but as long as they are running the Tasmota firmware I think you can get them working without much problems.

Tasmota doesn't seem to explicitly support the S26 either, but I guess that if you configure it like an S20, it should work. The POW R2 _is_ supported by Tasmota, but in order to get it working with my app, you need to configure it like a regular POW (otherwise the app won't recognize the device, but I'll add that in a next release).
  • @RemcoHannink I just submitted v4.0.7 for approval, which should be able to detect the POW R2 (using Tasmota).
  • WiepWiep Member
    Hi Robert,  Thanks for making the sonoff app , just bought a series of basic switch devices to replace the KaKu 433 devices. Range is much better with wifi. Flashed the devices with espeasy to tasmota and used the MSQTT broker app.
    A small warning is to modify the TOPIC item on the device to unique names. Also had to restart your app  several times, problably due to mistakes I made in the configuration of the devices. But the end result is great and works more reliable then the 433 devices.
  • woeiwoei Member
    Hi @robertklep ,

I am probably missing something simple, but I cannot have the app find the device. Here are my steps:

- Upgraded the T1 2ch EU with Tasmoto firmware version 5.9.1.
    - Set up MQTT broker on homey
    - Configured Sonoff T1 device to connect to broker:

Broker is receiving messages:

Connect the app to the broker:

But then it just waits forever to find the switch:

Not sure if I am not understanding the process correctly...
  • @woei

• make sure you selected the "T1 2CH (Tasmota)" device in Homey when you started pairing
    • during the "Add Devices" screen, restart the Sonoff device (either by taking off the power or through its configuration screen)
  • woeiwoei Member
    @robertklep I'm not sure what you mean with select T1 2CH in Homey. I don't get the option to do so when adding a device. I go to add device, select Sonoff and then I only get the options "Original" and "Tasmota". I select Tasmota, at which point the waiting for devices screen appears. Restarting the switch at this point does not seem to help. The Sonoff switch itself is set up as a T1 2CH device:

• @woei yeah, the "Module type" is correct.

Not sure why it's not picking up the device. Which MQTT broker are you using?
  • woeiwoei Member
    edited June 2018
    @woei yeah, the "Module type" is correct.

Not sure why it's not picking up the device. Which MQTT broker are you using?
    The MQTT broker app on Homey itself

Can it be caused by the fact that I provide the app and the switch both with the same username/password? Our because the name of the switch is not the DVES_<something>? I changed it to something more reasonable.
  • @woei sorry, I missed this part:  I go to add device, select Sonoff and then I only get the options "Original" and "Tasmota".

You need to install the beta version of the app for proper T1 support, the stable version doesn't support it.
  • woeiwoei Member
    @woei sorry, I missed this part:  I go to add device, select Sonoff and then I only get the options "Original" and "Tasmota".

You need to install the beta version of the app for proper T1 support, the stable version doesn't support it.
    Ah, things faling into place now :-). I will install the beta. Its been a while since i've done this, but i'm sure I will figure it out. Thanks.
  • woeiwoei Member
    @robertklep so far results seem to be the same with the last available version on github:

I'm starting to feel quite stupid at this point ;-/
  • robertkleprobertklep Member
    edited June 2018
    @woei you should be able to install the beta from the Athom app store (go to https://apps.athom.com/app/name.klep.sonoff and click the link in "A beta version of this app is available. Click here to switch to this version").

The current (beta) version is 4.0.7.
  • woeiwoei Member
    @woei you should be able to install the beta from the Athom app store (go to https://apps.athom.com/app/name.klep.sonoff and click the link in "A beta version of this app is available. Click here to switch to this version").

The current (beta) version is 4.0.7.
    D'oh.. Here I am fixing my old nodejs versions on Mac OS, so I can use the dev tools to push this git branch to my homey using a generated token... While i should have simply clicked some link in the app store :-). I was able to add the device now and some quick basic testing seems to work!

Thanks for you patience. I hope this helps other people as well.
  • RemcoHanninkRemcoHannink Member
    edited June 2018
    Robert,

Today I flashed a Sonoff RF with the Tasmota 5.14.0 firmware.

Adding the device to homey as a Sonoff basic works 100% (type in Tasmota web interface set to basic and type in Homey set to basic).

But when I set the type in Tasmota to Sonoff RF and I try to add a Sonoff RF (Tasmota) device, the adding succeeds, but after adding I get the broken link saying: "Waiting for connection with device" resetting and re-adding the device does not help, neither does switching the Sonoff RF on/off with the physical switch.

Seems like a minor bug somewhere. When I add them as Sonoff Basics everything works fine.

Keep up the good work......

Remco