This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

2 flows with same trigger?

What happens if you have 2 flows with the exact same trigger, do they run in consective order?

My example 

I had a trigger that was

When Yale lock is unlocked AND downlight is off , Time is between 7pm to 7am THEN turn on downlight

It works though it's a bit slow.

Then I started to intergrate IFTTT and I created a new flow

When Yale lock is unlocked , THEN IFFTT flow (basically IFTTT flow sends email to tell me someone opened the door).

Does this work if I put the flows with the first one on top?

Or should I combine into one flow, but I can't figure out how to do in one flow, since the 2nd flow needs to run all the time regardless of conditions.

Thanks for helping in advance.

Comments

• jjtbsomhorstjjtbsomhorst Member
    edited May 2018
    I'm a bit confused. What is the goal you want to achieve? The flows work apart from eachother. So when yale is unlocked both flows will start but the first flow will stop if the time isn't between 7pm and 7am. The second flow should always run to completion. But the question is ofcourse if the iftt service is available etc.
  • Yes is meant to be 2 diff flows. So you saying having both with same trigger independently   will work?

Anyway I now switched it to 

Run the 2nd flow to trigger ifttt then it starts the first flow to check if it's in the evening and turn on light.

Seems to work. 

Not sure if this is better .

• Yes, you can make as many flows as you want with the same trigger. That's something we have here also. Always try to use the kiss principe ( Keep.it.simple.stupid). Homey doesn't care how many flows you have with the same trigger as long as you don't are going to do tricks like checking every 5 seconds if something has changed etc.
  • Hmm it isn't working consistently. 

No idea why. Sometimes the ifttt part works sometimes it doesn't . Same for the second part to turn on light.

The only pattern I can see is sometimes I get home, Homey led is no longer flashing the normal spectrum but has the yellow light.

What does that mean.
  • Oy1974Oy1974 Member
    edited May 2018
    Hmm it isn't working consistently. 

No idea why. Sometimes the ifttt part works sometimes it doesn't . Same for the second part to turn on light.

The only pattern I can see is sometimes I get home, Homey led is no longer flashing the normal spectrum but has the yellow light.

What does that mean.
    a simple search would do the trick ofcourse ;)
  • Could you make an screenshot of both flows? 

• I'm currently trying 2 email services - via IFTTT and email sender app to send email when the door is unlocked and then start another flow. So far, I've noticed no difference  if one triggers the other does as well to send email

The flow name unlock door is as below. 

Basically checks if is is evening and if light is already turned off, if so will Turn on light and sa "Welcome home".

I'ver tried it and it works usually. Except when it doesn't.

The only pattern I;ve seen where it doesn't trigger is when homey is glowing orange

KB says Homey is listening to your voice or talking back
     https://www.athom.com/en/support/KB000009/

As far as I know everything still works when it is in that mode, I can command lights to be on or off using google shortcuts and routines..but the open door flow doesnt seem to work any more until I reset homey.

• Hmm seems the problem (with orange ) disappeared after I remove voice as action,

But this flow is still working inconsistently.

Sometimes I open the door  after 6pm, the light turns on. Sometime it doesn't. 

The only pattern I notice is, the first time I come home after work (and usually I'm the first home) and open the door, it usually doesn't turn on the light.

But I then lock and unlock, the flow will usually trigger.

It's almost like Homey is "Asleep' cos of inaction initially. 

I also notice if I use Homey to trigger the follow , it always works. 

Any clues?

• Still can't figure this out, it works inconsistently. even though now I don't get the orange led ring problem.

Could be a bug in https://apps.athom.com/app/com.yale.lock

It's unlikely to be due to the zwave mesh, should my door lock from the inside is right next to my zwave switches and the zwave chip is housed next to it on the inside of the lock.

Anyway to confirm if the problem is due to the zwave mesh or not?

• viixviix Member
    edited July 2018
    keep it simple, do a flow with the lock and send a push message or add a simple log entry via paper trails.
    Does it execute? I'm using the samsung app by Automate Asia and experiencing similar issues.. the trigger doesn't execute also so it's a problem with the lock side of things which I think need to be fine tuned in the app.

If I were to lock and unlock with homey within the GUI, it works fine, but if I were to unlock via the physical digital lock, the lock doesn't immediately or may not even report at all to homey. not sure if the polling or the reporting is off. So it's either the lock or the app. nothing wrong with the flows or wave.

@limkopi78 any ideas
  • viix said:
    keep it simple, do a flow with the lock and send a push message or add a simple log entry via paper trails.
    Does it execute? I'm using the samsung app by Automate Asia and experiencing similar issues.. the trigger doesn't execute also so it's a problem with the lock side of things which I think need to be fine tuned in the app.

If I were to lock and unlock with homey within the GUI, it works fine, but if I were to unlock via the physical digital lock, the lock doesn't immediately or may not even report at all to homey. not sure if the polling or the reporting is off. So it's either the lock or the app. nothing wrong with the flows or wave.

@limkopi78 any ideas
    Ok i have the exact same issue.

When triggering via homey app or giving voice command via Google home or when testing in flow editor it works.

But when unlocking door its unreliable. 

Is so odd that both the yale and samsung digital lock by the same person has the same issue.

It looks like the same bug. I mean it cant be anything physical right ?

I was thinking of giving up an adding a door sensor but thats not as good as the digital lock which can tell if the door is opened from front (keypad , thumbprint ) from zwave or from back.
  • viixviix Member
    I believe @limkopi78's app was modded from another app. Both samsung's and the Yale app was forked from them hence abit more work is required to see how the reporting of the lock is currently working.. I understand a new Yale app has been updated recently. Have you posted an issue to github or contacted Dewei on the HAS Facebook group?

• Looks like automate asia posted something 

https://h4sh.automate.asia/blogs/guides-and-reviews/decoding-yale-z-wave-lock-with-homey

Trying to understand. 
  • Looks like automate asia posted something 

https://h4sh.automate.asia/blogs/guides-and-reviews/decoding-yale-z-wave-lock-with-homey

Trying to understand. 
    "Another disappointing point we noticed is that, the fingerprint locks do not send any Z-Wave status updates when you unlock with fingerprint! "

I figured this out a while ago but i find even keypad press sometimes works sometimes doesn't .

I did notice an update today to the app.