This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Bluetooth

[App] Xiaomi mi flora sensor/ropot community app

1235»

Comments

• koktailkoktail Member
    Robinjo said:
    when i do a search on the app store  i found 2 apps from your Mi Flora app: v1.1.0 and one in a blindspot. I'm confused... The one of Emile is gone?

About the two apps that are in the appstore, Emile and i decide that i'll take over his app and make is compatible with mine.
  • koktailkoktail Member

I've add a `deprecated` tag on the old app to take care of the confusing of the two apps.
  • ZiglarZiglar Member
    Ok, so i will uninstall the "deprecated" version and install the version:

Mi Flora

Leendert De Kok
     v1.1.0 - 02.04.18
  • koktailkoktail Member
    edited May 2018
    Ziglar said:
    Ok, so i will uninstall the "deprecated" version and install the version:

Mi Flora

Leendert De Kok
     v1.1.0 - 02.04.18
    You can install: `com.mi.flora:v2.0.0-alpha` that requires alpha access. If you had alpha access on  `com.koktail.homey-mi-flora` than you have access to `com.mi.flora:v2.0.0-alpha` as well.

There are 2 scenario's:
    1. You already use `com.mi.flora`.
      If you have alpha access you can upgrade to `com.mi.flora:v2.0.0-alpha`but due to the missing battery capability you should add all devices currently added to the app: `com.koktail.homey-mi-flora` again. 

2. You already use `com.koktail.homey-mi-flora`.
      Than you can install `com.mi.flora:v2.0.0-alpha` but due to making the drivers compatible with the app:  `com.mi.flora:v1.0.0-beta` you should add all devices currently added to the app: `com.koktail.homey-mi-flora` again. This means that you should configure the min/max thresholds again. And update the flow's that you are using with the app
    NOTE:
    You can also run the apps `com.koktail.homey-mi-flora` and `com.mi.flora:v2.0.0-alpha` parallel. And add the devices twice. That way you can migrate the settings of `com.koktail.homey-mi-flora` to the `com.mi.flora:v2.0.0-alpha` version.
  • ZiglarZiglar Member
    Okay, so i had access to the koktail version.
    i did not install the emile version.

i do not mind re-adding all devices, fix the flows etc.
    on the https://apps.athom.com/app/com.mi.flora i only see the beta v1.1.0

i have deleted the flora apps, which one do you recommend ?
  • koktailkoktail Member
    edited May 2018
    Ziglar said:
    Okay, so i had access to the koktail version.
    i did not install the emile version.

i do not mind re-adding all devices, fix the flows etc.
    on the https://apps.athom.com/app/com.mi.flora i only see the beta v1.1.0

i have deleted the flora apps, which one do you recommend ?
    You should use: `com.mi.flora:2.0.0-alpha` this one should be backwards compatible with the app's beta versions of `com.mi.flora`   but due to the missing battery capability it is not compatible. 

I've there are no issues with the upgrade from `com.mi.flora` to `com.mi.flora:2.0.0-alpha` i'll submit the app for beta.
  • koktailkoktail Member
    The build 2.0.2-beta is now public available. Due to the missing battery capability it is not compatible with 1.0.1-beta so repair is needed.
  • obeliksobeliks Member
    I move the plant sensor often and it would be nice that there was a notification of "Out of range"...
  • ZiglarZiglar Member
    18-05:
    removed all of the apps, installed the v1.1.0 version and added the sensors.
    all sensors reported 2 hours of temp etc.
    since then no reports.
    20-05
    the app updated itself but still no repors.

is this known or should i re-add the sensors again?
  • koktailkoktail Member
    edited May 2018
    Ziglar said:
    18-05:
    removed all of the apps, installed the v1.1.0 version and added the sensors.
    all sensors reported 2 hours of temp etc.
    since then no reports.
    20-05
    the app updated itself but still no repors.

is this known or should i re-add the sensors again?
    Version v1.1.0-beta is the old version of Emile. That version has issues with BLE connection. I've updated the app with my code. Thats version v2.0.0-beta. Are you using that one now? There are as - described above - not combatible due to missing the battery capability. You should repair the devices.
  • Hi, every day the measurements of Flora sensors stops. I reboot Homey everyday during the night and then it works for a few hours. Does anybody have this?
  • koktailkoktail Member
    edited June 2018
    Phaeton said:
    Hi, every day the measurements of Flora sensors stops. I reboot Homey everyday during the night and then it works for a few hours. Does anybody have this?
    Running stable for months here. What version do you use? What is the update interval?
  • Last version, update interval of 15 minutes. I think it is homey. But i cannot find a log to see if there are any errors. Homey version 1.5.9
  • Phaeton said:
    Last version, update interval of 15 minutes. I think it is homey. But i cannot find a log to see if there are any errors. Homey version 1.5.9
    So you are running mi.flora.com:2.0.6-beta? Have you tracked when this happen? You can make a flow that logs the updates to keep track.

1.5.9 should work. In 1.5.11 the BLE is much stable however. Can you upgrade to that version?
  • koktailkoktail Member
    edited June 2018
    There are still 18 alpha users from my old app: `com.koktail.homey-mi-flora:2.0.1-alpha`. If you are one of them, have you considered upgrading to `mi.flora.com:2.0.6-beta`?
  • rtnartna Member
    koktail said:
    There are still 18 alpha users from my old app: `com.koktail.homey-mi-flora:2.0.1-alpha`. If you are one of them, have you considered upgrading to `mi.flora.com:2.0.6-beta`?
    I am one of them. I'll migrate this week to 2.0.6 beta.
  • i've installed 2.0.6 but i can't find the sensors anymore. I have 2 and they worked fine with the koktail app.
    Why doesn't it work now anymore. i have disconnected de bluetooth from my fone so its not connected with the OEM app.
  • fke1964 said:
    i've installed 2.0.6 but i can't find the sensors anymore. I have 2 and they worked fine with the koktail app.
    Why doesn't it work now anymore. i have disconnected de bluetooth from my fone so its not connected with the OEM app.
    found it. removed the app. restarted homey and reinstalled it again. works fine now
  • RuudsRuuds Unconfirmed, Member
    Great app. I just trying to figure out, where to get the plant data, so i can set the ideal conditions for the plants.
    I used to use the flower care app. But now, I can't because I have paired the sensor to my Homey. Any ideas how to get how much water, sun and nutrition the plant need?
  • Ruuds said:
    Great app. I just trying to figure out, where to get the plant data, so i can set the ideal conditions for the plants.
    I used to use the flower care app. But now, I can't because I have paired the sensor to my Homey. Any ideas how to get how much water, sun and nutrition the plant need?
    Afaik it is a  ble beacon and only connects briefly, and you should be able to use both?
  • RuudsRuuds Unconfirmed, Member
    Ruuds said:
    Afaik it is a  ble beacon and only connects briefly, and you should be able to use both?
    Ah, thanks! Didn't know that. Now they are connected to homy and flower care! 
  • koktailkoktail Member
    edited August 2018
    Ruuds said:
    Ruuds said:
    Ah, thanks! Didn't know that. Now they are connected to homy and flower care! 
    You shouldn't connect to 'flower care' constantly. Close the app, or turn BLE off on your mobile. The app keeps connected to the sensors to provide you with realtime data. 

The app cannot connect to it when the BLE is not available.
  • I've been working on a html status report for the xiaomi flower sensor. The idea is that there is a trigger card: `de html report has changed` with a tag: `html report` that you can store in a variable. That variable can be send through email or pushed to a statusboard or something. Are there some designers here that want to cooperate with me? I'm more of a developer myself. I can invite you to a private channel in slack.
  • Hi All,

quick question; What values should I use for the Min\Max settings in the plant sensor to get reliable output? I do not really understand what these values stand for\do? Thanks in advance!

• koktailkoktail Member
    edited August 2018
    Hannes85 said:

Hi All,

quick question; What values should I use for the Min\Max settings in the plant sensor to get reliable output? I do not really understand what these values stand for\do? Thanks in advance!

The min/max setting is the threshold you can copy from the mobile `xiaomi flora app`.
    For example: Your plant needs to be between 20% and 30% moisture. If the value is below that threshold the `Sensor value is below the configured threshold.`  card condition will trigger.
  • Hannes85Hannes85 Member
    edited August 2018
    Great, thanks! so this does not impact the actual readings from the sensor. I am asking this as my sensor worked ok the first day but not it keeps saying that Humidity is 66%, which is impossible as it didn’t rain but still it went from 21% tot 66% and seems stuck there. Also lux appears to be “hanging”, even though readings are coming in according to homey 
  • koktailkoktail Member
    edited August 2018
    Hannes85 said:
    Great, thanks! so this does not impact the actual readings from the sensor. I am asking this as my sensor worked ok the first day but not it keeps saying that Humidity is 66%, which is impossible as it didn’t rain but still it went from 21% tot 66% and seems stuck there. Also lux appears to be “hanging”, even though readings are coming in according to homey 

It does not impact the readings. The readings are saved 1:1. Maybe you can look at the insights of the sensors? What is the firmware of the sensor?
  • The insights appear to be doing something but it is marginal and does not change the humidity of the soil in anyway. The firmware version is 2.7.0.
  • Hannes85 said:
    The insights appear to be doing something but it is marginal and does not change the humidity of the soil in anyway. The firmware version is 2.7.0.
    You use the sensor, not the ropot? Then you should try to update the sensor with the 'flower app' from xiaomi. The latest firmware is 3.1.8
  • Did that and now indeed it is running 3.1.8. I had the sensor sit outside in the garden en apparently it was too far away. Now I am getting much more reliable output! Thanks a bunch :)!