This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Solved

[Solved] Hoes does Homey know if someone is sleeping?

dennis91dennis91 Member
edited October 2017 in Questions & Help
Hi,

In the flows you can check if someone is sleeping or awake, but how would homey know that? Any idea?
Tagged:

Comments

• You can tell Homey you go to bed and tell her you're awake. If using the phone-app Homey even notes who is awake and who is asleep. Also, you can set the state to awake or sleeping (presence in flows).
  • bvdbos said:
    You can tell Homey you go to bed and tell her you're awake. If using the phone-app Homey even notes who is awake and who is asleep. Also, you can set the state to awake or sleeping (presence in flows).
    Thanks. So if i understand this correct, if it's night and i don't use the Homey app it will assume i'm a sleep? And once i open the app it knows i'm awake ? :)
  • I use Tasker and my regular alarm app for that. As far as I know the Homey app can not detect anyone asleep... 
  • If you tell Homey you're going to sleep : "welterusten" and maybe something like "ik ga slapen" in Dutch, the state is set to asleep... It doesn't go to sleep automatically. There's people working at night...
  • I use Tasker and my regular alarm app for that. As far as I know the Homey app can not detect anyone asleep... 
    I don't think there is something like that for iOS :( Maybe an "I'm going to sleep" button in the app would be nice?
  • JPeJPe Member
    dennis91 said:
    I don't think there is something like that for iOS :( Maybe an "I'm going to sleep" button in the app would be nice?
    you can make a virtual button for that, if you place it like this, you will see it in the app at first when opening the app:

• JPe said:
    dennis91 said:
    you can make a virtual button for that, if you place it like this, you will see it in the app at first when opening the app:

How did you fix those cool icons?! Willing to share them? :)
  • You can use tasker on android for this. Make it send a http get request to Homey once you connect your phone to the charger and the time is between 22:00 and 6:00 (or whatever time works for you). I always have my phone connected to the charger when I'm asleep.
  • Jesper said:
    You can use tasker on android for this. Make it send a http get request to Homey once you connect your phone to the charger and the time is between 22:00 and 6:00 (or whatever time works for you). I always have my phone connected to the charger when I'm asleep.
    Is there an iOS solution for this? 
  • rickprickp Member
    edited May 2018
    Is use a fibaro wall plug. If the power is more then 0.5 watt I'm asleep. (phone is on charger) even with a full battery it drains enough current. This does not work on a coolcam plug since those aren't sensative enough for such a lot current 
  • The beta App has a 'phone is connected to charger' function that is available as a trigger card, too.