This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

New App Sunrise -> Replaced by Sun Events!

Comments

• Count_B said:
    Can anybody confirm the app is not working anymore? I have several flows that turns the lights out when the event "ochtendschemering" is triggered but it doesn't do anything at this time. When I press test then it works without any problems. Also the trigger log stays empty, see screenshot. Any ideas?

Could you look at the setting/apps page if the app is still runing or have maybe an error?
  • How can i make a flow with starts @ 20 minutes before sunset. The flow did'nt start by using "zonsondergang" and "-20".
  • I use it that way, and it works, could you maybe show us your flow?
  • Yesterday, after posting I changed some secondairy rules and today it worked. So lets hope it's solved otherwise I' come again.

tnx for now.
  • honeyhoney Member
    edited February 2017
    The T-Minus does not work for me either. @Erik_van_Schelven What changes have you made?

• Funny enough it works today. 
    I could not find the Photoshop file so I have reproduced the background image and swapped the sunset with sunrise. Please find attached.
  • @MarcelTimmermans would it be possible to include the Azimuth from North in the app like you did with the altitude degrees?

The azimuth is the angle formed between a reference direction (in this example north) and a line from the observer to a point of interest projected (in this example the sun) on the same plane as the reference direction orthogonal to the zenith.

The Azimuth in the app would give an advantage if you want to act on full sun or shadow events.

e.g. when the sun passes xx degrees azimuth the sun moves over my house and it is not longer needed to have the blinds at the font east side to be fully down blocking the sun in the living room.

e.g. when the sun passes xx degrees azimuth the sun starts shining into the kitchen and the sunscreen in garden can be extracted by a flow when enough lux has been reached. 
  • @MarcelTimmermans would it be possible to include the Azimuth from North in the app like you did with the altitude degrees?

The azimuth is the angle formed between a reference direction (in this example north) and a line from the observer to a point of interest projected (in this example the sun) on the same plane as the reference direction orthogonal to the zenith.

The Azimuth in the app would give an advantage if you want to act on full sun or shadow events.

e.g. when the sun passes xx degrees azimuth the sun moves over my house and it is not longer needed to have the blinds at the font east side to be fully down blocking the sun in the living room.

e.g. when the sun passes xx degrees azimuth the sun starts shining into the kitchen and the sunscreen in garden can be extracted by a flow when enough lux has been reached. 
    Hi, On the moment I am very busy but I will take a look to it.
  • Got some questions to Trigger-Times because did not found any informations:
    • How often are they updated?
    • Are they updated automatically or did have to something for update?
    • If update automatically > Is there a Information about the last Update-Time?
  • Got some questions to Trigger-Times because did not found any informations:
    See your Sun Event settings.
  • glijie said:
    Got some questions to Trigger-Times because did not found any informations:
    See your Sun Event settings.

Hmm, i'm going to Settings > Sun Events. There i see 3 Tabs: My Sun Events, Event Times and Trigger Times. On Tab Event Times i see the Event Times for Today e.g. Sunrise Ends 03. April 2017 07:45.

But did not see a Information about the last Update-Time and how often an Update will be done :-(.
  • glijieglijie Member
    edited April 2017
    You don't see any times under the tab Event Times?? 
    that are the times a flow will be triggered. That is if you make a flow. 

For example, if you make a flow with Sunrise than it will be triggered ONCE a day--> this is because we only have one sunrise a day.
    The next day it will be triggered again with the new Sunrise time.

the Tab Trigger Times shows the flows you made with or without offset times that are triggered.

So you can say that each day the new Event times are set and there for there is for each event one update a day.

If that is what you mean?

• CyberSponkCyberSponk Member
    edited April 2017

glijie said:
    You don't see any times under the tab Event Times?? 
    that are the times a flow will be triggered. That is if you make a flow. 

For example, if you make a flow with Sunrise than it will be triggered ONCE a day--> this is because we only have one sunrise a day.
    The next day it will be triggered again with the new Sunrise time.

the Tab Trigger Times shows the flows you made with or without offset times that are triggered.

So you can say that each day the new Event times are set and there for there is for each event one update a day.

If that is what you mean?

Yo, i see times under Event Times. What i mean: Exactly these times under Event Times > How often are they updated? And when? And Automatically?

For example:
    For Today the e.g. the Sunset-Time 20:30. Triggers running once. Tomorrow we will have e.g. Sunset-Time 20:33. How did the app get the Information that e.g. the Sunset-Time for next day is 20:33? 
  • Yo, i see times under Event Times. What i mean: Exactly these times under Event Times > How often are they updated?

I don't know--> at least once a day.

And when? 

Don't know, it works though:-)

And Automatically?

I'm sure it does :-)

For example:
    For Today the e.g. the Sunset-Time 20:30. Triggers running once. Tomorrow we will have e.g. Sunset-Time 20:33. How did the app get the Information that e.g. the Sunset-Time for next day is 20:33? 

This is written when you installed the APP 
    "Sun Events is an app the has several triggers to certain positions of the sun. It make use of suncalc from 'Vladimir Agafonkin'."

• Ok. Thanks. Will take a look how it works. Hope fine. Thanks.
  • it works great over here!!
  • edited April 2017
    I'm probably being stupid, but I can't seem to get Sun Events working (and I can't find any manual).
    I have the following flow, but when the event occurs, my lights do not turn on... Any ideas?

The "tags" panel shows all the correct values (Nautical evening is 19:58 today).
    flow.png 573.2K
  • I'm probably being stupid, but I can't seem to get Sun Events working (and I can't find any manual).
    I have the following flow, but when the event occurs, my lights do not turn on... Any ideas?

The "tags" panel shows all the correct values (Nautical evening is 19:58 today).
    HI, Go to settings and select below the header --- apps ---- sun events. Then in the right side of the window select Trigger Times. Check if the trigger is there and what the time is. If this is ok, the trigger should work.

Very rare when you build a new trigger the first time it is not triggered but the next day it is (I cannot find this bug).
  • MarcelTimmermans said:
    HI, Go to settings and select below the header --- apps ---- sun events. Then in the right side of the window select Trigger Times. Check if the trigger is there and what the time is. If this is ok, the trigger should work.
    Thanks for the quick reply! Seems OK to me. I'll see what happens tonight  :)

• edited April 2017
    Hmmm... that's interesting. Last night I went to bed before 22:00, but then I noticed Homey turned on the lights a little later. Then I checked in the flow editor, and saw that "Nautische schemering Avond" was set for 22:05! Three days ago, that same event was set for 20:00 (see above).

Some kind of timezone issue which has been fixed in the meantime?

Update: just now, I came home late and the lights were on!  :)
  • JeroenvanoJeroenvano Member
    edited June 2017
    Hi @MarcelTimmermans

I saw in update 0.1.7 you added Azimuth as variable - thanks for that! 

How can I build a flow that triggers on a specific Azimuth. I can only build my own flow triggers with altitude degrees building my own sun events in your app? It does not support Azimuth events.

Thanks for your help!

• Hi @MarcelTimmermans

How can I build a flow that triggers on a specific Azimuth. I can only build my own flow triggers with altitude degrees building my own sun events in your app? It does not support Azimuth events.

Thanks for your help!

Hi, I have played a little bit with it. But I does not work good yet. In the coming days I will update so that you have the angle and altitude.
  • Hi @MarcelTimmermans

Thanks for your help!

Hi, I have played a little bit with it. But I does not work good yet. In the coming days I will update so that you have the angle and altitude.
    Thanks Marcel !
  • PacoSPacoS Member

Hello,

Does Sun Events need a permanent internet connection to work correctly?

• edited March 2018
    PacoS said:

Hello,

No, There is no need. Only your Home location needs to be stored. (Settings Homey) 
  • PacoSPacoS Member
    PacoS said:

Hello,

No, There is no need. Only your Home location needs to be stored. (Settings Homey) 
    OK perfect. Thanks
  • hi Guys, 

i want to make a flow based on the direction of the sun, to turn the blinds on the east and south side up or down. i have found the settings to create my own Zonnestanden gebeurtenissen. but i have 2 questions i cant find:

- the value is -90 to 90 degrees. What is east -90 and west 90 or how do i need to see this? 
    - what is the difference between rising and decending name? the sun would only pass the position once a day right?

hope you can help:) thanks!
  • You can use the azimuth tag in zonnestanden. Use suncalc.org to define the correct azimuth number for your flows.
  • hi Jeroen,

thanks for the info. But i am still lost. i was already looking at suncalc, but that gives me an azimuth between 60 and 300 degrees. How do i translate this to the -90 - 90 degrees in the settings?
  • vincentvs said:
    hi Jeroen,

thanks for the info. But i am still lost. i was already looking at suncalc, but that gives me an azimuth between 60 and 300 degrees. How do i translate this to the -90 - 90 degrees in the settings?
    Hi Vincent,

That's indeed what you need. In the tags you will find this azimuth which runs from 0-360.
    See below.

I think the other number you mention is the height of the sun.  So for example what I use is that when the Azimutch is larger then 195 (then the sun is in the position it touch my window if the height is enough) and the sun height is bigger then 30 degrees (filter out a building) the blinds go down.