This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Sync two dimmers (Fibaro dimmer 2)

Hi!

I've got a small issue that I don't know how to solve. In my appartment I've got two lamps in a hallway. And they have a dimmer and a wallswitch each.
However, I'd like to "pair" them to one unit in my home. 
So if I start one of them, the other should start, and dim to the same level as the first and both wallswitches should be operational.

BR 

Comments

• taminotamino Member
    Noone? Is this really a impossible thing to do? =( 
  • When you use the association group 2 and 3 (S1 On/Off and S1 Dim) you can switch & dim both lamps with 1 wallswitch. Define on both devices the correct association groups.

I've tested this for you and it works.
    Homey however doesn't react the same. It only triggers 1 device. Maybe you can solve this with a flow.
  • htilburgs said:
    When you use the association group 2 and 3 (S1 On/Off and S1 Dim) you can switch & dim both lamps with 1 wallswitch. Define on both devices the correct association groups.

Homey however doesn't react the same. It only triggers 1 device. Maybe you can solve this with a flow.
    Indeed with the right association groups,  you are able to sync the two devices...
    but this only holds for using the physical buttons on the dimmers...
    the dimmer-2 will not trigger an associated device based on a command received from Homey.

I needed, you can setup a flow to trigger both devices independently, use the option to switch on or off all lights within a specific room or use the virtual groups app to create a specific group of lights linked to one another 
  • htilburgshtilburgs Member
    edited May 2018
    htilburgs said:
    When you use the association group 2 and 3 (S1 On/Off and S1 Dim) you can switch & dim both lamps with 1 wallswitch. Define on both devices the correct association groups.

Indeed with the right association groups,  you are able to sync the two devices...
    but this only holds for using the physical buttons on the dimmers...
    the dimmer-2 will not trigger an associated device based on a command received from Homey.

I needed, you can setup a flow to trigger both devices independently, use the option to switch on or off all lights within a specific room or use the virtual groups app to create a specific group of lights linked to one another 
    Ok, looking a littlebit further, you can use the app "Device Groups" 
    You can combine 2 of the same devices (Fibaro Dimmer 2 devices) and control them as one device.
    Just tested, works nice...

In combination with the correct association groups, you have the situation you described. 
  • taminotamino Member
    I've tried the accosiation groups before.. But always had the incorrect groups.. 
    So now when i took 2 and 3 it works flawlessly! Thank you for the help! :)