This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

[APP] Homey Harmony Hub v1.2.0

123457»

Comments

• Have you tried turning the hub off/on? That helps here once in a while (having the same issue sometimes)
  • Hi,

I control my receiver via your app. I want a flow where I can adjust it volume, so I use the Send Command THEN-card, select the Control Group Volume and select command VolumeUp. This works fine, but it would be even better if I can control the volume with bigger steps. For example:

Volume, VolumeUp, 10

Yes, I can do that by putting 10 Send Command THEN-card in the flow, but maybe you could add a parameter where people can send the amount of times the command must be send?

Another question about volume control. I see a command to Mute, but no command to unMute. I have to use the VolumeUp/VolumeDown command to unmute now, this also changes the volume up or down. Could you add such a command?
    Hi,
    A possible workaround for the time being is to start a flow with a Better Logic variable which decrements the value of a variable (for volume down). Each time the variable changes you send a volume down command to the receiver.  Make sure to start with a value that is high enough to mute the receiver. If you don't and you also want to do the opposite, volume up, for example during the morning you could end up with a rather high volume and have not such a "quite" morning. ;-)
  • @jreenen

How is the work/life balance doing? Any room for the harmony app yet? 
  • Jeronimo where art thou  :/
  • Bump :-)
  • Bump
  • @jreenen

Hi Jeroen. (When) can we expect to hear from you?
  • B3rtB3rt Member
    I am having some problems whit updating the correct activity.

When i change the activity using the harmony remote very often (7 out of 10 times) the activity is NOT known by the homey app. 

I have a flow which stores the current activity in a better logic value, this way i can do some checks or flows only when a specific activity is running or not.

But because the activity is reguarly not updated these flow often do not work as supposed too.

Is it possible to fix this or better add an extra option to poll the harmony hun what the actiually activity is?

For example:
    IF:  start flow
    AND: harmony hub card -> current activity XXXXX is (or is not) running
    THEN: thod something

Hope this can be added or the update of the flows be fixed.
  • FWIW, I installed the beta version via the app page and my main issue was solved and for me the beta version is very stable . So you could give that version a go (taking into account that it is a beta so going back to stable takes some extra work). 
  • diansdians Member
    Since a week (or two) my flows with activity's from my harmony hub seems not to work anymore. I removed the app, restarted my harmony hub and my homey, installed the app again and now it doesn't find my hub anymore.

Tried several times without any succes.
    Homey Firmware Versie: 1.5.9
    Harmony hub version 4.15.96

Anyone with the same experience?

• Yes, I noticed the same. Without any update or new firmware. Odd! 
  • diansdians Member
    Finaly after attempt 1x or something, I removed the app, reboot Homey and the Harmony hub, installed the stable version 1.2.0. Yeh Homey found my Hub......beats me...
  • dians said:
    Finaly after attempt 1x or something, I removed the app, reboot Homey and the Harmony hub, installed the stable version 1.2.0. Yeh Homey found my Hub......beats me...
    I had the same problem, did the same as you and helped for me also.
  • Working here again too. Spooky! 
  • This is related yet unrelated to this app, but guess someone here will know the answer - is it possible to get Homey devices represented on the Harmony remote somehow?
    I have a couple of lights in my Living Room I would like to add to the remote...
  • JulianJulian Member
    vaderag said:
    This is related yet unrelated to this app, but guess someone here will know the answer - is it possible to get Homey devices represented on the Harmony remote somehow?
    I have a couple of lights in my Living Room I would like to add to the remote...
    AFAIK this is not possible. Do not know if it are HUE lights, then perhaps you can (also) link them to the harmony remote?
  • Sadly they're not - they're Yeelight in fact
  • Hannes85Hannes85 Member
    edited June 2018

Apparantly this has been asked a lot on both the Yeelight forums as well as Logitech. It got closed as "not supported" and most likely never will be as Yeelight didn't get a response back from Logitech when they asked for a collaboration. However, you should be able to get it to work with a little workaround (which requires at least one supported Logitech light bulb);

Add a supported lightbulb to Logitech and configure it as you please in a certain Activity. Then create a flow in Homey that responds to the activity that started in the Logitech hub.

Note that this not work for the dedicated light buttons on the Logitech remote but honestly... I have a lot HUE lights in my house and literally never use the remote for anything other than starting or stopping an activity. Anything related specifically to lights is done with sensors, dimmers and switches.

hope this helps. 

• rpbrasrpbras Member
    edited July 2018
    Is it right that the status of a device (in the homey app) is not updated when it's switched by the harmony remote? It is when it's done by starting or stopping an activity. But not when the device is started separately as far as I can see.

Thnx in advance.
  • eekeek Unconfirmed, Member
    Activity stopped/started doesn't work (anymore?). I just bought the homy for this this scenario. I hope @jreenen can give it a look.
  • eekeek Unconfirmed, Member
    eek said:
    Activity stopped/started doesn't work (anymore?). I just bought the homy for this this scenario. I hope @jreenen can give it a look.
    oeps. Now installed the beta (1.2.1) and it's working!