This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

What typically causes Homey to be unreachable 'offline' every few hours, despite flows working?

What would be the likely cause of Homey crashing/becoming unreachable every so often? 

3 times in last 24 hours Homey appears offline', despite flows working?   How can I track down what's causing it?

It's a metre away from a wifi access point, so can't be out of range. 
Storage says: .05 GB free of 1.64 GB 
Memory after reboot says: 512.00 MB RAM, swap: 262.14 kB

How can I work out what's causing it to crash?  Is there some way to see some kind of log to see if some flow is causing problems or memory is getting filled up with something?

Comments

• Can be a lot of reasons, problem at the my.athom.com side or your Homey that has an app which has a memory leak for example or a conflict in the core, memory filling up, no free s torage (but that doesn't looks the case). Best is to give Athom a log from your Homey so they can check it (log can be send to Athom from settings)
  • k1sk1s Member
    Best is to give Athom a log from your Homey so they can check it (log can be send to Athom from settings)
    What's best: via github or support@athom.com?
  • k1s said:
    Best is to give Athom a log from your Homey so they can check it (log can be send to Athom from settings)
    What's best: via github or support@athom.com?
    Both is good, Github makes it more public so other users can react 
  • k1sk1s Member
    JPe said:
    Thanks, but my access points don't support IEEE 802.11r, so it can't be Homey's fast roaming issue