This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Remotec Scene Master

Hi everybody,

I was looking to buy a Remotec Scene Master because we would like to have physical buttons to start our scenes.
https://www.robbshop.nl/scene-master?sqr=SCENE%20MASTER%20WIT%20REMOTEC&
So my question is will they work with Homey? Is there somebody out here that uses these remotes?

Thanks!

Comments

• Is there nobody on this forum that has tried this yet? <span>:smile:</span>
  • Doesn't seems that anyone has tried it yet. If someone makes an app for this device I definitely gonna buy some of these.
  • Doesn't seems that anyone has tried it yet. If someone makes an app for this device I definitely gonna buy some of these.
    Yeah, me to but i'm not a programmer  :(
  • btwvince said:
    Doesn't seems that anyone has tried it yet. If someone makes an app for this device I definitely gonna buy some of these.
    Yeah, me to but i'm not a programmer  :(
    same here..
  • sebbe463sebbe463 Member
    edited April 2017
    Tried this today with 1.2 but when I'm including, it gets stuck at "Retreiving manufacturer information" unfortunately. Pretty solid remote so I hope it will work with Homey some day.
  • Nice device what i was looking for, also buy some if there is an app for it :)
  • Anyone, with a Remotec Scene Master, living in the neighborhood of 's-Hertogenbosch?

I don't have one, if I could borrow one I guess I would be able to make an app for it..
  • Anyone, with a Remotec Scene Master, living in the neighborhood of 's-Hertogenbosch?

I don't have one, if I could borrow one I guess I would be able to make an app for it..
    That will be nice, i'm from Den Haag and don't have one yet, but if there is no one in the neighborhood maybe we can arange something..
  • Since its not even possible to include right now, I guess you guys should wait until its possible.
  • @sebbe463 it is not possible at this moment since there is not app / driver for it... chicken-egg situation...
    In addition, it cannot be added as basic switch because it does not support the COMMAND_CLASS_BASIC...

Hence my request since I don't have one...
  • @sebbe463 it is not possible at this moment since there is not app / driver for it... chicken-egg situation...
    In addition, it cannot be added as basic switch because it does not support the COMMAND_CLASS_BASIC...

Hence my request since I don't have one...

Actually, that is not true. The inclusion-process get stuck at "Getting manufacturer information" so it doesnt even check if there is an compatible app.

I created a app for it yesterday and tried, didnt work

https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/1492
  • Hmmm..
  • TedTolboomTedTolboom Member
    edited April 2017
    @sebbe463 and @RichardR I'll get one on Monday and investigate / try to build an app for it... it's holiday period anyway...  ;)
  • @sebbe463 and @RichardR I'll get one on Monday and investigate / try to build an app for it... it's holiday period anyway...  ;)

Ohh thats nice, looking forward to it :)

• I would like to get my hands on one of these, too.
    Hope support will be added :-)
  • Eternity said:
    I would like to get my hands on one of these, too.
    Hope support will be added :-)
    I have a scene master myself now; quite nice remote..
    Building the driver and app is in progress, but we  are running into an issue where the interview gets stuck at a certain stage / times out.

Checking with Athom what the issue is and how to solve; might even take the scene master with me to Enschede next Saturday to investigate further (sniff the communication).
  • Whoop whoop!
  • Brief update:
    The app, driver and icons are ready for testing... awaiting the solution of the issue during inclusion.
    In the mean time, I have been able to communicate with the scene master through "send RAW data", validating part of the driver / app content.

Since I'm confident that we will find a solution on short term (will take the scene master with me tomorrow today to Athom), I already created a dedicated forum topic: Remotec Technology app - Scene Master remote
  • JaxcJaxc Member
    edited April 2018
    bump..
  • What's your question? Remotec Scene Master remote is working fine with Homey 1.59 and Remotec app version 2.1.1.
  • The question was already asked and answered in the forum topic: Remotec Technology app - Scene Master remote
  • Thanks Ted.
    @JurgenHuijbregts I had such a problem some time ago with an Everspring ST814, no chance to fix it by any method. Only solution was to replace the device. Hopefully you find a better solution for your scenemaster!
  • MODBREAK: Closed and Archived in favor of the more complete and active Discussion here. 
    Remotec Technology app - Scene Master remote
This discussion has been closed.