This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

U-Fairy GR zwave smart switch cant pair with homey

erictkserictks Member
edited June 2017 in Questions & Help
I try to pair my U-Fairy GR zwave smart switch with homey but so far they cant be pair.  Need some help

1) I try to remove the device multiple time
2) I try to add the device, homey is able to find the node but for some reason it cancel the pairing sequences after the node being found

Not sure what is happening .

Comments

• bvdbosbvdbos Member
    There's no app for this device yet I think? You could create an app, perhaps use https://github.com/TedTolboom/hk.com.remotec as an example?

• Indeed an app and driver is most likely missing and the device does not support BASIC CC.

@bvdbos the Remotec is not a good example, since this switch is having actual loads connected to it.

@erictks do you have a link to the documentation of this switch; cannot find it easily...
  • Indeed an app and driver is most likely missing and the device does not support BASIC CC.

@bvdbos the Remotec is not a good example, since this switch is having actual loads connected to it.

@erictks do you have a link to the documentation of this switch; cannot find it easily...
    http://m.gr-smarthome.com/en/pd.jsp?pid=42&mid=3&desc=false
  • @erictks the information provided on their own site is insufficient to check how the app of driver needs to be setup (to support your request). 
    I really need a manual that describes the way how they implemented Z-wave command classes and in particular multichannel nodes for these switches...
  • @erictks the information provided on their own site is insufficient to check how the app of driver needs to be setup (to support your request). 
    I really need a manual that describes the way how they implemented Z-wave command classes and in particular multichannel nodes for these switches...

TedTolboom said:
    Indeed an app and driver is most likely missing and the device does not support BASIC CC.

This is how they reply

1)i need to know the controller have support multi channel command class?

2)our 3 gang switch had pair with Vera Fibaro wink and other zwave controller ( I do check others review online they actually can pair with Vera)

3)Our system adopt standard Z-wave wireless technology with the latest 5th zwave chip ,improved 500 chip for faster and safer wireless communication.

Hope this help or I need to get further technical term from them ?

Below is the video they pairing with Vera and Fibaro, so I guess they are using a relatively standard protocol if not mistaken

1)

2)

• @erictks just checked above info; the main info still missing is:
    - command_class versions, in particular COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_BINARY; is the device using version 1 or 2?
    - how are the 3 switches linked to the multichannel endpoints?
    - which association groups are defined and what is their function?

Based on above screenshot, I do conclude that there are no configuration parameters to be set; correct?
    I'll send you a PM.
  • Anyone managed to get this working? Was using Veralite and thinking of using homey.