This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Bluetooth

[App] Xiaomi mi flora sensor/ropot community app

Comments

• Two sensors paired here and they work great. Like most here I use them to avoid my plants from dying of thirst but I might start using the thermometer as well. Might even stick on in the soil outside to get an idea of outside conditions.

One of the two sensors is a little further away and it seems it sometimes misses a poll but that is probably related to limited Bluetooth distance. Other than that the only thing I have noticed so far is the missing image that has been reported already.

Great app!
  • When I click (in the Appstore) on your App, there's 

You've found a blind spot!

The page you tried to visit was not found
  • obeliks said:
    When I click (in the Appstore) on your App, there's 

You've found a blind spot!

The page you tried to visit was not found
    Because it is still Alpha as mentioned in the opening post.
    https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/1670
  • koktail said:
    I can give you alpha access, please PM me your email you connect to homey with.
    Wouldn't mind an early access as well, as I have this device running for a while with the native mobile app now but would love to connect it to Homey tbh.
  • Phuturist said:
    Two sensors paired here and they work great. Like most here I use them to avoid my plants from dying of thirst but I might start using the thermometer as well. Might even stick on in the soil outside to get an idea of outside conditions.

One of the two sensors is a little further away and it seems it sometimes misses a poll but that is probably related to limited Bluetooth distance. Other than that the only thing I have noticed so far is the missing image that has been reported already.

Great app!
    Thanks. Good to hear. I've one sensor 4 meters with concrete wall in between. This device gives sometimes errors. 

• rtnartna Member
    edited April 2018
    I wonder... There is a card called: The plant has not enough moisture. How does the app know this? This should be different with every type of plant and the app does not now what type of plant it is for as far as I know.

[edit] Already found the treshhold settings....
  • Hi, I wonder: just installed the app (Thanx again Koktail!), but Homey doesn't find my Flora. My Flora functions oke in the Flower Care app. Restarted twice my Homey. My Flora is in de proximity of my Homey (10 centimeters). Any suggestions?
  • Hi, I wonder: just installed the app (Thanx again Koktail!), but Homey doesn't find my Flora. My Flora functions oke in the Flower Care app. Restarted twice my Homey. My Flora is in de proximity of my Homey (10 centimeters). Any suggestions?
    What homey firmware version do you have?
    What sensor do you use? And what is the firmware version of the sensor?
    Looks like either is incompatible with the current app.
  • koktail said:
    Hi, I wonder: just installed the app (Thanx again Koktail!), but Homey doesn't find my Flora. My Flora functions oke in the Flower Care app. Restarted twice my Homey. My Flora is in de proximity of my Homey (10 centimeters). Any suggestions?
    Does the sensor support being paired with 2 devices at the same time; what happens is you unpair it from the My Flora app / your phone?
  • koktail said:
    Hi, I wonder: just installed the app (Thanx again Koktail!), but Homey doesn't find my Flora. My Flora functions oke in the Flower Care app. Restarted twice my Homey. My Flora is in de proximity of my Homey (10 centimeters). Any suggestions?
    Homey Firmware 1.5.9
    Model HHCCJCY01HHCC
    Sensor Firmware 3.1.8
  • koktail said:
    Does the sensor support being paired with 2 devices at the same time; what happens is you unpair it from the My Flora app / your phone?
    Disconnected the sensor by deactivating the Bluetooth connection with my Phone. Homey had found my sensor. Thanx!

• @koktail

im using my 6 sensors for 3 weeks now. The app hasnt crashed at all.

the interval is configured at 90min (for battery preservation) 

and 2 flows, one for low water levels

And one generic flow for the battery level 

really like this app! 

Thanks
  • Tnx @matrover! Nice flow!
  • Using this flow now. Works perfect. :)
  • Thanks for sharing! Looks good. If you have issue's or improvements you can add them into the github channel. Or add it to this forum thread.
  • Skorpion said:
    Using this flow now. Works perfect. :)
    Do you know you can add a threshold in the device its configuration?
  • I'm really happy with the app. Have it working for a couple of days now and it works perfectly. The three devices are synced regularly and with the flow mentioned a couple of times before I get updates when it is time to water the plants. 
  • app idea: could you show the values on the devices when there below threshold in red (or something) like an motion alarm? 

that way i wont have to check all of my sensors for the current value and the threshold value. 
  • matrover said:
    app idea: could you show the values on the devices when there below threshold in red (or something) like an motion alarm? 

that way i wont have to check all of my sensors for the current value and the threshold value. 
    I've searching for this exact same thing. Thanks for sharing it here. I cannot find anything about it in the documentation. In the source code of apps with this feature i cannot find any triggers. I guess this is a behaviour of triggering an alarm capability...
  • 2Be2Be Member
    @OpenMind_NL
    Uses flashing icons in the Tado app, maybe you can find more info there or ask him.
  • koktail said:
    Skorpion said:
    Can you tell me how I create the second logic with the blue label Vochtigheid? Thanx!
  • koktail said:
    Skorpion said:
    Didn’t know that. Thx!
  • rtnartna Member
    Is there somewhere a database online with plants and tresholds for moisture, light etc?
  • rtna said:
    Is there somewhere a database online with plants and tresholds for moisture, light etc?
    I used the Flower Care app for that on my iPhone.
  • rtnartna Member
    Skorpion said:
    rtna said:
    I have the Flower Care app on Android but where can I see the tresholds?
  • koktailkoktail Member
    edited April 2018
    Skorpion said:
    rtna said:
    Me too, although the values of the app seems not that accurate.
    Sometimes it looks that the thresholds are based on 'what is the max amount' my plant can handle. I've tweakt the values a bit on my own insights.
  • koktailkoktail Member
    edited April 2018
    rtna said:
    Skorpion said:
    rtna said:
    I have the Flower Care app on Android but where can I see the tresholds?

If you have already add a plant, then in reports you van swipe to your left on the status. (On android at least)
  • rtnartna Member
    Ok, found it. Thanks. It is a little bit hidden in the app!
  • Great app! Any idea when it will be availeble in the app store?
  • RikPost said:
    Great app! Any idea when it will be availeble in the app store?
    Thanks! The beta is at the moment in review by athom.