This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

[APP Z-Wave] Danalock Doorlock Z-Wave devices - Main discussion topic

2»

Comments

• @TedTolboom

So is there a way to make it be recognized?
  • lilins said:
    @TedTolboom

So is there a way to make it be recognized?
    @lilins seems that the productTypeID of your Danalock (3) is different compared to the registered productTypeID (8)...

Two options to solve:
    1) Create an Github issue for Athom to add this productTypeID to the current app and wait for the app update to be released to the app store
    2) Download the current version of the app and manually add the productTypeID at https://github.com/athombv/com.danalock/blob/master/config/drivers/danalock_v2.json#L19
    to be changed to `"productTypeId": [3,8],` and install it via the Command Line Interface (see https://developer.athom.com/docs/apps/tutorial-Getting Started.html)
  • @TedTolboom
    Thanks, i'll see how i can create an issue on GitHub, for the long term it may be better, and if i feel in the mood of it i'll try modding the app :)
  • I bought the Bluetooth Only version of Danalock V3... is there a possibility to use Homey via Bluetooth or will I have to upgrade the Danalock to the Z-Wave version? Thanks!
  • svhslot said:
    I bought the Bluetooth Only version of Danalock V3... is there a possibility to use Homey via Bluetooth or will I have to upgrade the Danalock to the Z-Wave version? Thanks!
    Bluetooth is still early alpha and still not supported at the moment 
  • Hi,

I'm considering buying Homey to use with Danalock V3. If connected, does Homey then serve as a danabridge also? E.g. enable remote locking/unlocking?

Thanks in advance,

• anneanne Member
    Yes, with the bluetooth/z-wave model you can control the lock remotely via Homey (using the z-wave interface). 
  • anne said:
    Yes, with the bluetooth/z-wave model you can control the lock remotely via Homey (using the z-wave interface). 
    Thanks!
  • anne said:
    Just to be clear. When I have a Homey connected to the lock through zwave. Can I unlock the door remote through the Danalock app (based on the danabride principle by sending the unlock cmd to their servers) or do I have to use the homey app to unlock? I rather not use a danabridge also (https://danalock.com/danabridge.html) as it isn't stable for me at the moment.
  • anne said:
    Just to be clear. When I have a Homey connected to the lock through zwave. Can I unlock the door remote through the Danalock app (based on the danabride principle by sending the unlock cmd to their servers) or do I have to use the homey app to unlock? I rather not use a danabridge also (https://danalock.com/danabridge.html) as it isn't stable for me at the moment.
    Well do know there are some issues with the danalock's for example this one -> https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/2254 Good that you first investigate. I use Nuki but i can unlock/lock from the Nuki app as from Homey
  • anne said:
    Well do know there are some issues with the danalock's for example this one -> https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/2254 Good that you first investigate. I use Nuki but i can unlock/lock from the Nuki app as from Homey
    Allright, thanks for that pointer. However, questions remains: When danalock is connected to Homey through zwave. Will it unlock remotely throught the danalock (or danalock deutschland) app? It's vital for me at the moment as I use a Doorbird for bell/video. they announceddanalock support for their app. This means tehy will probably send an 'open' command to the danalock servers from their app. Whick is fine. But danalock has to be reachable throught a gateway. (eg danabridge app on an obsolete iOS device). My question is: can Homey replace the danabride for remote access without using a separate app.

Hope my question is clear.

Thanks for the support so far.

Sander
  • The danalock version zwave/bluetooth works good with bluetooth and with zwave. Only my experience using both combined with homey its sucks. 

When opening the door with the geofencing on the danalock app the status in homey isnt upated, so in homey its stays on lock most of the time.

Also whem homey notice iam away its locked the door. But then when coming home and unlock the door with homey it works. To bad it also unlocks the door with the danalock app. So worst case senario if you fast and you already clossed the door it unlocks a second time. I already had a few time the door was open at night. 

Good thing is athom has now a lock itself so the can playing around with it and fixing things.

For now i only use it with the danalock itself. Meanwhile trying to fix the precense status of homey. And if thats 100 procent again i only gonna use it trough homey.
  • anneanne Member
    @vandenbrakel no, remote unlocking via z-wave is not possible with the Danalock app, you need Homey for that. 
  • dcnet01dcnet01 Member
    edited May 2018
    is there any news concerning the status message at Danalock? This works everywhere, with smartthings and zway z.b

• Oy1974Oy1974 Member
    dcnet01 said:
    is there any news concerning the status message at Danalock? This works everywhere, with smartthings and zway z.b

They say that they are working on it.
  • Connectivity issue between Danalock v3 and Homey - Working only within a meter or less!

I have a newly installed Danalock v3, and it will not communicate with the Homey unless the lock is within around 50-70cm from the Homey.
    Meaning, that I cannot operate it from homey, and it will not report back changed status, which I operate the lock using Bluetooth (or “analog” unlock).

The lock is in a separate garage, but only 5 meters from my house. 
    Also, on the same door I have installed a “Philio Tech, Multisensor 4 in 1”, which have no problem at all with the communication.
    I have tried to unmount the Lock from the door and bring it within 50cm of the Homey again. Then I was able to remove the device, and add it back in. Also I could control it at that distance.
    Also, I have tried to restart the Homey with no luck.

Is this a Danalock or a Homey problem?

I’m new to all of this z-wave stuff, but it was my understanding that the devices should choose the best way through the mesh network, so that if the Danalock cannot communicate with the Homey, it should take the route through the Philio device, right?
    If you look at the attached picture, you will see that the multisensor is id 15, and the lock is 16.

Is there any way that I can force the Lock to communicate through the sensor?
    What does the CC Basic and Heal functions do?

I du see a number of timeouts and errors in the z-wave log, like this:
    TimeEntry
    2018-05-14T21:58:02.133Z
    Node[16]: [COMMAND_CLASS_DOOR_LOCK] [DOOR_LOCK_OPERATION_SET] {"type":"Buffer","data":[255]}
    2018-05-14T21:58:02.133Z
    Node[16]: sendData to COMMAND_CLASS_DOOR_LOCK, params 0x01ff
    2018-05-14T21:58:02.134Z
    Node[16]: [COMMAND_CLASS_SECURITY] [SECURITY_NONCE_GET] {"type":"Buffer","data":[]}
    2018-05-14T21:58:02.135Z
    Node[16]: sendData to COMMAND_CLASS_SECURITY, params 0x40
    2018-05-14T21:58:02.138Z
    Command[7] start: sendData
    2018-05-14T21:58:02.138Z
    ProcessSendData[7]: To node: 16 with data: 0x9840 and txOptions: AUTO_ROUTE,ACK,EXPLORE
    2018-05-14T21:58:12.296Z
    ProcessSendData[7]: Error: senddata_timeout
    2018-05-14T21:58:12.298Z
    Command[7] end: sendData
    2018-05-14T21:59:28.726Z
    Node[16]: [COMMAND_CLASS_DOOR_LOCK] [DOOR_LOCK_OPERATION_SET] {"type":"Buffer","data":[255]}
    Node[16]: sendData to COMMAND_CLASS_DOOR_LOCK, params 0x01ff
    Node[16]: [COMMAND_CLASS_SECURITY] [SECURITY_NONCE_GET] {"type":"Buffer","data":[]}
    2018-05-14T21:59:28.727Z
    Node[16]: sendData to COMMAND_CLASS_SECURITY, params 0x40
    2018-05-14T21:59:28.730Z
    Command[8] start: sendData
    2018-05-14T21:59:28.732Z
    ProcessSendData[8]: To node: 16 with data: 0x9840 and txOptions: AUTO_ROUTE
    2018-05-14T21:59:28.740Z
    ProcessSendData[8]: Error: TRANSMIT_COMPLETE_ACK_UNKNOWN
    2018-05-14T21:59:28.740Z
    Command[8] end: sendData

Does that mean anything to you guys?
    Should I return the Danalock, or is this a Homey issue?

• AaronAaron Member
    edited May 2018
    Hi @Lindhardsen ,
    the Philio is a battery operated device, isn't it? The z-wave routing only works with mains powered devices. You could place a z-wave socket nearby.
  • Thanks Aaron!
    Just went and got another Fibaro Wall Socket, and that seems to do the trick... At least for now!

But out of curiosity, shouldn't the Danalock be capable of connection to Homey, when when the Philio and the Fibaro devices are? The new Fibaro is actually another 5 meters away from the Homey
  • AaronAaron Member
    Hi @Lindhardsen
    Good, nice that it worked.

Yes they should.....I have heard more z-wave range issues with the Danalock. 

greetings,
    Aaron
  • mruitermruiter Member
    The issues are more the FLIRS protocol it uses. This doesnt seem to work correct if its using a mesh connection.
    Athom is looking into this
  • mruiter said:
    The issues are more the FLIRS protocol it uses. This doesnt seem to work correct if its using a mesh connection.
    But that is exactly what solved my problem: 
    First the log would not communicte if not REALLY close to Homey.
    Then I added the Fibaro Wall Socket, and now the locks communicates nicely through Fibaro...
  • mruitermruiter Member
    mruiter said:
    But that is exactly what solved my problem: 
    First the log would not communicte if not REALLY close to Homey.
    Then I added the Fibaro Wall Socket, and now the locks communicates nicely through Fibaro...
    Well , dont get youre hopes up yet then... But there working on it.
    Maybee youre zwave network is still small. Then flirs trafic doesnt get lost that easy
  • maglogmaglog Unconfirmed, Member
    Hi
    Do you have any plans for supporting Danalock Bluetooth/Zigbee
    Have been trying to get it work with you app as reference but probably getting the functions wrong.