This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Hue scene detection

Hi, new user here.
Can you please guide me in the right direction. I want to detect a hue scene change. Like, if [specific] scene is enabled, then do something. Is that possible?

I want to use my Logitech Harmony remote to turn on other devices than the hue lights which is already supported by Logitech. The remote can start specific scenes by clicking the home control buttons on the remote.

Maybe be there are other ways to achieve the same?

Comments

• I'm looking for something like this as well. When I select a certain Scene I want to adapt the music to it in the bathroom. So, relax scene == relax music. 
    The Hue API does not support this feature (The active scene is not exposed in the API) because it can give problems, you never know for sure if the last activated scene is also the state of the bulb.

Anyway, Thinking of a way around this myself as well that works 100% 
    One thing That is stil on my list to try is to have each scene in the bathroom (5 in total) have a different dim-levels (or at least one of the bulbs) and identify the scene with that. So:
    dim level 100% is scene 1, 99% is scene 2, 98% is scene 3 etc 
  • Why not connect the controller / button to Homey and with a flow select the Hue scene and perform the other actions?
  • Why not connect the controller / button to Homey and with a flow select the Hue scene and perform the other actions?
    For me personally, I like homey to tell other systems what to do but leave all systems working standalone as well. This way I hope that when I am messing with Homey other people will not be troubled with light-switches not working suddenly. In the past I tweaked systems constantly and people did not like experience of constant change or bugs or reboots or....(not Homey related systems)
  • Tiyrell said:

One thing That is stil on my list to try is to have each scene in the bathroom (5 in total) have a different dim-levels (or at least one of the bulbs) and identify the scene with that. So:
    Good idea, but what happens if you manually dim the lights and homey detects that you are at 2.98% ?  Also, scenes can have same dim level but different settings (like colors)

That would work for me. The problem is that the harmony controller is not supported in Homey. It has some specific buttons which can control Hue directly by setting a scene, and I need to detect that scene and trigger a flow in Homey.

If Homey supported the harmony controller, it would be a lot easier :)
  • Tiyrell said:
    I'm looking for something like this as well. When I select a certain Scene I want to adapt the music to it in the bathroom. So, relax scene == relax music. 
    The Hue API does not support this feature (The active scene is not exposed in the API) because it can give problems, you never know for sure if the last activated scene is also the state of the bulb.

You can read the lightstates from the scenes. Maybe compare them all with the current lightstate(s) in that room and consider it that scene=active if all are a match? (or maybe all but brightness).

Just a thought.