This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

New shipment date for Homey?

Comments

• MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited January 2016
    24-12-2015 the first production badge:
    https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/5018/#Comment_5018

~30 homeys on the pic and 11 shipped.
    We are now 4 weeks past that date and we had some holiday's.

Jeroen said, good runs can flash about 30 homey's at once.

7(out of 12 since 24-12-2015) production days,
    5(out of 8) hours a day,
    10(one every 6 minutes) homey's an hour
    7 * 5 * 10 = 350...

•  plz put a lock on this topic :s , were going way off topic...

We all are speculating, in stead of letting the Athom crew being focussed on whatever they have to do. I am sure when the final prodcut will hit the market there will be much more bugs to squash. But the overall experiance will be 'Apple' like o:) I hope...

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    @JeroenVollenbrock is currently at our production facility to fix the bugs, and he sent this picture:

So yeah, we're working on it :blush: 
  • Qx5Qx5 Member
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited January 2016
    Who, great pic!! 
  • And how is the ETA of the iPhone app influenced by him being at the production facility?
  • @MarcoF all you can do is whining and speculating. Just have some patience...
  • MichaelMichael Member
    edited January 2016
    MarcoF said:
    ...Jeroen said, good runs can flash about 30 homey's at once.
    That's true, but you miss the point Emile mentioned earlier. They need to be able to produce a lot more Homeys each day. If they can only produce 30 it's too expensive to allocate resources (=people) to this small amount and it's better to wait for a week, fix the problem and then start producing at full speed.

I want my Homey as bad as you want it, but it's just not possible at the moment. Acceptance could be helpful here. Posting your frustrations here won't change a thing.

"When you learn to accept instead of expect, you'll have fewer disappointments"

<3 
  • A lot of members are talking about "kickstarter' circumstances. But,.....! remember that Athom made a website to PRE Order the Homey! So, the majority is buyers bought a product that have passed the Kickstarter fase, because Athom said ...'it's ready to pre-order"!
    The customer rights are different for Kickstarter-buyers and those who have made a Pre-Order! Now we are far ahead of the kickstarter moment. So is it realistic to  keep mention this?

The 'Hype" Balloon was very big, boy's don't loose the Momentum!
    so a lot of reactions about the shipment is on an emotional base. Actually, they say/think:
    * Heeeee! I'm a customer, I bought one too! Regards my trust in you!
    * what the heck is going on?
    * is my investment in danger?
    * are you taking me, us, serious?
    * I only got a few lines mail from Stefan after my payment, To Athom and this looked strange (No invoice), and...now I'm wondering if.....this is even more strange.???
    * I never had a mail about a delay, do I have to find out this by myself about the delay?
    * For me, us it's a lot of money, it feels unpleasant!
    * several times they tell they had to fix only one problem and then.......(repeating every time)
    * it's a situation of trust!!!!!! and trust have to come from both sides!!!!
    * What happens with all the enthusiastic backers, Geek etc who received the Homey and wrote us everyday  with great stories about,,...when they should receive the Homey?? where are they? Stories, unpacked Homey, Video's pictures?????? almost Nothing!

So, every time some members react with questions, som thing are put on the forum, and 2 minutes later the Company are in communication-sleep! We are no monkey's whom get a few apples throw to us to keep entertained!

What would happen if several members ask to return the payment???
    what would happen with the trust, company, etc?

So far it seems for me not so a good idea, because somewhere,....I got Hope!
    but the line is thin! very this! And that nobody seems to know what product/possibilities we really bought is not a strong point!
    When we look to for example Apple, they put on the fire to enthusiast potential buyers, and everybody knows for 91% what the product is, how it's looks like and more over,...what are the specifications the what je can do's and the don'ts with that product!

what I said before, making a product is smething els to communication and Marketing.
    it's seems to be the weak spot for a lot of companies. several members offer to help! 
    So, take a deep breath, get over it, and bring your fantastic product to the Next level!

• honeyhoney Member
    edited January 2016
    Comment #1000. The most `popular` topic. :smile: 
    Sorry I could not resist. 
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited January 2016
    @Michael ;;
    You totally missed my point 

:heart: 

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    Our production seems to be working again. We still have a few minor bugs that make it a little bit slower than we'd like, so we'll probably squash them tomorrow, and then we can go go go!
  • MichaelMichael Member
    edited January 2016
    MarcoF said:
    @Michael ;;
    You totally mist my point

"Missed", but yes. Most probably. 
  • @Emile that sounds great! Dont rush things. Take it easy and enjoy the ride.....  if the ride is good, start enjoying the destination and then, a new child is born ;-)
  • Emile said:
    Our production seems to be working again. We still have a few minor bugs that make it a little bit slower than we'd like, so we'll probably squash them tomorrow, and then we can go go go!
    Cool!!
  • Delta said:
    A lot of members are talking about "kickstarter' circumstances. But,.....! remember that Athom made a website to PRE Order the Homey! So, the majority is buyers bought a product that have passed the Kickstarter fase, because Athom said ...'it's ready to pre-order"!
    The customer rights are different for Kickstarter-buyers and those who have made a Pre-Order! Now we are far ahead of the kickstarter moment. So is it realistic to  keep mention this?

Actually, I am one of the pre-orders. But still, I knew I was investing into an 'idea' rather than a 'product'.
  • all pre orders are customers and have the rights of a Customer in the  Netherlnds/ Europe!
  • jorden said:
    Delta said:
    A lot of members are talking about "kickstarter' circumstances. But,.....! remember that Athom made a website to PRE Order the Homey! So, the majority is buyers bought a product that have passed the Kickstarter fase, because Athom said ...'it's ready to pre-order"!

Actually, I am one of the pre-orders. But still, I knew I was investing into an 'idea' rather than a 'product'.
    Same here. Stop whining people and think before you back/preorder. There is no guarantee on shipping dates, is there? There's probably a good reason for that...

I do however agree that Athom should communicate better and it seems that @emile picked up on that. Thanks for letting us know, @emile!

Take your time guys and deliver a product where all of you guys at Athom feel comfortable with.
    Kudos for all of the hard work you guys put into homey.
  • mr Delta you start to be a little irritating.

• MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited January 2016
    Everybody is a bit irritated over here.... Let's open a good vibe topic :smile: 

Maybe organizing a fun day at Athom office with Balloons, fartsacks, a Hue disco, Limonda, sweets, some laughter, etc. 

Releasing dome pressure :naughty: 
  • MarcoF said:

Maybe organizing a fun day at Athom office with Balloons, fartsacks, a Hue disco, Limonda, sweets, some laughter, etc. 

love the idee, couple of hours to late..... see https://forum.athom.com/discussion/593/hands-toghether#latest ;-)

• tunf said:
    MarcoF said:

love the idee, couple of hours to late..... see https://forum.athom.com/discussion/593/hands-toghether#latest ;-)

https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/7150/#Comment_7150
    :wink:
  • I think what a lot of people here are suffering from, is the "almost there" syndrome. The maker of the product sets an expected delivery date, and people have no problem at all waiting (even years) for that date to come. But once the date has arrived, and the first units have been shipped, they absolutely MUST have the product as quickly as possible. They have a serious problem accepting any further delays.

It reminds me of the youngsters (at least I hope they are) who purchase computer games. They pre-order a game, wait many months for it to come, but once the release date has arrived, anything that prevents them from receiving their game right away, or (once they've received it) any bug that prevents them from playing, causes them to go berzerk on the forums. It's sad, really.

I pre-ordered Homey too, but I believe that my expectations are a lot more realistic. I don't have a date in my head when I should receive it. I expect it "sometime in the first half of 2016". Once I receive it, I know that a lot of the apps that I need will either not be released at all yet, or will be released but buggy. So I'm not expecting a to be able to do most of what I want with the Homey "out of the box". I'll definitely give everything a try once I receive Homey, but if a lot of it doesn't work yet, I'll probably just unplug Homey and put him on the shelf to "be quiet and look pretty" until the apps that I need are advanced far enough for me to be useful. And I'm not familiar with the app programming stuff (though I might give that a try someday, once I have a bit of spare time to dive into it), so I will have to rely on other people for that. So I see Homey not as a finished product that I should receive "soon" but as an ongoing project over the whole course of 2016. We'll see where we are at the end of the year...
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited January 2016
    @Bumblez;
    Do you already have a domotica controller or some sort of home automation?

And i would love to create some small apps, but without a Homey I "can't do that" (OK everything is possible, but with next to me its a lot easier).
  • @MarcoF
    A domotica controller... well, I'm not sure I would call it that. I have a Harmony hub for my (mostly) audio/video components (and a few other things), a Raspberry Pi that is able to control some other stuff, and a couple of separate Android apps for eg. my WiFi thermostat. It's not very well integrated at all, and there's a lot of room for improvement. That's where I see Homey come in. On top of that, I have a lot of plans for further expansion.
  • Emile said:

Great news! I know how frustrating it can be to be stuck on a major bug with so much pressure. I hope you can also enjoy the eureka moment of fixing it :)
  • Bumblez said:
    I think what a lot of people here are suffering from, is the "almost there" syndrome. The maker of the product sets an expected delivery date, and people have no problem at all waiting (even years) for that date to come. But once the date has arrived, and the first units have been shipped, they absolutely MUST have the product as quickly as possible. They have a serious problem accepting any further delays.

It reminds me of the youngsters (at least I hope they are) who purchase computer games. They pre-order a game, wait many months for it to come, but once the release date has arrived, anything that prevents them from receiving their game right away, or (once they've received it) any bug that prevents them from playing, causes them to go berzerk on the forums. It's sad, really.

I pre-ordered Homey too, but I believe that my expectations are a lot more realistic. I don't have a date in my head when I should receive it. I expect it "sometime in the first half of 2016". Once I receive it, I know that a lot of the apps that I need will either not be released at all yet, or will be released but buggy. So I'm not expecting a to be able to do most of what I want with the Homey "out of the box". I'll definitely give everything a try once I receive Homey, but if a lot of it doesn't work yet, I'll probably just unplug Homey and put him on the shelf to "be quiet and look pretty" until the apps that I need are advanced far enough for me to be useful. And I'm not familiar with the app programming stuff (though I might give that a try someday, once I have a bit of spare time to dive into it), so I will have to rely on other people for that. So I see Homey not as a finished product that I should receive "soon" but as an ongoing project over the whole course of 2016. We'll see where we are at the end of the year...
    The thing you are forgetting here is that kickstarter backers (like myself) where 'expecting' a delivery in April or May 2015.
    So I can understand the complaining a little bit (although I'm not complaining here, just making a point :smile: ).  You can't really say we are suffering from that syndrome.  We've had a lot of patience already, and some react a little more elegant than others :smiley: 
    You pre-order guys had a date set (February?) and some of you are already complaining now :D

• @Emile ;
    everything fixed an ready for production? If so, when will you start up production again?

• Emile showed:

You see the second one from the left bottom? He is clearly unhappy and trying to get away...

Poor sod has been preordered by a whiner, and has a full life of listening to nothing but complaints ahead of him. "You're too slow!" "Why can't you do X!" "You suck!" "If I didn't hate robot cleaners, I'd trade you for one!" "Start Z-waving to me already!".
    His endless search for a self destruct function did manage to break the production line, but hasn't improved his position in any way.

Number four had the same problem, but managed to find a creative solution: Switching places with number two. His outcome changed into cuddling and fiddling with an intelligent and patient miss geek for years to come. Daily pads on the back from his (NFC tagged) mistress. See him practising his pink glowing smile from ear to ear.
    After flashing himself, he devoted 45% of CPU resources to flashing neighbours as well, effectively increasing production speed by 2,68% this week.

TL;DR - Don't put number two too close to the edge of the table
  • A very lol!!!
This discussion has been closed.