This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Homey Crash

My Homey appears to have just crashed - disconnected from WiFi or unreachable

This made me wonder two things
1) how can I try determine what caused that - it's never happened before and I'd rather it didn't again

2) how can I best sure in this kind of situation isit not doing an update? I took a gamble but is there an indicator when it's updating?

Thanks!

Comments

• lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited April 2018
    vaderag said:

1) how can I try determine what caused that - it's never happened before and I'd rather it didn't again

2) how can I best sure in this kind of situation isit not doing an update? I took a gamble but is there an indicator when it's updating?

Thanks!
    Depends, maybe you use a logging app, you use prometheus to see cpu/ram was the problem, did an app crash or are your insights full there can be many reasons but you can always send a log to Athom and let them take a look

Number 2 is easy to solve, never use auto update on something, always turn that off and be in control of when Homey is updating but you can always see it at the ledring color https://www.athom.com/en/support/KB000009/

• vaderagvaderag Member
    edited April 2018
    vaderag said:

Thanks!
    Depends, maybe you use a logging app, you use prometheus to see cpu/ram was the problem, did an app crash or are your insights full there can be many reasons but you can always send a log to Athom and let them take a look

Number 2 is easy to solve, never use auto update on something, always turn that off and be in control of when Homey is updating but you can always see it at the ledring color https://www.athom.com/en/support/KB000009/

Thanks. Re. 2 - I prefer to leave auto-update on as it'll never get updated otherwise ;) That said, you have a point... if i turn them off where do I easily check for new and update?

How do I submit the log report to Homey and get a response? (EDIT - nevermind - found that in Settings and sent code to support@)

• lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited April 2018
    vaderag said:
    vaderag said:

Thanks!

Thanks. Re. 2 - I prefer to leave auto-update on as it'll never get updated otherwise ;) That said, you have a point... if i turn them off where do I easily check for new and update?

How do I submit the log report to Homey and get a response? (EDIT - nevermind - found that in Settings and sent code to support@)

firmware.athom.com shows the list of updates, or just press the button check updates :) Don't know if it still works but the candy app have a card that can be used as a trigger when new firmware is available to send you a notification