This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

Homeyda.sh - Web based dashboard for Homey

Comments

• Should the toggle buttons state be refreshed automatically, when the state changes from an other source (like Homey itself)? 
    Yes, it should. You might need to refresh your screen though.
  • Count_B said:
    htilburgs said:
    Count_B said:
    htilburgs said:
    Maybe it's asked before, but I did a search and couldn't find any matches.
    First of all: Nice work!

Trying to setup a dashboard, I have some questions. 
    To make my dash "Child & Wife Friendly"  :) I like to work with Toggle Switches. 
    The work as the should, but take a lot of space on the dashboard.
    • Is there a way to change the Fontsize?
    • Is there a way to change the Iconsize?
    • Is there a way to change the height of the icon?

The toggle switches aren't working at the moment. But you can change the size when you add the widget.
    Which widget? I don’t understand what you meen. 
    If you add the widget "Toggle Button" you can resize and change the icon in the settings of the widget. But again the toggle switches are not working at the moment ;-)
    I did add the Widget to create the button. I know I can change the icon.
    Resizing is limited to the width and not possible for the height.
    @Phuturist has reacted that he will see if he can implement a setting for changing the font size.

Thanks for the (quick) replies and I will continue to use the dash and hope it will develop in time!
  • Phuturist said:
    Should the toggle buttons state be refreshed automatically, when the state changes from an other source (like Homey itself)? 
    Yes, it should. You might need to refresh your screen though.
    Yeah it only works after a manual refresh! Would it be possible to refresh the button-widgeds every time another button is pressed?
  • swtttswttt Member
    I think it should be possible to even refresh on device wake up. not sure if there is an issue already for it!
  • swttt said:
    I think it should be possible to even refresh on device wake up. not sure if there is an issue already for it!
    Is this it? https://github.com/swttt/HomeyDash/issues/13 
  • swtttswttt Member
    No, it should be an issue about quasar-framework.org/components/app-visibility.html 
    Since i am on a laptop now, i created the issue myself :smile:
    https://github.com/swttt/HomeyDash/issues/88
  • Phuturist said:
    Count_B said:
    htilburgs said:
    Count_B said:
    htilburgs said:

To make my dash "Child & Wife Friendly"  :) I like to work with Toggle Switches. 

The toggle switches aren't working at the moment. But you can change the size when you add the widget.
    If you add the widget "Toggle Button" you can resize and change the icon in the settings of the widget. But again the toggle switches are not working at the moment ;-)
    The toggle widget was fixed about 2 weeks ago. If they do not work for you first try to clear your local cache and re-add them. If that does not solve the problem I'd be interested in what hardware you are using.

I'll see if I can implement a setting for changing the font size.
    I have removed the local storage on my ipad but when I add a toggle button and press it still isn't responding. The strange thing is when I create a toggle button on my desktop with chrome it works. Any ideas?
  • Count_B said:
    Phuturist said:
    Count_B said:
    htilburgs said:
    Count_B said:
    htilburgs said:

The toggle widget was fixed about 2 weeks ago. If they do not work for you first try to clear your local cache and re-add them. If that does not solve the problem I'd be interested in what hardware you are using.

I have removed the local storage on my ipad but when I add a toggle button and press it still isn't responding. The strange thing is when I create a toggle button on my desktop with chrome it works. Any ideas?
    Use chrome on your iPad? 
  • Count_BCount_B Member
    edited April 2018
    Phuturist said:
    Count_B said:
    Phuturist said:
    Count_B said:
    htilburgs said:
    Count_B said:
    htilburgs said:

Use chrome on your iPad? 
    Nope Safari. Also when I want to edit the widget or remove one in edit mode I must press it a lot of times before it reacts. I have a IPad 2017 9.7 inch.
  • Count_B said:
    Phuturist said:
    Count_B said:
    Phuturist said:
    Count_B said:
    htilburgs said:
    Count_B said:
    htilburgs said:

Use chrome on your iPad? 
    Nope Safari. Also when I want to edit the widget or remove one in edit mode I must press it a lot of times before it reacts. I have a IPad 2017 9.7 inch.
    My suggestion was to use chrome, also on the iPad. And yes, editing and deleting does not work properly yet.
  • Is there a way to save the settings and buttons? Clearing cache or moving to another system results in building all from the start. 
  • @htilburgs
    Yes, that would be nice. Or even beter, an export function so settings can be imported on other devices  :)
  • Edit and delete of button, just press above the button, then it works for me.

Power, I have an LS120, can select it, but in dashboard no data is displayed. Device recognised, but not able to read data from homey?
  • Maybe I miss something, but are there any special settings required to run homeyda.sh on Internet Explorer 11?
    I have a Microsoft Surface with Windows RT and IE11, but don't get it to work.
    After the Account and Allow it just goes to the Login again.

Tested also on a Microsoft Surface 4 with Windows 10 and the same issue.
  • htilburgs said:
    Maybe I miss something, but are there any special settings required to run homeyda.sh on Internet Explorer 11?
    I have a Microsoft Surface with Windows RT and IE11, but don't get it to work.
    After the Account and Allow it just goes to the Login again.

Tested also on a Microsoft Surface 4 with Windows 10 and the same issue.
    Google Chrome, no issue
    IE11 / Edge, described issue

Anyone? 
  • WIndows 10 Pro:   only with IE11 I have the same problem.  With Edge is everything working fine
  • ludigaldrinludigaldrin Member
    edited April 2018
    @cnvisser , I see the same. On my android phone with chrome I can not edit or remove the placed widgets anymore.
    Also the buttons I created do seem to work. On desktop everything seems ok.
    Is there any update on this one? Seems to happen to all mobile devices so ipad, iphone, android, chrome, safari etc. I would guess its connected to touch control. Both stable, beta and also from github.

Found this issue: https://github.com/swttt/HomeyDash/issues/56
    I guess that one is the same.

And btw way. Its a really nice product. Soon I will have one 10" tablet on each flor making me nicely update everything. Using this fullscreen app to make it take up all the screen: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.svipler.svipkiosk
  • Made a nice discovery. I checked out the code from Git and ran it. Got the same issue.
    Then I ran "npm update", removed a line a settings file it complained about then tried ran it. Now touch works like it should :). So it would be awesome if this could happen to the beta version online any time soon :)
  • "removed a line a settings file" -> which line would that be?
  • bvdbos said:
    "removed a line a settings file" -> which line would that be?
    When building it with update it tells me at build time to remove a line in a index.html file. This was building it from master branch. Don't exactly remember what line :)
  • bvdbos said:
    "removed a line a settings file" -> which line would that be?

This is the message i Get. 

Your newer Quasar CLI requires a minor change to /src/index.template.html
    Please remove this tag completely:
    <base href="<%= htmlWebpackPlugin.options.appBase %>">

Now trying a build from beta instead of master.
  • Hi all, I've a working dashboard for quite some time and im very happy about it! But i do have a question and was curious if others have the same issue:

I have a tablet attached to the wall and it hangs there day and night. However, I do notice that the dashboard does not update itself, so after a while, when some devices changed status, the dashboard is not fully synched and does not show the correct state of all these devices. I would like to have it fully synched, as then it is possible to instanlty see the status of all my devies. (handy if i want to see if devices are still turned on when i leave etc). Do have more people experience this and is this intended?

• Roephoed said:

Hi all, I've a working dashboard for quite some time and im very happy about it! But i do have a question and was curious if others have the same issue:

I have a tablet attached to the wall and it hangs there day and night. However, I do notice that the dashboard does not update itself, so after a while, when some devices changed status, the dashboard is not fully synched and does not show the correct state of all these devices. I would like to have it fully synched, as then it is possible to instanlty see the status of all my devies. (handy if i want to see if devices are still turned on when i leave etc). Do have more people experience this and is this intended?

Check: 
    and
    https://github.com/swttt/HomeyDash/issues/86

• Roephoed said:

Hi all, I've a working dashboard for quite some time and im very happy about it! But i do have a question and was curious if others have the same issue:

Check: 
    and
    https://github.com/swttt/HomeyDash/issues/86

Thanks @keverjeroen, I know enough :)
  • lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited April 2018
    Maybe good to post the information about next developers meetup also here. Wednesday 2-5-18 @swttt will come to the developers meetup in Utrecht to talk about Homeyda.sh and how to make widgets for it. 

Below is in Dutch because it's a Dutch event / invitation (more information and to sign up here)

Afgelopen meet-up (4 april) was helaas de maker van HomeyDa.sh ziek en is er een presentatie gegeven over HomeyDa.sh door Lubbert en hebben we daarnaast gekeken naar de logica in Homey en de nieuwe mobiele applicatie inclusief het nieuwe design.

Inmiddels is Bas (swttt), de maker weer hersteld en zal hij een demo geven van HomeyDa.sh. Daarnaast zal er uitgelegd worden hoe iedereen zelf widgets kan maken voor Homeyda.sh. Daarnaast is er genoeg tijd en ruimte om te kijken naar vragen of andere Homey vragen.

Om de avond beheersbaar te houden en vanwege de beperkte ruimte, is aanmelden gewenst. Aangezien deze avonden zeer goed bevallen staan ze vast tot het einde van het jaar op iedere eerste woensdag van de maand.

Om 18:00 zal er pizza besteld worden. Mocht je mee willen eten (eigen kosten) geef dit dan aan zodat er ook voor jou een pizza geregeld wordt. Koffie, thee en fris is aanwezig.

De tijden:
    18:00 pizza eten.
    18:45 inloop.
    19:00 start.
    22:00 einde

Wij zetten weer in op een leerzame en gezellige avond.
    Lubbert, Marijn, Max

• JosStultjensJosStultjens Member
    edited April 2018
    I am trying to get a live feed of my Foscam FI9805W in Homeyda.sh.
    The feed is working in the "legacy" homeyDash, but not in Homeyda.sh.
    I only see a still picture. Every refresh of the browser will show an updated picture, but no live feed.

Why is there a difference in behavior between the legacy HomeyDash and Homeyda.sh?

I have used the followinjg URL: http://192.168.1.104:8091/cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=snapPicture2&amp;usr=USR&amp;pwd=PWD  
    The actual userID and Pasword were replaced offcourse.

Is this also related to the refresh issue?
  • I am trying to get a live feed of my Foscam FI9805W in Homeyda.sh.
    I only see a still picture. Every refresh of the browser will show an updated picture, but no live feed.

Why is there a difference in behavior between the legacy HomeyDash and Homeyda.sh?

I have used the followinjg URL: http://192.168.1.104:8091/cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=snapPicture2&amp;usr=USR&amp;pwd=PWD  

The video stream in the legacy HomeyDash was updating every second by itself. Therefor a link to a still image still looked like a stream. This is not the case for the new HomeyDash video widget. It will only work with an actual MJPEG stream. Looking at your url you are using a snapshot (is still image) url. If you open that url directly in the browser you will probably also get a still image instead of a stream. You will have to find out the proper link to a MJPEG stream (assuming your Foscam cam actually supports it). And no, this not related to the refresh issue.
  • I am trying to get a live feed of my Foscam FI9805W in Homeyda.sh.

Take a look at this page:
    http://foscam.us/forum/how-to-fetch-snapshots-and-mjpeg-stream-on-hd-cameras-t4328.html

It explains how to setup your foscam using a video stream. It works for me!
  • JosStultjensJosStultjens Member
    edited April 2018
    @htilburgs:  I already tried that.
    I have set the substream to MJPEG via following URL. This command is accepted. 
    http://192.168.1.111:8091/cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=setSubStreamFormat&format=1&usr=USR&pwd=PWD

<CGI_Result>
        <result>0</result>
    </CGI_Result>

Next I entered the following in the widget:

But nothing is shown.

• @htilburgs:  I already tried that.
    I have set the substream to MJPEG via following URL. This command is accepted. 
    http://192.168.1.111:8091/cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=setSubStreamFormat&format=1&usr=USR&pwd=PWD

<CGI_Result>
        <result>0</result>
    </CGI_Result>

Next I entered the following in the widget:

But nothing is shown.

What do you see when you enter that URL directly in the browser. If it does for give you a stream there it for sure won't work in the widget.